It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Woman Arrested Taking Pics of National Guard Base – NY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Armed Woman Arrested Taking Pics of National Guard Base – NY

tacopssecurity.com

Authorities say a Long Island woman armed to the teeth with an assault rifle and shotgun was arrested for scouting out and taking pictures of an Air National Guard base in the Hamptons.

Caracappa said Genovese was caught taking photographs of the perimeter of the base. A search of her car uncovered an arsenal an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This story is a complete "hack-job" on this woman, who was doing nothing more than taking pictures of an army base. It wasn't detected that she even had any weapons until after they stopped her and then chose to search her car.

When asked what she was doing, she replied, "Nothing."

"They are registered weapons, but they're scary weapons," said Caracappa. "It's very odd."
www.nypost.com...

In fariness to the military police, she apparently has done this before and was told to stay away from the base in the future. Clearly, she didn't get the full picture of what the military officials meant by that.

This wasn’t the first time Ms. Genovese observed taking pictures of the base, according to the sheriff’s department. When Deputy Sheriff Robert Carlock arrived at the scene Thursday night, he was told by members of the Air National Guard that she had been warned for several weeks to stay off of the airport property. She had reportedly been seen several times taking pictures along the perimeter of the base. An off-duty Southampton Town Police officer recognized Ms. Genovese when she returned to the base Thursday night.
tacopssecurity.com...

tacopssecurity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In this new tyranny the government may film us anywhere without our permission, but if we take pictures of the government we will be arrested. This is ridiculous to the extreme. We should not stand for this kind of persecution against anyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
In this new tyranny the government may film us anywhere without our permission, but if we take pictures of the government we will be arrested. This is ridiculous to the extreme. We should not stand for this kind of persecution against anyone.

I believe I've read somewhere, that it is illegal to film/record the UK police.

Does anybody know if that is correct?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Uhhh, I only have 488 rounds.

Not counting the ones in the clip. . . .

Does that mean I'm ok?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

ok...let me stand across the street from your house and take pictures for several weeks...filming your comings and goings, all the while having an assault rifle and a shotgun with 500 rounds of ammo in my trunk. of course you would tell the police that i have every right since i'm not on your property, and because of my rights, you don't mind it at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's a little amusing how two weapons constitutes an 'arsenal'...'armed to the TEETH?' please.

Just TWO calibers? Nah, that's more like can plinkin' where I come from. If she could fit it in her car, it wasn't an arsenal.

Why would the dumb butt be ON the airport's property? Should have spent a little less money 0on her arsenal, and more on a better zoom lens for the camera.

Gotta love a woman with guns.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Uhhh, I only have 488 rounds.

Not counting the ones in the clip. . . .

Does that mean I'm ok?

depends on how many are 'in the clip'
and whether or not you are taking pictures.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And if a guy does the same its just an average non-newsworthy story

Double standards

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok...let me stand across the street from your house and take pictures for several weeks...filming your comings and goings, all the while having an assault rifle and a shotgun with 500 rounds of ammo in my trunk. of course you would tell the police that i have every right since i'm not on your property, and because of my rights, you don't mind it at all.

Feel free to do that, I probably won't notice you for a few weeks, and when I do I'll continue to ignore your ridiculous pointless antics unless you threaten me in some way.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

So you like them dumb then?

Common what was she trying to achieve apart from a little attention?? Dumb cow, 500 rounds and 2 weapons? Hell she is lucky a 19 year old guard didn't pop her where she stood... And then giving the gene pool a much needed kick up the arse.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

also

we arent talking about private citizens we are talking about a place that is paid for with tax payer money

we have every right to photograph and monitor them

just like they do to us

hopefully she gets a good lawyer

and if she wasnt doing anything wrong and had nothing on her person other then a camera

the lawyer should be able to get the car search thrown out as illegal search and seizure especially if they are legal and registered

maybe if more people watched the law enforcement and military with weapons they would be less apt to be corrupt

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Suffolk County Undersheriff Joseph Caracappa said Nancy Genovese, 53, of Quogue, was arrested for trespassing outside the Gabreski Airport ANG facility Thursday night.

First i'd really like to know how she was tresspassing if she was outside of the airport, don't you have to be on private property in order to be tresspassing ?

A search of her car uncovered an arsenal an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition.

tacopssecurity.com...

I hardly think this constitutes her as having an arsenal.

Arsenal.....

1 a: an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment b: a collection of weapons

www.merriam-webster.com...

1. A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel. 2. A stock of weapons. 3. A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts

www.thefreedictionary.com...

An arsenal is an establishment for the construction, repair, storage and issue of weapons and ammunition

en.wikipedia.org...

And it seems that now, since her weapons were soooo scary to the LEO's involved, they are going to make sure that she is no longer able to legally have her weapons......

She was arraigned yesterday afternoon at Southampton Town Justice Court, where a judge set bail at $50,000, and then ordered Genovese held for a psychiatric examination after she went berserk in the courtroom.

"She was hysterical -- screaming and flailing around," said Caracappa.

Since i've already seen what they consider an arsenal, i don't put too much stock in their statement that she "went berserk" in the courtroom. Seems more likely to me that they are simply trying to railroad her with a mental illness diganosis in order to take away her 2nd amendment rights. I'd be interested to know what they said that made her go "beserk".

Maybe this really has something to do with the fact that she got on the bad side of one of her local LEO's because she knew her consttutional rights and stood her ground refusing to allow the officer to search her house without a warrant. If this is the same woman she has an account of her encounter with the irate officer that shouted at her that "There is no more Constitution " on a myspace blog.

I didn't do anything illegal. The officer insisted I open the outside door and let him go into the storage room and my house, which is on a different floor. I just kept saying "no, sir, you have no warrant. I know my rights."

This went on for hours. I gave the same answers for hours. I insisted the officer needed a warrant; he had no right to enter my house, or my storage area.

The police officer wanted to intimidate me and my teenagers.

I know my constitutional rights!!" Well" this is when the police officer lost it completely and screamed in my face, " "There is no more Constitution." Can you imagine this? How could these words roll off his tongue so easily, in a fit of rage? Is he being trained for the day he can say these words and mean them?

Scroll down to below the article in this link to read her entire post on the blog, about 1/3 of the way down the page.....

www.dailypaul.com...

If this is the same woman i do believe there is a little more going on here than meets the eye. Maybe she became unglued in the courtroom because she knows they are targeting her under the new DHS guidelines.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
WOW. That could have been me or any number of my female friends on the way home or to Shooters of America.

When not going to shoot I always have at least two hand guns in my truck.
I carry one in my purse and one in the glove compartment.

And for sure I have a few boxes of rounds for each weapon with me.

I am not a terrorist. I love my country. But I'm like a modern Annie Oakley and possibly a tad bit radical.

I'm a peace loving American but can get down and dirty to protect myself and others.

Also I would use a hidden camera to take pictures of the base.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by KSPigpen

So you like them dumb then?

Common what was she trying to achieve apart from a little attention?? Dumb cow, 500 rounds and 2 weapons? Hell she is lucky a 19 year old guard didn't pop her where she stood... And then giving the gene pool a much needed kick up the arse.

Yeah, why last week I saw a guard "pop" unarmed ppl standing
off base property taking pictures of the planes landing.

The guard felt he could sense weapons in the vehicle so blowing
them away was just fine.

Speaking of cows, hows your mom ?

The gene pool does need some help, could you step up ??

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Poor woman. She probably fears the base might be used as a internment camp in a Marshall Law scenario and is just trying to find photographic evidence to substantiate her fears.

Many people are afraid and some would argue they have good reason and they might not be wrong in those arguments.

There really is no Constitutional Law anymore. The government and the courts have it practically down to a science to get people to contract their constitutional rights away.

You have to be very tough and steadfast and have deep enough pockets and be flexible enough with your time to bear some major costs and inconvenience in standing up for your constitutional rights.

They will paint you crazy in the process and more often than not you will loose.

Personally I think we all have a great case for a heck of a false advertizing and breach of contract suit and could beat them at their own game in their own courts that way, but once again you have to have deep pockets and time...and not mind being called crazy!

Thankfully I am crazy and the compliment is music to my ears.

Poor woman.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well, it wouldn't be advisable to do this at my house since I'd have you out gunned and out numbered. (Keep in mind it's a military base. A SEMI-AUTO rifle, isnt going to get you very far if you want to shoot the place up.)

But, it is her rights. It's odd, but within her rights.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Caracappa said Genovese was caught taking photographs of the perimeter of the base. A search of her car uncovered an arsenal an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition.

National Guard bases are paid for with tax dollars as stated. Just because she had been asked previously to stay away, means literally nothing as the National Guard officially wields no power except that given to them by the Governor of the state. She was outside the premises of the airport, so how is that trespassing? I believe it is legal in New York state to be in possession of firearms, as long as they are locked in your car trunk, as was the case. With a decent lawyer this woman should not only get the charges dismissed, but should sue for being unlawfully detained.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't know where you folks have been but taking pictures of any military complex without specific clearance is against the law. NG bases are considered military property. There are signs on every military base at every gate and every 100 ft on any fences surrounding them that it is illegal to photograph, take notes or drawings of the installations! You can't even photograph companies or bring cameras onto the property of companies that have military contracts without specific permission. It's been that way since WW1!!

ZIndo

[edit on 8/1/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
she's an idiot to have brought an arsenal of weapons TO an army base not expecting that possibility of being caught with them to happen.

yeah i'm sure it's every day a mexican drug smuggler pulls up to an FBI or DHS headquarters with a trunk full of coke and starts acting suspicious taking photos of their building.... thinking "hey what are the chances that i get caught in this situation? zilch!"

the logic in the mind of the woman just is not a probable one to have existed...

definate mock-story.
i bet she was paid to act her part... or trained to obey since birth mk ultra style.

interesting and amusing to watch unfold step by step though.

-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join