It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sikh soldiers guard Queen Elizabeth II

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is Persian Darius...you'll notice that the map seems to end at the northern Edge of the Sub continent...but I think this is probably because many rulers didn't venture in the India out of respect for their mother or something.

Darius Map

Again...The whole region as One place and this is about 1800 years before Tamerlane. Unfortunately...the information will get more abstract the farther back you go and the maps aren't reliable. Even Herodotus notice a peculiar relationship between the Egyptians and the Indians.

I assure you that our modern maps and ideas concerning states skews reality. I am just as certain that Sikhs hold down the British throne is unusual to say the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

Originally posted by IDK88

As I pull back the darkness which protects the British Monarchy (ha ha ha) it seems that what begins to emerge is the true nature of your "Queen".

Is it possible that she is not at all British, but instead an Indian Witch that has throughly pull the wool over the eyes of everyone in the UK.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ive always been under the notion it was a german ancestory tree they had behind them ,

I heard that too. This is good actually as the British people are accustomed to being Ruled by many different people. They'll be ruled from India in the near future.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
seems like a good idea for the monarchy, i mean British soldiers would think twice before firing onto other Brits, while Indian nationals would probably just follow orders and fire.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Good! I think finally some racial diversity in one of the most highest seats of power is good for us all. It will show how racism is totally made up and wrong. God save the Queen!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Does anyone except me remember that Indira Ghandi was betrayed and assinated by her Sikh body guards?It was religeously motivated but i cant recall.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

But this is a triumph of multi-culturalism...the queen is not in danger from these two Sikh bodyguards. Besides the British have never done anything for them to want to get revenge; they are friends to all.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Does anyone except me remember that Indira Ghandi was betrayed and assinated by her Sikh body guards?It was religeously motivated but i cant recall.

They killed Indira with machine guns because she sent the troops into the Golden Temple and desecrated the temple.

The guards went on vacation went back to Punjab saw what she had done, were baptistized into Sikhdom when back and killed her ass.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The Sikh fought the Britist Three times, beat them each time, in one battle 600 Sikhs defeated 10,000 Britist soldiers.

I know how they beat them.
The Britist finally said will you the Sikhs, come and be on our side we want to be friends.

The Sikhs don't fool around one of The high Britist General found this out when he was murdered, back in England.

The Sikhs are very good people and would never say anything bad about another religion.

If you are Sikh enemie, after they half way kill you, they will give you a very nice meal.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Sikh religion was in the beging, a combination of Vaishnavism and Muslim theism, later the Hindu and Muslim ideals were combined.

In a dispute over who should be next leader, the Muslims killed the sons of the tenth Guru,there was no one left to takes his place, so before his assassination he proclaimed the line of Gurus would stop with him, and declaired the Adi Granth (Granth Sahib) Bible, would be the Guru, there for the Book the Eleventh Guru.

You don't have to read the whole book, but if you read and understand first page, the anwser is Love.

Singh (Lion Heart)

Eck Ong Kar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru
One Creator Creation Truth Name Great Way Wisdom

[edit on 1-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The Sikhs are from India. Sikhs are trained to fight, and (traditionally) carry a sword with them. They also don't cut their hair, but wrap it up into a turban. This, surprisingly, offers some serious protection to the head when fighting.

As for them guarding Queen Elizabeth - why not? The Sikhs fought alongside the English during World War II. There is a time-honored tradition of them fighting with the British, once they stopped fighting against them.

I can't see what the fuss is.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I was unaware that the British Government still operated a Sikh Regiment...

I was under the impression that all ended when, say, Britain was no longer a colonial power of India??

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
These two guys are wearing Royal army air corps and Royal signals uniforms of HM army of which they would have signed the there Oath of allegiance to HM the queen...
There headdress should not be an issue as many local Regiments display there's.. Royal Scot's wear the tam"O"shanter.. Royal Irish wear the Ca been bonnet ..
Queens guard wear the bearskin.. and most corps men wear the T@@T hat
a lovely description of a peaked hat..please correct if i have got Queens regs on ceremonial dress incorrect and regimental headdress wrong..

[edit on 2-8-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There is no Sikh regiment in The British Army but Sikh's are well integrated into British society and as such it is not uncommon for them to sign up into our Armed Forces.

news.yahoo.com...

However, I must say that even though Sikh's are well respected this does smell of a PR job, which is regrettable.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well India was a major country in the british empire, so it looks as if they still want to protect the Queen.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Remember Ishtar? Like Ishtar, Elizabeth has failed and those two Sikhs have arrived to take her back to see Ereshkigal.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's a symbolic move. Since India gained their independence, having Indian guards is a little jab at India. She is one evil woman.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Am I correct that the Gurkhas are the only non British troops in the British Army that have their own units? I mean I know there are Irish, Australians, Canadians, New Zealanders (anyone from any Commonwealth country can join the British Army, Royal Navy/Royal Marines, or the Royal Air Force) but they serve in integrated units right?

And how does the the Bermuda Regiment, Gibraltar Regiment, Cayman Islands Volunteer Rifle Corps, Falkland Islands Defense Force, etc fit into the picture? Are they part of the Territorial Army or the regular British Army?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I don't know to be honest, as you say, I think anyone from the Commonwealth can join the British Armed Forces but they have to be in integrated units, only The Gurkha's have their own Regiment.

I had some squaddies in my pub a few weeks ago, they were having there first free weekend before passing out of training.
Some of these guys were from various Carribean Islands.
They were joining The Scottish Guards.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by AgentX09

But this is a triumph of multi-culturalism...the queen is not in danger from these two Sikh bodyguards. Besides the British have never done anything for them to want to get revenge; they are friends to all.

Oh i agree.I meant no offense to the royal officers.As i implied there was some kind of internal Indian religeous conflict taking place at the time that here guards were involved in.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Well India was a major country in the british empire, so it looks as if they still want to protect the Queen.

Exactly. And this symbolism is about the recent Mumbai attack and the future war between India and Pakistan. The Queen bet her jewels on the winner.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join