Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?

page: 9
67
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kezzanator
reply to post by aorAki
 


Oh and you know the little island on Lake Taupo, where no one is allowed to go? In the 70's Trevor and a friend camped on the island, where he found stone terraces and walls which he thought looked most non maori. Obviously I cannot back this up with photos, but once again, he is a very credible source and has no reason to twist the truth.


This Particular island in Lake Taupo is called Motutaiko island and the Pre-Maori people known as Ngati-Hotu used to live around the lake and perhaps even on the island. The Walls/stone terraces which Trevor had seen could have been made by the Ngati-Hotu.



Ngāti Hotu was a pre maori people that, according to tradition, lived in the central North Island of New Zealand in the area surrounding southern Lake Taupo, where the Ngāti Tūwharetoa tribe now resides.
Ngati-Hotu




Ngāti Hotu The Ngāti Hotu people were living in the Taupō district when the priest Ngātoroirangi and explorer Tia arrived. The tribe were referred to as ‘urukehu’ (fairy people) because of their unusual red hair and fair skin. Threatened with invasion by Tūwharetoa groups from Kawerau, Ngāti Hotu sought to defend their rights. The chiefs of Tūwharetoa at the time were Tūrangitukua, Waikari and Ruawehea. With the support of Tūtewero from Kawerau the chiefs overwhelmed Ngāti Hotu, and the tribe of Tūwharetoa established its mana in the Taupō region.
Encyclopedia of New Zeland

The "urukehu" with red hair and fair skin is played upon by the fringies as is they were Vikings or Celts or Irish people. They would be most probably from Polynesia.
Genetic Evidence for Melanesian origins for Polynesians




posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Other than the mythologies :
what evidence do yiou have that the descendants of Cain being Atlantis or living in Atlantis? (No Mythology states that the descendants of Cain were living in Atlantis!)
The Greeks had titans, Irish had Tuatha Dé Danann and the Indians had Asuras. Now tell me, where is the evidence linking them together? which ancient text?
on what authority do you make statements that if they did extract the DNA from the Bones in New Zealand and the Tarim Mummies in China, that they will show links with Ireland? which published research paper? which peer reviewed document?


Tough to answer?
exactly. its because you don't have answers to those questions. because there were never answers because the premises of the questions were false.


Hahaha
Let me see now, first the Chinese government wont even to this day admit that there are pyramids in their country and that they found the mummy’s and that they just happen to be tall white people. Some of these mummy’s were found dressed in "Celtic tartan".


The Egyptian government will not release the dna of the pharaohs even though they now have it. Leaked dna results from king tut support the Celtic link....you might be waiting a bit for your peer reviewed study my friend




edit on 8-2-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't think any of us would appreciate someone digging up our deceased ancestors in the name of "science", no matter how interesting those ancestors might be. Why should the Maori be any different? It's just a desecration to dig up their ancestors.

I'm not seeing any serious conspiracy here, other than a belated sensitivity to the customs and sensibilities of the Maori. If they revere their dead, who are we to dig them up?

As for the unusual sizes of these alleged bones - easy to say, when there's nothing to prove it wrong. You can say they had three heads and tentacles, or anything else you want. But, is it true? Or is it just an embellishment to a story of not allowing people to dig up other people's ancestors?


But its not "their" ancestors and thats why they dont want to report it. If it were "their" ancestors you can be sure that they would be on public display in nice glass cases



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Hahaha
Let me see now, first the Chinese government wont even to this day admit that there are pyramids in their country and that they found the mummy’s and that they just happen to be tall white people. Some of these mummy’s were found dressed in "Celtic tartan".


Sure they do you just need to read teh People's daily on occassion

Pyramid in China





A three-story pyramid dating 5000 years back has been discovered in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.

The pyramid, which looks like a trapezoidal hill from afar, is located on a hill one kilometer north of Sijiazi Town, Aohan County. The pyramid is about 30 meters long and 15 meters wide at its base.


The wiki has a good summary of Chinese pyramids (mounds)

Chinese pyramids

edit on 8/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am actually starting to get annoyed by all the celtic talk. The polynesian have redheads, the south american have redheads. Easter island is a perfect example of similar, more intricate stonework, yet there is no celtic link. If the celts already knew about New Zealand, why did Captain Cook have to rediscover it. Martin Doutre and others have been very misguided into thinking celts are the only people who could have left stonework, yet somehow no other types of evidence. Sure, the celts had beehive houses. But they also had many other aspects to their culture which aren't found here.

To me the language similarities between the Mangarevan, Rapa Nui and Maori are too much to ignore. The waitaha even trace back to one of the same ancestors as Rapa Nui, Hotu Matua, or Hot'u Matua.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Perhaps this will be useful

this is part 2 of the article from e-local magazine. It describes how Maui was the navigator and science officer for a exploration fleet that set off from egypt in approx 235-225 BC

www.elocal.co.nz...(Continued_from_last_edition).html



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69
 


Link above didn't work this one should

Oh my Barry Fell well any pretense of creditability lost in the first paragraph....just a sci-fi fantasy story from there on.....

edit on 12/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune
 


Thank you... My linking mojo is not good.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by hudsonhawk69
 

Link above didn't work this one should
Oh my Barry Fell well any pretense of creditability lost in the first paragraph....just a sci-fi fantasy story from there on.....

...like my favourite prof used to say, "As an epigrapher, Barry Fell was one heck of a marine biologist."



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Hanslune

Oh my Barry Fell well any pretense of creditability lost in the first paragraph....just a sci-fi fantasy story from there on.....

...like my favourite prof used to say, "As an epigrapher, Barry Fell was one heck of a marine biologist."


Amen brother!



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
If anyone is still following this thread, here's a major breakthrough. My friend told me about this trailer for new independent film called VOICES FROM THE FOREST:

vimeo.com...

Apparently about to come out soon...

Website: www.voicesfromtheforest.co.nz



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by galactixister
 



Ahahaha, good old Gary Cook.

Interestingly, none of my hunting buddies, nor any of the many field geologists I know have ever said anything about these 'faeries of the forest'.

Now, this in itself doesn't immediately discount the claims made by Gary Cook, but when one investigates his 'oeuvre' one can see that he is as charlatonous as Martin Doutre, Barry Fell, Noel hilliam et al.

So, what's he selling this time? Reminds me of the title of a book by Tim Shadbolt.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I agree with OP that this might seem weird. And maybe it is...

...however do understand that NZ is a culture that walks a bit of a tightrope. They are a relatively new country, compared to the US. Having only been settled...what was it in the 1800s?... the native maori were not entirely happy with handing over their land to white invaders. Who would be?

As such, the present govt takes great pains to try to be respectful of the maori. I believe only the maori have the right to fish for shellfish in NZ, for this reason....



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Did you know that tall red heads were also in contact with China, BEFORE our history can account? Well yes indeed. There is no reason why not. Ancient vessels have been proven to be able to navigate FAR beyond what we generally thought possible. They could have gone all over the planet. So if an ancient and sea faring people went to NZ, I would not be surprised, they have gone everywhere else.



THE CAUCASIANS OF CHINA
SECRETS OF THE REDHEAD MUMMIES
Copyright June 2002 by Heather Pringle, Journalist
Excerpted from The Mummy Congress


How could an ancient mummy found in remote China have red hair and caucasian features? The answer has sparked a battle over smuggled DNA, Western imperialism, and history as we know it.

Until he first encountered the mummies of Xinjiang, Victor Mair was known mainly as a brilliant, if eccentric, translator of obscure Chinese texts, a fine sinologist with a few controversial ideas about the origins of Chinese culture, and a scathing critic prone to penning stern reviews of sloppy scholarship. Mair's pronouncements on the striking resemblance between some characters inscribed on the Dead Sea Scrolls and early Chinese symbols were intensely debated by researchers.

His magnum opus on the origins of Chinese writing, a work he had been toiling away at for years in his office at the University of Pennsylvania, was eagerly anticipated. But in 1988, something profound happened to Mair, something that would touch a nerve in both the East and the West, raising troubling questions about race, racism, and the nature of history itself.



Local archaeologists had come across the body a few years earlier while excavating in the Tarim Basin, an immense barren of sand and rock in southern Xinjiang. The region was not the kind of place that generally attracted well-dressed strangers. At the height of summer, temperatures in the basin soared to a scorching 125 degrees Fahrenheit, without so much as a whisper of humidity, and in winter, they frequently plunged far below freezing. The desert at the basin's heart was one of the most parched places on Earth, and its very name, the Taklamakhan, was popularly said to mean "go in and you won't come out."



The Taklamakhan's merciless climate had one advantage, however. It tended to preserve human bodies. The archaeologists who discovered the stranger in the striped leggings marvelled at the state of his cadaver. He looked almost alive. They named him Cherchen Man, after the county in which he was found, and when they set about carbon dating his body, they discovered that he was very, very old. Indeed, the tests showed that he had probably roamed the Tarim Basin as early as the eleventh century bc. When Mair learned this, he was astonished. If the mummy was indeed European in origin, this would undermine one of the keystones of Chinese history



Mair, a professor of Chinese in the department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, had long doubted this version of history. He suspected that the Chinese had encountered Westerners from Europe long before the emperor Wudi dreamed up his military alliance. Several early Chinese books, for example, described tall men with green eyes and red hair that resembled the fur of rhesus monkeys. Most scholars dismissed these accounts as legendary, but Mair wasn't so sure.

He thought they were descriptions of Caucasian men. During his studies of Chinese mythology, he had found stories strikingly similar to those in early Greek and Roman tales. The parallels were too frequent to be mere coincidences. And he kept stumbling across words in early Chinese texts that seemed to have been borrowed from ancient languages far to the west. Among these were the words for dog, cow, goose, grape, and wheel.


there is much more to this on that site and else where. These people have been found all over the planet.

www.thebirdman.org...&Groups-General/+Doc-Race&Groups-General-WhiteAchievement/MummySuggestsChinaWasProductOfWesternL earning.htm



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
I agree with OP that this might seem weird. And maybe it is...

...however do understand that NZ is a culture that walks a bit of a tightrope. They are a relatively new country, compared to the US. Having only been settled...what was it in the 1800s?... the native maori were not entirely happy with handing over their land to white invaders. Who would be?

As such, the present govt takes great pains to try to be respectful of the maori. I believe only the maori have the right to fish for shellfish in NZ, for this reason....


Not true, on several levels.

(1) The USA is not that much older than New Zealand as a nation, the war of independence was the late 18th century, and the nation we call the USA took decades longer to coalesce
(2) The Maori fought the British well enough that a treaty was signed, this is the reason that many concessions are given to the Iwi, and so they should be given. You sign a legal document, you uphold it. Not everyone can give infected blankets to the "savages"

(3) We can all gather shellfish (it is gather not fish) upto the allotted quota.



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Did you know that tall red heads were also in contact with China, BEFORE our history can account? Well yes indeed. There is no reason why not. Ancient vessels have been proven to be able to navigate FAR beyond what we generally thought possible. They could have gone all over the planet. So if an ancient and sea faring people went to NZ, I would not be surprised, they have gone everywhere else.


Ok these "ancient red heads" in "Celtic Tartan" were the Tocharians (en.wikipedia.org...) not Celts. The Language they spoke (en.wikipedia.org...\) was Indo-European, just like English, and yes the various Celtic languages.

The chance that these "ancient red heads" made it to NZ is unlikely, given that the Polynesians (the best ancient sailors humanity had to offer) settled New Zealand last in their expansions. I've read and own the dreaded "Ancient Celtic New Zealand" book and it is terrible. It delves into the time honored cop out of measuring angles of stones that might have been a structure to prove a link to the pyramids and Stonehenge and other sites. It's crap, the whole theory. DNA studies show that in both the Y-Chromosomes and mitochondrial DNA, no "ancient celts" were here, modern ones? Sure I carry such evidence, as a descendant of Scots and Irish settlers./



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Pathetic... Every governement around the world is controlling some type of information to keep the general public in the dark regarding history of man-kind.... It's our F-ing history not YOURS!!!!

How can they possibly protect 105 different locations?

I wish I had the money to just go to that area and search until I found a new site and then go in and take tons of pictures. I am starting to think some of the "FAKE" photos of giant bones are just more disinformation and some of them must be real.

Tell the truth already... Giants roamed the earth at some point in our history.

12/21/2012 hurry up and get here so we can either get the truth or people can use the date as the last day they are going to sit around and be spoon fed crap from the controllers and rise up for the truth and betterment of man-kind.
edit on 4-9-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
Tell the truth already... Giants roamed the earth at some point in our history.

12/21/2012 hurry up and get here so we can either get the truth or people can use the date as the last day they are going to sit around and be spoon fed crap from the controllers and rise up for the truth and betterment of man-kind.
Plenty of knowledge out there...lots of crap, too. I like your suggestion of getting out there and discovering the truth for yourself, because you really are getting all het up over poop being fed you on the net. How about you post on December 12, and let us know how it's going, eh?



posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't think any of us would appreciate someone digging up our deceased ancestors in the name of "science", no matter how interesting those ancestors might be. Why should the Maori be any different? It's just a desecration to dig up their ancestors.

I'm not seeing any serious conspiracy here, other than a belated sensitivity to the customs and sensibilities of the Maori. If they revere their dead, who are we to dig them up?

As for the unusual sizes of these alleged bones - easy to say, when there's nothing to prove it wrong. You can say they had three heads and tentacles, or anything else you want. But, is it true? Or is it just an embellishment to a story of not allowing people to dig up other people's ancestors?


Did you actually read the entire thing? I only ask because I want to know if it is your reading comprehension skills that are lacking, or whether you were just too lazy to read everything? Anyway, these bones do not belong to the Maori. They don't claim them apparently. They have said, for many of the strange finds, that these were "strangers," and they had no problems with the government having their way with them...Or, since that didn't sound so great, doing with them whatever they wanted.

It is very clear that these embargoes and the secrecy surrounding many different sites are not right for multiple reasons. The main reason something of this nature would be done is to prevent people from going and messing around the dig-sites, or desecrating ancient graves. But, why would these sites be different from any others? They don't do this for all sites. And the biggest argument against them is that they do not release any findings. You can easily keep the location secret, but still release the results of what was found. But no, that is secret as well. That is why this doesn't add up.



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kezzanator
I am actually starting to get annoyed by all the celtic talk. The polynesian have redheads, the south american have redheads. Easter island is a perfect example of similar, more intricate stonework, yet there is no celtic link. If the celts already knew about New Zealand, why did Captain Cook have to rediscover it. Martin Doutre and others have been very misguided into thinking celts are the only people who could have left stonework, yet somehow no other types of evidence. Sure, the celts had beehive houses. But they also had many other aspects to their culture which aren't found here.

To me the language similarities between the Mangarevan, Rapa Nui and Maori are too much to ignore. The waitaha even trace back to one of the same ancestors as Rapa Nui, Hotu Matua, or Hot'u Matua.


I thought it was the 'Picts' who were based in north scotland and not the Celts which were meant to have made it to New Zealand. They were meant to have inspired the Maori due to also having tattoo's all over their body.
They were also tall and ginger.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Loopdaloop because: punctuation





new topics
top topics
 
67
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join