It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Woman Arrested Taking Pics of National Guard Base – NY

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

lmao we won't need them in iran ever, our military is stretched too thin, with too little money, and now the fighter gap. my base is really feeling the fighter gap. i know this is a anti-obama site (i wish i could've been here for bush[meaning on ATS for all the Bush conspiracies, lol]), but obama is not an idiot.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

you know on military bases, it's completely different right? you still got the constitution, but you also have the rules of the base to follow.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
she's definetely cookoo for cocoa puffs.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think the poor woman was 'pushed' to go there by the rhetoric she swallowed and since the power behind the green curtain as looking for patsy, they got her.

I have no doubt over the next few days/weeks/months we will be seeing more and more of this type of incident.

Sadly.
M.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

As far I can tell she was on public ground, correct me if I'm wrong. Private property owners and such as bases can deny the right to photograph, but not when you're on public land.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Almost all military bases are well posted with warnings that photography is not allowed, I would assume this one is too.
It's called military security folks. It should be obvious why.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Does that override the constitution and expand to public land? As far I can tell bases are build on private lands so that you can't see any sensitive stuff from public land.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Huh? Where does The Constitution adress the right to photograhy?
The Constitution does not garantee freedom to do anything you choose.
We have laws. a law is where the Government has a compelling interest to prohibit certain things for the public good. Trespassing, photographing and sketching military bases is illegal. You really think thats tyrannical?
How is this womans arrest a First Amendment issue?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Photography is protected by the 1st. That has been tested in courts also.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Baloney. The First Amendment does not garantee your right to photograph me by peeking through my window. It doesn't garantee a right to photograph my works of art and profit from your pics. ETC.
Yes, the First Amendment covers photography as expression, but I didn't ask you that. I asked how this womans arrest is a First Amendment issue, be specific!
I really get the feeling that few here have ever read The Constitution at all, and certainly not read any Constitutional law.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No, it doesn't allow invasion of privacy, I fail to see how this is even relevant? And how does copyright issues relate in this matter at all?
It is an 1st amendemnt issue if she was on public land taking pictures.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

I think that common sense would tell you that if you wanted to take pictures of a military base there might be some protocal that you have to go through to get them. And if you go to take pictures of a military base, for pete's sake, LEAVE YOUR ARSENAL AT HOME!!!!!!!-DDDUUUUUHHHH!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You can see into Area 51 from surrounding mountains can't you???? Well there you go!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not from the surrounding ones. Those are private property. There is one taller one far away where you can see the base and there are publicly available photos taken from there of the base. You need one helluva tele lens though.

[Edit] Tikaboo

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
First of all the report states that she was taking pictures while on airport property. So she is NOT on public land. That land that she was on belongs to the government. She was arrested for trespassing. Now one would think that after the 911 attacks, that if your taking pictures of an airbase, while trespassing on their land, your just asking for trouble. She's stupid if you ask me!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yhea, but if my memory serves me correctly they used to be public. And the reason they now belong to the government is because people kept coming up to the peaks to spy into the complex with highspeed camera's and such.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Actually I can't see the part in the articles that says she was on base property. Could you point that out?

[Edit] Yes there was 2 public peaks closer to the base which were closed.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Gee, it seems that no photography signs are posted on the perimiter fence of bases so they can be read by those OFF the base. Like a public road. The law states no photography, it doesn't state it's OK from private property.
As for Area 51, it's been photograhed from public land, I suppose it could be prosecuted, but that would be up to the military. As an aside, DOD pics of Area 51 seem to show much more than the ones taken miles away by UFO hunters!
As all laws, it's up to the police ( or military police), and the DA or the military equivilent to prosecute or not. Her behaviour arouse suspicion obviously, her actions are what got her arrested.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"This wasn’t the first time Ms. Genovese observed taking pictures of the base, according to the sheriff’s department. When Deputy Sheriff Robert Carlock arrived at the scene Thursday night, he was told by members of the Air National Guard that she had been warned for several weeks to stay off of the airport property."-News Article.

And with several prior warnings!!!!......WTF.....They must be doing back engineering (UFO's) there or something really important for her to keep trespassing like that.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"Suffolk County Undersheriff Joseph Caracappa said Nancy Genovese, 53, of Quogue, was arrested for trespassing outside the Gabreski Airport ANG facility Thursday night. The department of Homeland Security and the FBI are also investigating."-News Article.

Airport/Airbase property usually extends well outside the perimeter fences. I believe this is so in case of crash landings/takeoff's and so forth, and of course for security reasons.
up:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join