It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sikh soldiers guard Queen Elizabeth II

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

As I pull back the darkness which protects the British Monarchy (ha ha ha) it seems that what begins to emerge is the true nature of your "Queen".

Is it possible that she is not at all British, but instead an Indian Witch that has throughly pull the wool over the eyes of everyone in the UK.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow, what a stretch of reality! First our Queen isn`t English any more, then she`s a witch? Come on, I know this is a conspiracy site and all but all you are coming across as is racist.
As far as I am concerned the Sikh community has always integrated exceptionally well with British culture, more so than most other immigrant groups. What exactly is wrong with British nationals, regardless of racial origin, protecting and serving their Monarch? Get a grip

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Aye!! the Sikhs have earned the right to take their turn in guarding what is left of England!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I love this site sometimes I was expecting you to say something like this is a positive thing to show the hard work that some of the minorities who make up the British army put in and instead you have taken it to mean that the Queen is a witch from india
I am no fan of the quenn and the monarchy by any mean however this takes the biscuit, well done

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Aha ha ha, and indeed you are extremely well versed in the history of Iran, though perhaps your confusion stems from the fact that the Achaemenids had Indian contingents in their armies. Seriously though, I don't thing this is really a topic that has much (if any) place on ATS. I can't see any credible conspiracy or link to mysticism, etc.

Britain, historically, is itself an ethnic mish-mash. Picts, Celts, Romans, Sarmatian (Iranian speaking coincidentally, and small numbers of them), Germainic and many more in between.

Personally I don't thing I know much more about Sikhs than anyone else could.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrey1701

Its just strange...the the Church of England under the protection of Sikhs...if you like, then I love it.

Thought it was interesting...I wonder if their are any Chinese guarding the Emperor of Japan...perhaps this is normal.

Anyway...its not inherently bad, just very strange.

As a diplomatic gesture perhaps the Swiss Guard needs to offer to stand guard of the Kaaba; I wonder how that would go over?

Perhaps we are living in a new age of tolerance. It's about time.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Kaytagg

Sikhs aren't Arabs and they have served with honour and distinction in The British Army for quite some time now.

And do you know that Sikhism is a fusion of Islam and Hinduism.
Those pesky Muslims get in everywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
omg

Sikhs are Indian, from India
not one of them are arab

all sikhs were originally hindu
but then Hinduism was in jeopordy because of muslim invaders

Mughals came to india to force many hindus to become muslim with a sword, convert to islam or be decapitated

Hindus, as you know, has a caste system
This wasn't a religious system as many of you think however
Casteism was actually an attempt for a specific economic framework
basically based on your last name, it would be pre-determined what career path you would take, kind of like the movie Gattaca if u've seen it

brahmans were teachers, kshatriya were soldiers, etc..

So they took the hindus belonging to the kshatriya caste and created an army to defend hindus against muslim invaders, they were called the Sikhs

Then their 10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh, gave the sikhs a specific military identity telling them to wear the 5 Ks.
kesh, kangha, kara, kachcha and kirpan - to protect Hindus from the tyranny of the Mughals.

kesh = allowing your hair to grow at long as it wants to give respect to god's creation
Kangha = a wodden comb for the kesh
kara = It's a silver iron bracelet
kachcha = cotton underwear (kinda old shaolin chinese style)
kirpan = Sword worn to protect the weak and one's faith(because of muslim invasions)

Sikhs were basically hinduism's military arm against islamic invaders

Since then they kind of went on their own and became detached somewhat
however many sikhs in india recognize hindus and sikhs as the same, mostly not however, maybe 30/70

[edit on 1-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
And do you know that Sikhism is a fusion of Islam and Hinduism.
Those pesky Muslims get in everywhere.

Propoganda

The only reason they say Sikhs is a fusion of hinduism and islam are for two reasons

1) the misunderstanding of monotheism in hinduism, so they say they created sikhism from hinduism but took monotheism from islam.
This is untrue! Hinduism is 101% monotheistic
here's the logic
One god, many names
God is formless, therefore has many forms
God is nameless, therefore has many names
It's like there's one god, but he reincarnates himself to another deity for a specific function

Sikshism was created to protect hindus from Islam, so how can it be even partly based on islam?

That's propoganda because of the west refusing to understand it's perspective on monotheism

Also, Guru Gobing Singh, the last guru of the 10 gurus of sikhs, his children were decapitated by muslim invaders, this is historical fact
because of this, most sikhs arent' too fond of muslims

[edit on 1-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thats exactly what learned also having Sikh friends they taught me a lot about their faith!!.and I reckon of all the faiths that are about if you wre to choose ..its not bad..and from my knowledge they treat there women well..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

hahaha ya they better!
no man dares to mess with a Punjabi wife

She will kick your arseeee

usually with a frying pan

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thank you for your contributions on increasing our understanding of Sikhism...I am also sure the Archbishop of Canterbury will find all of this interesting as he begins to implement it into his sermons. You can tell he never really believed in his own religion...as he advocated implementing elements of Sharia into the British legal system only a short time ago.

Well it seems that the British people are cool with it...they will probably move for a full implementation.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
that picture says 1000 words

2 very VERY proud men; not only for the honour it brings the regiments they serve , but the honour for the religon they follow

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Don't know what that has to do with the OP but anyway, mixture of Hindu and Muslim? Sorry can't see that.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.sikhs.org...

And any deviation from the Koran would make them Apostates according to The Koran and thus liable to death.

But we digress.

Sikh's have integrated into and enhanced British society and are much respected.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

And any deviation from the Koran would make them Apostates according to The Koran and thus liable to death.

I disagree, but you digress. In what court or what land would Sikhs be called apostates? Sometimes, I think Islamophobes make it up as they go along.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

He has beef since he was dumped by a British woman, check the rest of his rhetoric on the Britsh.

Most of his threads, are hilarious to say the least.

Now he is saying Sharia Law will be acepted in Britain,

Good Lord Onehas never read so much tripe in all ones life.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Canterbury on Islam

You should pay attention to whats going on in your country...you'll be wearing a burqa in a minute and won't even know why?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

And maybe you should pay attention to your own country instead of preaching tripe about another country eh.

Obama Illegal President of the US of D

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

We've got that all under control...We've got some of the best Marines in the country protecting Obama and his family.

You've got Sikhs watching over your Queen.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by Laurauk

Canterbury on Islam

You should pay attention to whats going on in your country...you'll be wearing a burqa in a minute and won't even know why?

I am afraid that you have no entitlement to comment on sections of British citizens for their religion or skin colour. Kindly stick to the topic which you posted in the first place.

I must say, your comments are epic failures.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

It was you who tried to derail this thread by mentioning Muslims and deliberately baiting people.

My point was that if Sikhism is an offshoot of Islam it would be deemed apostasy.
Apostasy is punishable by death.
en.wikipedia.org...

But we both digress and this thread is about Sikh's....not Muslims.
This discussion belongs in another time and place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join