It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Woman Arrested Taking Pics of National Guard Base – NY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
In this new tyranny the government may film us anywhere without our permission, but if we take pictures of the government we will be arrested. This is ridiculous to the extreme. We should not stand for this kind of persecution against anyone.

Maybe she was upset about THIS

There are no internment camps,Right ?

www.nationalguard.com...

Thread on it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
No, there aren't internment camps.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by SuperViking]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenic

You're reply makes sense without being condesending, i appreciate that. You make some valid points. Especially about how the tresspassing came into play if she was in fact on the airport property.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Maybe she was upset about THIS

If she had something to protest or be upset over, she should've taken it to a designated Free Speech Zone.

This sort of Constitutionally Protected behavior is utterly unacceptable in a Post 9/11 environment.

Gees Zorgon, 3000 Americans died that day.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
because around the base and including the roads around it is most likely part of that town and property of that base. the lady was warned already, and most likely either just took pics of a few hangers or vertical stabs and walls, but she was warned, and now violated that. that would be my guess. i would charge her for that.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

oh WOW. this is dumb, this is the same thing as a c.o. in a prison. these are for people who go to military prison such as ft. levinworth. There ARE people who commit crimes while in the military. Just last week someone in my unit got charged for kidnapping, robbery, drug use, and sexual assault. it's a sad reality for personnel are people too, granted they're not civilian and held to a higher standard. he most likely after gets out of civilian prison will end up in levinworth afterwards, because he violated the UCMJ as well. You know what UCMJ is right? that is the military laws that military are REQUIRED to follow, even if they aren't laws that don't exist in civilian world. so we could end up in prison for violating something you would have no idea about. i'm a f-16 crew chief. in charge of overall maintenance of the jet and daily upkeep etc. let's say i do something in a inspection that i skip, and then failure to recognize and fix a problem that's specifically mentioned in the inspection cards which we are required to follow because they are ORDERS from the chief of staff of the air force. Let's say that jet crashes and the pilot fails to egress, and dies. not only and i going to get charged with manslaughter i will be charged with destruction of military property, and will dereliction of a lawful order. i'll be in prison for a WHILE. I don't go to civilian prison however, i'll be in levinworth. serving my time in the military in prison which could be up to LIFE. this is how high of a standard we're held to. we have TWO sets of laws to follow, the local area's and our own. Those are the "internment camps" you conspiracy followers are talking about. they will serve in military prisons as correctional officers serve in civilian prisons. Duh... I suggest you people read up on the actually job, and the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.

P.s. this is not the only reason i try to be good at my job, but because the lifes of our pilots depend on us, 18 to 25 year olds. I love my job, and want to keep my jet and pilot safe. My name is on that jet, and I will try to keep it the best in the fleet because of that.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is strange.

I could be wrong, but there are three possibilities of why this woman could be doing this.

1. Maybe she is really a terrorist, but why take pictures of a National Guard and having those weapons in her car? That doesn't make sense.

2. Maybe this woman is nuts, which in itself real terrorists are nuts, and she has some mental problems. But then the police should have noticed this if they pulled out her records.

3. This is a DHS black op, as they try to restrict, or ban certain weapons.

There could be other reasons but to me it is a bit strange.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe she had those guns because there is a gun range right there on the airport grounds where people go all the time with far more ammunition and weaponry than that.

Maybe she wanted to see how far a police state government can overreact and generate stories for propaganda, furthering the cause for disarmament and the instillation of misguided fear in the general public of terrorism.

Who knows, but they certainly are making a big deal out of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaansThose are the "internment camps" you conspiracy followers are talking about. they will serve in military prisons as correctional officers serve in civilian prisons. Duh... I suggest you people read up on the actually job, and the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.

Yes I agree on that but do you not find it scary that there are so many 'inside' violating laws that such camps are needed enough to warrant a special hiring call for 'correctional' officers so as, like they say in the video, they can be reintegrated into society?

And don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I read just fine, but this IS a conspiracy site after all.

I see the ugly head of McCarthyism rearing its head. Only this time its not communists hiding under ever bed... but 'terrorists'

Don't tell me it can't happen again... lets just hope that this time sanity prevails

Thanks for your service keep em flying... we may need them in Iran soon enough...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I live on Long Island.

In NY it is illegal to photograph bridges, airports, tunnels, government buildings, and many other places of interest. Stupid but true.

When I use the Mid-Town Tunnel to go in or out of Manhattan, there are signs on the sides of the roadways that say that photography or video taping is illegal. Same on all bridges.

There is also a heavy police presence at every bridge or tunnel in/out of Manhattan. Heck there are at least 5 cops per block all around in Manhattan just hanging around, waiting to write tickets, or arrest people.

What is truely amazing is that NYC is a tourist attriction in itself, and for tourist to not be able to take pictures around our areas is not only silly, it is next to impossible to enforce. What if there is a tourist here that can't read english and they photograph the Statue of Liberty? Will they get arrested?

And if the photographer is a terrorist, what is he going to do with a picture, that he couldn't do with a rough sketch that he might have drawn.

I am not sure about transporting guns in your car around NY, I believe it is illegal unless the guns are locked up in the trunk with the clips and bullets removed from the guns.

Private cars are searchable based upon suspicion. And the Police can create their own suspiciions out of thin air - real or imagined.

What was this woman trying to achieve at the airport?

-EyesII

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The other day I say a guy in some sort of paramilitary outfit on the street next to my house. He had a camera with a telephoto lens and was pointing it at the roof on the side of my house. I immediately thought "You are not spying on me dude!". So I ran out and got in his face. Then I noticed the uniform he was wearing was from the Nature Conservancy. He told me he had been tracking a rare hawk and it had landed on my roof. I turned to see if he was lying to me and I could not see any hawk, but he told me it had flown away when I stormed out and got in his face.

At least that is the story he was telling........you never know.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yeah that would be a real star moment for us in the Pro-Second Ammendment crowd. When a house wife busts out her XM15, and shotgun and has a shoot out with military police for trying to arrest her while she was comitting a crime.

Yup, that's what I want on the news.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

That's just not true. If there is a sign that says that, it's wrong and illegal. 1st amendment protects the right to photograph and this has been tested in courts.
NY especially has been in news regarding this issue and they have released new guide lines for officers regarding photography.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is BS.

She didn't do aynthing wrong at all.
Ok she had guns in the car, but they were all registered and she did not intend to use them.

Where are we going these days, its like a Brave New World or 1984, its getting really scary. And the worst is that the "worst is not over" I am sure some more liberties will be taken from us soon.

Damn the 21st century !!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

My friend, the signs are there and so are the cops.

They are stationed either in a police crusier or standing at the toll-boths (tunnel) right next to the signs and entrances to the bridges and tunnels. I have personally seen them myself.

I do not wish to find out what might happen if I were to begin photographing the bridges or tunnels. I don't need any problems in my life.

I realize that we should be protected in photographing what is deemed to be public areas (not so for private areas, like your house), but the Police have their own versions of what they deeem to be right or wrong (illegal) in our neck of the concrete.

We are subject to spontaneous stops and bag searchs (inspections) at subways and the like. The Police are everywhere and all over everything here. They harrass you first, and then talk later or not at all.

I don't like it one bit, but there isn't much that we can do about it.

They are the bullies in town.

-EyesII

Edit to add NYC Photography guidelines:

www.nycgovparks.org...

carlosmiller.com...

(I hope those work correctly.)

[edit on 2-8-2009 by EyesII]

[edit on 2-8-2009 by EyesII]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes they are there but that doesn't make photography illegal. Plenty of photographers have been harassed by them for taking pictures of bridges etc. and they're always 'thrown the 911 card' and 'patriot act' etc. Very rarely does it escalate into an arrest and when it does the charges are always dropped. Usually an 'apology' is issued later.
In NY this is especially true and so far noone has been charged for photography

[Edit] That link is guidelines for pro/commercial projects.

[Edit2] He re is the revised guidelines for NYPD.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Thanks for clarifying that a bit.

I'll keep my camera in my pocket until it is clear to me that the cops will not bust my chops about taking a silly photograph.

Also, Amtrack is changing thier policies on photos of trains, so you are correct that this issue is being addressed, and the courts are upholding our rights.

-EyesII

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You might end up keeping the camera in your pocket forever. It seems like a trend and photographers are very easy targets

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I don't know where you folks have been but taking pictures of any military complex without specific clearance is against the law. NG bases are considered military property. There are signs on every military base at every gate and every 100 ft on any fences surrounding them that it is illegal to photograph, take notes or drawings of the installations! You can't even photograph companies or bring cameras onto the property of companies that have military contracts without specific permission. It's been that way since WW1!!

ZIndo

[edit on 8/1/2009 by ZindoDoone]

Not exactly true our base had a park built next to the fence so video's and photographs could be taken by civilians. Specifically jets landing and taking off. We ran non-classified aircraft in that area so it was no big deal when we did have classified aircraft come in they would come in well after midnight to avoid possible pics/video's.

The lady was arrested by the sheriff the lady was recognized by an off duty police man whom called the sheriff. The NGB didn't do anything but make a comment about investigating the situation sense the sheriff found tons of ammo on her.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look at the title of this article..

"Glenn Beck Fan, Highly Armed, Busted For Casing National Guard Base, Thinking It Was A "FEMA Camp"

www.dailykos.com...

Now which side is to be believed? Seems she might of been a little cuckoo for coco puffs...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join