It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by rapunzel222

New Zealand is much much older than you realise; to my knowledge there are at least 4 different civilizations at different times in NZ before the Maori arrived.

oh, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

well regardless if some people are racist or not, it shouldn't interfere with getting at the truth in archaeology.

you have stone structures in easter island that look identical to nuraghi stone towers in the mediterranean and other stone houses in europe. That needs some explaining. you have some people who had red hair who were there already when the supposed first europeans arrived.

i just want to say, that i think the polynesian explorers who sailed across the pacific have much to teach us. they were black, btw. they had amazing double hulled canoes that were faster than european ships; they had and have great knowledge of sailling and of local wildlife and vegetation and its medicinal and other uses. i respect this culture a lot.

i also have respect for ancient european cultures and think some of these were more than capable of sailing out into the pacific many years ago and leaving a structure or two in NZ or on easter island.

Does it make them superior to other races who reached these places - such as the polynesians?

no. of course not.

in fact, to be technical, apparantly the maoris hunted the pre-existing NZ races to extinction, so if you go by conquering status, they 'beat' the existing races, therefore won out on the 'superiority' stakes if you want to see it that way.

and fyi, i think there's much evidence in olmec culture to suggest that the chinese actually sailed across to and traded with meso america in ancient times - in the neolithic.

if some people want to use the possible sailing of a neolithic white race around the world for racist motives, that's their problem. i don't just allege the caucasians did it; i say the chinese did too; as well as the polynesians etc. None of these were 'superior'...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
This is what Thor Heyerdahl was trying to prove (that white people built everything and taught people to be civilized). He was, by the way, a Nazi sympathizer. Which as far as academic bias goes, is up at the top of the list. Why do some people want to prove these things, anyway?

If there's evidence for Caucasoid remains in places where they are not expected, I certainly wouldn't be surprised. There is lots of evidence for Pre-Columbian exploration. What I know you won't find real evidence for, is the racist idea that "white gods brought civilization to the savages" that Thor Heyerdahl was so determined to prove. That's what I think people would be offended by.

well, if there were white skinned aliens who did bring technology to early peoples (including early WHITE peoples on earth), then i guess it's not gonna matter much if people get offended. truth is still the truth. people will have to deal with it.

there are probably black aliens too out there, i guess it depends how close your planet is to the sun probably. or grey aliens, or reptile aliens - is that gonna offend people?

political correctness has gone insane.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Oh, and if you look at the depictions of ancient 'gods' in india and china, i think there's more evidence that they were BLUE skinned, rather than white....

hope that doesn't offend anyone racially.

btw, don't insult von daniken. he was never racist or a white supremacist. All he wanted was to make ppl see that aliens had been to earth in our ancient history, which there is actually plenty of evidence that they have done so.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why do you think they filmed The Lord of the Rings there???

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
We seem to have gone ff track.
Does anyone have any valid reason why evidence for the presence of humans in New Zealand before the Maoris would be supressed by archaeologists?
Of course, embarassing for the maoris if humans were co-existing with the mega fauna on New Zealand for thousands of years, and only when they arrived did they suddenly became all extinct .... Oops ....

OK, two elements that I am not seeing discussed here. What a lot of people regard as 'suppression' may actually be 'discretion', instead. When the location of sites is widely known, then they are looted, plain and simple.

I would also submit that, at least using the North American context as an example, evidence of prior occupations could seriously affect Maori land claims (if that is an issue in NZ). Look at the furor that Kennnewick Man created in the U.S. So...there could be strong political pressure to keep the situation from being 'confused' with facts. Not good...but not evidence of grand conspiracy in the halls of academe, either. More a case of government funding agencies paying the piper and calling the tune.

Just sayin'...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Question and comment

you have stone structures in easter island that look identical to nuraghi stone towers in the mediterranean and other stone houses in europe

Do we? Could you be so kind as to link to the source of this claim please

2nd comment on old Thor 'Nazi'? I don't think so as he fought WWII as part of the Free Norwegian forces.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I had to re-awaken this thread because I feel like the information I have been finding out is worth mentioning.

I can see why the stone settlements have been confused as celtic, but the idea that only a european race is capable of stone building is very ignorant.

The true indigenous people of New Zealand are descendants of the people now known as the White Berbers, who in early times were known as the Mauri. They lived in the area now known as libya. This was the home of the great explorer, Maui.

en.wikipedia.org...

The kumara or sweet potato has its origins in South America, but somehow made its way to the Pacific very early on. This is evidence of some sort of contact. Many people may not know, the great Maui who appears in almost all pacific islands mythology, was actually a real person. His is existence is verified by cave drawings which appear in Indonesia, Chile, and at Mt Tarawera. He also left petroglyphs on Pitcairn island.

www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

Maui has what you could say is a signature, a small figure resembling a pine tree which appears in these locations, along with details of eclipses and how he was using an instrument called a tanawa to measure the longtitude of his travels. This signature also appears on the Rongo Rongo boards of Easter Island.

Here is a chart of his suspected voyage

If you want to find out more about the voyage and why it happened, use google.

In 1722, a Dutch explorer, Jacob Roggeveen, sighted and visited Easter island. This happened to be on a Sunday, Easter Sunday to be precise, and the name stuck: Easter Island (Isla de Pascua in Spanish). What he discovered on Easter Island were three distinct groups of people, Dark skinned, Red skinned, and very Pale skinned People with red hair. Search up Waitaha on wikipedia and you will find they claim to be 3 different races, 1 dark and 2 light. These are the same people, all descendants of Maui. If you search up the white berbers, you will find some are born with darker skin and hair, some fair skin with dark eyes, others are born with blonde hair and blue/green eyes. This causes a lot of contriversy as to where they originate.

If you look at the song of waitaha contents page, it mentions being the kete of Hotu Matua. In Easter island Mythology, Hotu Matu'a is the islands legendary founder. Stone buildings and dwellings exist on easter island.
the language is very similar to Maori, with many words being spelled the same and meaning the exact same, whereas other polynesian languages tend to have some variation. One example is Tangata, meaning people.
it would seem, these people originated from the same place, as in they were dropped off by Maui. Why do you think the South Island is known as Mauis canoe? it was his settling place, and also the location of the waitaha of today.

2000 year old rat bones found in hawkes bay are from a species of rat from indonesia that is larger, and predecesses the kiore. Now how would a rat from indoniesa get to New Zealand 2000 years ago? Oh thats right, Maui stopped off there, as is proven by cave drawings and the presence of his signature. The drawings were deciphered by New Zealander Barry Fell.

An interesting read is "A museum Underfoot" by trevor hosking. he investigated many sights around tokaanu and turangi during the power scheme, and on the very bottom layers in some places he found skulls of a completely different shape to modern polynesians. The oldest burials were aligned to the west, as the egyptians do. The later burials of the same sites fitted the skull shape of modern polynesian. No longer are we limited to far out conspiracys, this man has found the evidence that these people existed, and pre dated the Maori. In the taupo area they are known as ngati korako, which translates to fairy folk. Maori stories of patupaiarehe living in the mountains would have been the last few remaining tribes, who would have slowly been wiped out. The maori would have thought they were gods, due to their white skin and would have adopted their culture. As with the case of captian cook, when the polynesians realised this was not the case, they would have killed this race.

I believe this is why people say there is lack of evidence of these people. Any pa site, adze or tool is immediately considered to be Maori, when actually the culture and way of living was adopted from the previous inhabitants.

i know i have missed some things here, feel free to query any of this as i can back it up

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

btw, don't insult von daniken. he was never racist or a white supremacist. All he wanted was to make ppl see that aliens had been to earth in our ancient history, which there is actually plenty of evidence that they have done so.

Wrong! Capitally!

Con Von Daniken's only aim was to CON the People by fabricating talers, Fabricating evidences, conning them for their money when they buy his crap books.
Dont you know that he is Con artist, who was imprisoned for embezzlement?
Do you know that he fabricated Artefacts and passed them as if they were real? he paid a potter to make fake pottery depicting images of UFOs/Flying saucers. The BBC/PBS team who made the TV Special

The Case of the Ancient Astronauts (BBC Horizon/PBS NOVA 1977)

found the potter who made the pottery and he owned up that Daniken paid him to make the pottery.
When confronted with this evidence, Daniken, typical Fringe Style, defends himself by saying that some people would only believe if they saw proof .

So, would anyone trust a person who fakes evidence to provide support for his theory??

Watch the youtube video for more.

Daniken is a Con. Con Von Daniken!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kezzanator

In 1722, a Dutch explorer, Jacob Roggeveen, sighted and visited Easter island. This happened to be on a Sunday, Easter Sunday to be precise, and the name stuck: Easter Island (Isla de Pascua in Spanish). What he discovered on Easter Island were three distinct groups of people, Dark skinned, Red skinned, and very Pale skinned People with red hair. Search up Waitaha on wikipedia and you will find they claim to be 3 different races, 1 dark and 2 light.

You sure that is in Jacob's journal? It was found in 1836 and published later....perhaps you could link to the part where he made this discovery please

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kezzanator

2000 year old rat bones found in hawkes bay are from a species of rat from indonesia that is larger, and predecesses the kiore. Now how would a rat from indoniesa get to New Zealand 2000 years ago? Oh thats right, Maui stopped off there, as is proven by cave drawings and the presence of his signature. The drawings were deciphered by New Zealander Barry Fell.

Do you have a source for this, regarding the rat bones being of an 'Indonesian' rat?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Unfortunately I cannot locate an internet source for this information. When I have some time I will scan some pages of Trevor Hoskings book. He is a very credible source and was put in charge of discovering and protecting maori sites that were in the way of the Turangi power scheme. He also had to remove and relocate many remains, hence the discovery of the ancient skulls. He is well respected by local iwi, and is not a racist.

Oh and you know the little island on Lake Taupo, where no one is allowed to go? In the 70's Trevor and a friend camped on the island, where he found stone terraces and walls which he thought looked most non maori. Obviously I cannot back this up with photos, but once again, he is a very credible source and has no reason to twist the truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hans,
I found this one at the sacred texts archives

Te Pito Te Henua, Or Easter Island by William J. Thomson [1891]

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by kezzanator

In 1722, a Dutch explorer, Jacob Roggeveen, sighted and visited Easter island. This happened to be on a Sunday, Easter Sunday to be precise, and the name stuck: Easter Island (Isla de Pascua in Spanish). What he discovered on Easter Island were three distinct groups of people, Dark skinned, Red skinned, and very Pale skinned People with red hair. Search up Waitaha on wikipedia and you will find they claim to be 3 different races, 1 dark and 2 light.

You sure that is in Jacob's journal? It was found in 1836 and published later....perhaps you could link to the part where he made this discovery please

I have not read his journal and that little bit of info I found posted on a site about easter island. I was intrigued that the info fit with the waitaha description though.
edit on 7-2-2012 by kezzanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kezzanator
reply to post by aorAki

Unfortunately I cannot locate an internet source for this information. When I have some time I will scan some pages of Trevor Hoskings book. He is a very credible source and was put in charge of discovering and protecting maori sites that were in the way of the Turangi power scheme. He also had to remove and relocate many remains, hence the discovery of the ancient skulls. He is well respected by local iwi, and is not a racist.

I was just asking because I know Richard Holdaway who would be a better source than Trevor Hoskings seeing as it was he who found the rat bones.

I will also check and see if any of my colleagues have been to that island (Motu Taiko) for their volcanology work.
edit on 7-2-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

E-local magazine in pukekohe ran a number of articles on this last year and yes there is a cover up. There have been several books written on the topic as well. I would hit google and see what you can turn up.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hans,
I found this one at the sacred texts archives

Te Pito Te Henua, Or Easter Island by William J. Thomson [1891]

Thank you Coredrill

Mendana states that the islanders are nearly white and have red hair. They resemble the Marquesans more than any other Polynesians, and considerable variety prevails in their complexions. The children are not much darker than Europeans, but the skin assumes a brown line as they grow up and are exposed to the sun and trade-winds. The parts of the body that are covered retain the light color, and the females, who are usually protected from the sun, are much fairer than the men. Bronze complexions are believed to indicate strength, and a dark skin is considered a mark of beauty. The eyes are dark-brown, bright, and fall, with black brows and lashes not very heavy. The countenance is usually open, modest, and pleasing. The facial angle is slightly receding, the nose aquiline and well, proportioned; the prominent chin with thin lips gives somewhat the appearance of resolution to the countenance.

Now who is Mendana? I Presume he means Alvaro de Mendaña who oddly never went to Rapa Nui as far as we know. Well will leave it there until tomorrow

Adios

Puzzling, the description, except for the first line describes Polynesians

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes I think Richard Holdaway was the name mentioned in the book, which I don't have handy as I'm away from home. Trevor Hosking found similar bones near Taupo. And I doubt there have been any visitors to the island. The maori have conveniantly placed a tapu on it and landing is not allowed.

Oh so you personally know Richard Holdaway? Awesome if so, let us know what you find out.
edit on 8-2-2012 by kezzanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
These are obviously remains of a colony who survived the flood. They are decedents of Cain i.e. atlantians. They have the mark of Cain too which is to be extremely tall. Remember when god said I will put a mark on your decedents and it will protect them, that mark was height!

The Greeks call them titans, the Irish call them the Tuatha Dé Danann, in Indian text they are the Asuras and the Norse call them the Æsir. In all accounts they are described as tall Caucasians with pail white skin, red/brown hair and green/blue eyes. In New Zealand the modern Maoris probably want to cover up this because they don’t want to say that when they arrived there the island had already been occupied for thousands of years by whites. Genetically the Celts are the closest to these peoples which is why if you extracted dna from those bones and did dna mapping it would show a match with Ireland. Same if you did this with those tall mummies in china or the pharaohs of Egypt.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
These are obviously remains of a colony who survived the flood. They are decedents of Cain i.e. atlantians. They have the mark of Cain too which is to be extremely tall. Remember when god said I will put a mark on your decedents and it will protect them, that mark was height!

The Greeks call them titans, the Irish call them the Tuatha Dé Danann, in Indian text they are the Asuras and the Norse call them the Æsir. In all accounts they are described as tall Caucasians with pail white skin, red/brown hair and green/blue eyes. In New Zealand the modern Maoris probably want to cover up this because they don’t want to say that when they arrived there the island had already been occupied for thousands of years by whites. Genetically the Celts are the closest to these peoples which is why if you extracted dna from those bones and did dna mapping it would show a match with Ireland. Same if you did this with those tall mummies in china or the pharaohs of Egypt.

Other than the mythologies :
what evidence do yiou have that the descendants of Cain being Atlantis or living in Atlantis? (No Mythology states that the descendants of Cain were living in Atlantis!)
The Greeks had titans, Irish had Tuatha Dé Danann and the Indians had Asuras. Now tell me, where is the evidence linking them together? which ancient text?
on what authority do you make statements that if they did extract the DNA from the Bones in New Zealand and the Tarim Mummies in China, that they will show links with Ireland? which published research paper? which peer reviewed document?

Tough to answer?
exactly. its because you don't have answers to those questions. because there were never answers because the premises of the questions were false.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join