It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sikh soldiers guard Queen Elizabeth II

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Flagged this thread because of all of the information about the Sikhs. I was personally a person who while I deeply respected Sikhs, I thought that the religion was a cross between Hindu and Islam as well.

>_>

But there's nothing wrong with learning new things! Even if it doesn't directly apply to me, seeing as I'm in the U.S.A.

Anyway, regarding the thread topic.. I don't think the Queen is going anywhere, anytime soon. "Oh NOES they're guarding teh QUEEN" --

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's really irrelevant who stands at the gate. The actual protection comes from the London Metropolitan Police Royalty Protection Branch.

I have been told they don't even have ammo in their rifles and that the magazines are empty.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hereno

I appreciate your comments my friend. I'm happy knowing that everything I typed out this morning was appreciated by somebody!

Take care

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thankyou Life3 for your informative posts about Sikh history.

I am familiar with some aspects of Sikh tradition, such as the 5 K's as I am a Nurse and have to be aware of various religions and their differences.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by shuck

hahaha ya they better!
no man dares to mess with a Punjabi wife

She will kick your arseeee

usually with a frying pan

Or in my personal experience of Sikh friends, a slipper round the back of the head from 50 feet!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by Laurauk

You've got Sikhs watching over your Queen.

I am proud to say this is true.

I come from Birmingham, England, which has one of the highest populations of Indians in the UK. Many of my best and most trusted friends are Indian, many of whome are Sikh.

Are you trying to say that there is something wrong with Sikhs guarding the Queen? If so, please try not to be so bigotted. If not, please phrase your statements more carefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join