It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I really feel this way?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As a great dude once said, you are just consciousness having a split second experience in a human body. Hang in there, it will be over before you know it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The OP sounds like he has a naturally low level of dopaminergic activity, which I would think has a high prevalence today due to the young ages that we unknowingly ingest chemicals that act upon these receptors, such as MSG, which, to me, is just a low level synthetic opiate. This could be what some are calling disability which may not be genetic at all, but due to constant bombardment of ones CNS Reward System. We live in a society of addiction, in which, even those living a life of luxury are unable to stop depression because they cant understand what is making them depressed, and those who make money from these types of things are making it continuously harder to control the chemicals we intake.
However, depression is just one theme here. One can look at hardships endured through life and dwell on them, thinking this is how my life will carry on. Or one can look back with passion thinking these are the things that made me strong. How you perceive these events is everything.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Depressed much, you sound so depressed , have you
had yourself looked at by a Dr.? I know a lot of times the wrong kind of drugs
will do that to people IdSerenity, I do hope you have that checked though, I
have seen this in a couple of others and i know it must be hard for you. Keep
on going and look at the bright side of life.

edit on 26-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You know what's great?

You're totally FREE!

If you've given up on everyone--on your parents, on your friends, on everyone who expects anything of you--you have more freedom than almost anyone in this world. You're moving beyond the social constraints that most of us deal with every single day. That should not mean crawling into a hole and dying! Embrace this! Embrace the fact that you aren't/don't want to be a productive member of society. Get a mediocre job, work it for a while, buy a motorcycle, drive off into the sunset, and find yourself. This is the greatest opportunity of your life. Don't let it pass you by.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes she can, but she/he has to let go of her hate for people, that will only stunt
the way they function in the world, people can be cruel. You go girl/boy.!

Originally posted by ldyserenity
So here it is. I am done with humanity. I don't want to deal with anybody. I want to crawl in a hole and never be seen again. Do you want to know why? I have been robbed of everything I could have been and everything I could have had. And do you know what? I am holding a grudge, # forgiveness, # enlightenment, I don't care any more. If you think I haven't been robbed, well when people in your school when you're still young(from Kindergarden on up) and very impressionable call you ugly and a loser and that you will never go anywhere in life, well you beleive it and it does become a self fulfilling prophecy. Then to have parents who tell you you will never get into college because you aren't serious about education, even after you stayed in High school and had to repeat 11th grade because you cut so many times the first time around because High school was hell, they still don't see you really are serious about college and decide they're just not going to pay for it. On top of that they screw you out of financial aid because they claim you as a dependant on their income tax that year. Then what the # do you think you'll ever amount to...I will tell you...like me a bitter, angry, person who has no happiness and no propspects and no way out of hell. I don't care if any of you think I am a whiner and to get over it already, I tell you, I won't! My life was ruined by human beings everyone I came in contact with, so They and their cohorts are less than insects to me. I deleted my facebook and myspace accounts cause all of these people have the gull after ruining my life to then try to add me on their friends list. Well I am disgusted people don't realize what the heck they did, nor do they even care. So I'd be happy if the world did come to an end, hell if I could push the d*** button I would! I hate humans!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

We all go through a stage/stages of resentment...be it at major turning points in our lives, or just periodically. It's just human nature, but to think YOU have been more wronged than the rest is naive, duh you're gonna feel you deserve to be treated a certain way, everyone does. I'm sure everyone on this Earth has been wronged by some, or many...YOU have the choice to stoop to the level of getting angry or really examining why said persons acted the way they did. YOU can only control YOUR actions and reactions. As for the going into hiding...that's just a side effect of being an introvert, so don't beat yourself up over that. I hope you've come out of your depression, and have let go some of the anger. Best of Wishes!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I feel really really bad for you. Sounds like you're not just holding an angry grudge. You seem very hurt.
Before say'in anything else, I think the fact that you are vulnerable, needs to be on the table. Don't know at all, what you believe this life is all about. So the only thing I can come up with for you is this. I feel where you are coming from big time. There is only one thing in this life that keeps me going.

I know in my heart the world is going to hell in a hand basket. You are surrounded only by products of this world.
Not real humans at all. There's a good reason it's all going to hell. Because this is not the world God intended for you or me. Hold on to that grudge and you are apart of this world. Let it all go, so you can be a part of a world, that should have been . A world that is yet to come. Don't let this world take you down. In my 52 yrs on this earth

I've been going through what you describe the whole time. Some of it better, some of it worse. I still smile everyday because of someone who suffered so much more than me, for me. You know what I mean ?
What I mean is, I havn't even had it as bad as others. I think of what Christ went through for me.
That is Love and I hope you are able to feel that.

edit on 30-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I really like what "TheMythLives " had to say to you. Just one part he dosn't know about. The surrender won't stand in the way of anything else he said.

Love your brother and your sister

Randyvious

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join