It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sikh soldiers guard Queen Elizabeth II

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sikh soldiers guard Queen Elizabeth II

news.yahoo.com

LONDON – Queen Elizabeth II has switched bearskin hats for turbans outside Buckingham Palace, where Sikh soldiers have begun guarding the monarch and her treasures, Britain's defense ministry said Friday.

Signaler Simranjit Singh and Lance Cpl. Sarvjit Singh are the first Sikhs to take part in patrols outside the queen's residence and to stand watch over the Crown jewels at the Tower of London across town.

Guard duties are usually carried out by the Guards of Household Division, famed for their bearskin hats and crimson coats that attract picture-taking tourists in their thousands. T
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As I pull back the darkness which protects the British Monarchy (ha ha ha) it seems that what begins to emerge is the true nature of your "Queen".

Is it possible that she is not at all British, but instead an Indian Witch that has throughly pull the wool over the eyes of everyone in the UK.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Cool

Not sure if I agree with your interpretation of what this means, but I think it's neat she's integrating Arabs into the monarchy.

Edit: LOL, pardon my ignorance. I did not know Sikhs were Indians

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wow. this is kind of strange. doesn't someone out of the ordinary now guard the pope and the vatican now too? i seem to remember a story about that. and hasn't tony blair been spending a lot of time at the vatican? sorry all this weirdness is getting jumbled up in my head.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow, a pretty crazy interpretation of a change of guardsmen!

Not that I particularly approve of the current royal family but it's probably a pretty good idea to have someone from a traditionally noble warrior culture as guards. What would you rather have, a morally upright individual or (as the europeans say) a perfidious Englishman standing watch while you slumber?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

They're not Arabs, they are Sikhs...a little sensitivity please.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Cool

Not sure if I agree with your interpretation of what this means, but I think it's neat she's integrating Arabs into the monarchy.

Arabs?

The Sikh are not Arabs!

They are from India!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Who are from the Indian subcontinent and followres of Sikhism.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sikhs are a religious group...

To tell the truth..I reckon it should have been the Gurkhas..but that a bias because did some training with them ,,,but the Sikhs have fought alongside the brits for a long time..

I think chritianity has the same enemy as the Sikhs..there is a history..

As Pagan I don't give a toss..just an observation!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And as far as I am aware they came from India..so I reckon they can't be Arabs!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
they're still british army, right? but them wearing a different uniform is kinda strange is what i meant. if they're in that army why wouldn't they just wear the same uniforms as the other dudes? why make such a change?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Some of you don't see things as I...that's cool. Some things happen so gradually that when you cross the point of no return, you don't even know that you've crossed and have no idea of what you would go back to if you knew to go back.

I suppose then if the British are cool with being a Province of a Great Sikh Empire then who am I to complain. I am American...and am not a particular fan of British policies over the last 30 or so years. Good luck with that.

I suppose Hindi will have to become the language spoken within the Church of England and on the floor of Parliament before anyone asks questions.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Sikhs in UK have always integrated ..reckon a lot of them beieve more in the UK and what it stands for than a lot of Brits do!!

I think it goes back to the days of colonialism and the Raj..

Anyway I don't have a problem with it..and I am an ex soldier!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Oh come on! Is it just me or is this a particularly bizarre train of thought. I haven't been on ATS for quite some time, and I'm starting to see why.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Sikhs aren't Arabs and they have served with honour and distinction in The British Army for quite some time now.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And anyway, Sikhs don't speak Hindi as their primary language. They mainly speak Punjabi.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

Of course you don't want to see what I am talking about...you fancy yourself to one of those Persian Immortals. Historically speaking isn't Persian just a region of India anyway.

I guess everyone should expect bias from you. Of course Britain isn't being Infiltrated...its integrating. It's a testament to British multi-culturalism...not symbol of being overthrown.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

You certainly know a lot about the Sikhs.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here's a video about Sikhs in the British Army

They have a long history and tradition of serving in the British Army

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yes...I am certain that the Sikh propaganda film shows the Sikhs to be wonderful people. They have served with distinction, the British Empire, for many years...I guess it's about time they get some recognition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join