It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know? Obama’s half sister, born in Indonesia, has a Hawaiian Certification of Live Birth

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

You have understood me correctly. The fact that he was made president is good enough proof for me that he deserves to be there.

Wow... I do believe you've about made me speechless with the level of ignorance you show in that one sentence. I mean no disrespect, and I'm not attacking you in any way, so please don't misunderstand me.

Basically by your reasoning, no matter what a president does just being elected means they deserve to be there. So no matter what Bush & Co. did, he was elected so none of it matters. It doesn't matter that a bunch of elected officials in New Jersey just got arrested for corruption, they were elected so they deserved to be there. It doesn't matter what any of the other politicians who've been arrested for corruption, fraud, or other underhanded dealings did, they were elected so they deserved to be there.

Do you even realize the implications of what you said?

I can definitely point out how silly you all look when you do it.

I look silly because I want the matter settled once and for all? I look silly because I want the Constitution and laws of our country followed? I look silly because I wish he'd show just one judge his long form so this whole thing can finally die?

On the contrary, I'm not the one who thinks being elected means someone deserves the office they were elected to no matter what. I think it's safe to say I'm not the one who's looking silly right now.

Finally, at what point does denying something make you look suspicious?

It's not the denials that make him look suspicious. It's the combination of:

* asking for extensions in court cases only to later ask the judge to dismiss the case
* the amount of money he has spent to keep any court case from ever being heard when he could have saved a lot of time, money and effort by just showing one judge the relevant documentation to prove his eligibility and getting a court decision in his favor
* the complete lack of information about him that isn't sealed or under lock and key
* the sheer amount of effort he has put into making sure everything is sealed

All of that piled on top of each other makes him look guilty of something even if he's not. Innocent people don't put that much effort into denying something.

And contrary to popular opinion, no one actually checks the eligibility of any presidential candidate. There's a bill in committee to require it starting in 2012, but as of right now there's nothing done to ensure the people on the ballot are qualified to be there. And before it's even mentioned, no there are not routine background checks ran on elected officials.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Have you ever actually seen a court case? Yes, the person who files the lawsuit has to prove their case, but the respondent also has to prove that case wrong. Thus the reason people who get taken to court have a lawyer for their defense. They don't just go in and sit there twiddling their thumbs waiting for the plaintiff to state their case and then do nothing. They make their own case to prove themselves innocent.

If this were a court case then I could see what you are saying, but it isn't and never will be as long as there is no evidence of Obama being born outside of the US. And so far I haven't seen any evidence suggesting otherwise, all I see is a bunch of people making things up because they don't like Obama, and they push this view onto the more ignorant hoping that it will stick, and unfortunately it kinda is.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
The burden of proof isn't on Obama, it's on the small right-wing fringe who are making the rediculous claims that its fake, he's not going to appease them because he isn't obligated to, he's showed his COLB to the proper athourities and that's that. Just like ever other president has, but for some reason when Obama is in office it's not good enough.

Have you ever actually seen a court case? Yes, the person who files the lawsuit has to prove their case, but the respondent also has to prove that case wrong. Thus the reason people who get taken to court have a lawyer for their defense. They don't just go in and sit there twiddling their thumbs waiting for the plaintiff to state their case and then do nothing. They make their own case to prove themselves innocent.

Um...no. This is not a court case. There is no judge and you have no right to demand anything. The burden of proof is on you. Even in courtl, you would first have to prove you have standing before the judge will even care what you accuse someone of.

Do you have standing? Do you know the difference between a Russian ladies lunatic ramblings, a conspiracy site, a tiny number of nutjob righties...and a court case?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

That's the problem. Apparently no citizen has standing in a court of law to question the eligibility of a president. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with that. The president is supposed to work for the people, not the other way around, and the courts have basically said that our presidents are untouchable as far as us poor peasants are concerned. Might as well stick a crown on his head, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
Um...no. This is not a court case. There is no judge and you have no right to demand anything. The burden of proof is on you. Even in courtl, you would first have to prove you have standing before the judge will even care what you accuse someone of.

Yeah, I'm aware that this isn't a court case. As I said in my last post, apparently none of us peasants have standing to question the president. Did you miss all the cases that have been filed?

Edit: And yes, as a citizen I do have a right to demand that the Constitution and laws of the country I live in are followed.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
reply to post by Gobucks

You newcomers tend to always think the reason for the birth certificate issue is because Obama is black, and you're suggesting that we're all racists.

On top of the confusion and misleading statements and forged documents surrounding Barack Hussein Obama,aka Barry Soetoro, Barack Hussein Obama, is that the man IS NOT BLACK AND HE IS NOT WHITE. HE IS BOTH! His dad was black(Kenyan) and his mom was white(American). Now here is a question that rarely gets asked. Was his mom a US Citizen when he was born in Kenya? Or did she renouce her US citizenship when she married his dad who was a Kenyan National! Or did she renounce it when she divorced his dad and married Soetoro. Did she ever become a an Indonesian citizen?

People, this will NEVER go away until he has provided answers to the damn questions the American People that want to know are asking.

Who does he think he is? He is nothing without the backing of his party and his party is nothing without the WE THE PEOPLE.

I don't care if it was only one person asking to see proof. Asking to see the original vault copy proof of his original birth certificate, That one person, That one American Citizen, That one American Tax Payer deserves the damn right to see it and to know that the man in OUR White House is legit and legal to be there.

Just one deserves the right to see and to know but now there are tens of thousands and very soon there will be tens of millions that will be demanding REAL PROOF.

Watching,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Edit: And yes, as a citizen I do have a right to demand that the Constitution and laws of the country I live in are followed.

Do you really? And how is that going for you so far?

You do not have that right or else G.W. would have been thrown on his ass in his first term by all the people claimning he violated the constitution.

You cannot just make things up and then say that other people are in the wrong for not proving to your personal satisfaction that what you claimed is not true. That is not how it works. If you do not agree, then please, feel free to keep whining for another 3 1/2 years.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
To all of you who read this site, to all of you who are breaking the law and ignoring the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and have forgotten about THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, I have a message for you.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
YOU WILL LOSE!

Watching,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

It's not going very well actually because some people seem to think it's ok for the Constitution not to be followed and laws to be broken so long as the guy they like is sitting in the White House. Had it been up to me, Bush would have been out before his first term even started. Unfortunately, too many people think that their choice for president can do no wrong until it's too late.

Gee, kinda sounds like now doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It's not going very well actually because some people seem to think it's ok for the Constitution not to be followed and laws to be broken so long as the guy they like is sitting in the White House. Had it been up to me, Bush would have been out before his first term even started. Unfortunately, too many people think that their choice for president can do no wrong until it's too late.

Um...no, actually it does not sound like now at all. No one has shown one bit of evidence that shows that Obama was not born in Hawaii. Just because you say so, even if you do not know why you say so, does not mean that everyone needs to back you up. You are wrong. If you were right, you would have something to show us. I keep asking the same two questions over and over and all you birthers keep avoiding it altogether. This proves you have nothing but what you say. So, I can accuse every president elected in my lifetime of anything I want to and they have to prove that I am wrong???? Is that really what you think?

Please say yes.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
To all of you who read this site, to all of you who are breaking the law and ignoring the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and have forgotten about THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, I have a message for you.

YOU WILL LOSE!

Watching,

Eye of Eagle

Which part of the constitution is being ignored?

Which part of the declaration of independance is being ignored?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Speaking of Obama -- There was a lady interviewed last night on one of the news channels and she just beat the crap out of Obama. She talks about how corrupt his wife is and how much a lie her collage thesis was and stated that the "Old Boy" corruption was rampant throughout Obama's administration. All the announcer could do was role his eyes. Here name is Michelle Malkin.

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am afraid that I am a tad confused here.

Originally posted by ReelView
Speaking of Obama -- There was a lady interviewed last night on one of the news channels and she just beat the crap out of Obama. She talks about how corrupt his wife is and how much a lie her collage thesis was

You mean she beat the crap out of Michelle Obama. Michelle is not president and was not elected and she is certainly not her husband.

and stated that the "Old Boy" corruption was rampant throughout Obama's administration. All the announcer could do was role his eyes. Here name is Michelle Malkin.

Oh.... you were being sarcastic then? I sure hope so. Even Michelle Malkin does not believe half of the crap that Michelle Malkin says.

I forgot to ask - news channel or entertainment channel that has the word 'news' in it's name?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well this guy doesn't like Obama so I guess that doesn't apply to me.

I just happen to think with my head and ask for proof that Obama was born off of American soil, and so far all of these accusations lead back to right wing blagospheres without any proof. Coincidence? I think not. You can't just ask to see someones birth certificate just becaues, you have to have a reason for doing so, and so far their isn't one. The proper athourities have authenticated his COLB more than enough times and he's gone further to prove he's an american than any other president in American history. If you don't like it vote him out, that's all their is to it.

And just because someone defends Obama doesn't mean they are an Obama supporter. I looked at the facts and came to a conclusion just because you or anyone else doesn't like that doesn't mean I or anyone else is an Obama supporter. So get off it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

YOU WILL LOSE!

Watching,

Eye of Eagle

Quit claiming to speak for the American people, You don't speak for me, I speak for myself. And i bet anything 90% of American's don't believe in this hogwash. Just because you want to see his BC doesn't mean you get to, he's showed it to the proper athorities and it's real. Now go find something else like a REAL non-fabricated issue that needs more attention than this BC nonsense.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

This proves you have nothing but what you say. So, I can accuse every president elected in my lifetime of anything I want to and they have to prove that I am wrong???? Is that really what you think?

Oh please, give me a break. Do you lack reading comprehension? Or did you just not bother to read any posts in the thread that you didn't respond to? I never made any claims about Obama's birth place one way or the other. I actually very clearly said that I can't say what the truth is with any authority, and neither can you for that matter. You can rant and rave and be as hateful as you like, it doesn't change the fact that you are basing your opinion off of what someone else says is true. Congratulations, you can point out pictures on the internet to accompany the words from someone else. Sorry if I'm not naive enough to just roll over and accept what someone puts on the internet as 100% fact. You'll also have to forgive me for understanding that politicians lie, a fact that makes it impossible for me to take any of them at their word.

Please show me where I said that you can accuse every president of whatever you want and that they have to prove you wrong. Go ahead and look, I'll wait.

Didn't find it did you. Perhaps because I never said that, nor did I imply it. What I did say is that if any of the cases were to actually be heard by a judge, Obama would have to prove his case. His saying it's true wouldn't be enough. What I also said was that some people seem to think that it doesn't matter what is in the Constitution or our laws as long as the person they like is sitting in the White House. Proof of that is abundant.

For years some people here would defend Bush no matter what, simply because they voted for him and wanted him as President. Now that Obama is in office it's more of the same. Some people will defend him no matter what, simply because they voted for him and wanted him as President. I couldn't say a thing about Bush or his policies without being attacked by his supporters and called unpatriotic or a left-winger. Now that Obama is in office, heaven forbid I question anything about the man or his policies or I'm a nut-job, a right-winger, and occasionally a racist to boot. The blind defense of the man is getting tiresome.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Oh please, give me a break. Do you lack reading comprehension? Or did you just not bother to read any posts in the thread that you didn't respond to? I never made any claims about Obama's birth place one way or the other.

Apparently you have not been following your posts then. Here is a taste -

I look silly because I want the matter settled once and for all? I look silly because I want the Constitution and laws of our country followed? I look silly because I wish he'd show just one judge his long form so this whole thing can finally die?

Ok, what matter did you want settled if it is not about Obama's birthplace? I am all ears.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

I just happen to think with my head and ask for proof that Obama was born off of American soil, and so far all of these accusations lead back to right wing blagospheres without any proof. Coincidence? I think not. You can't just ask to see someones birth certificate just becaues, you have to have a reason for doing so, and so far their isn't one.

As do I. Like I said before, I don't want him to show it to me. I personally have no reason to have access to it aside from wanting the Constitution and laws followed, which is why I'd like for him to prove it to a judge. That's the judge's job, let one of them do it. And as has been said numerous times in numerous threads by numerous people, it's impossible to find anything about the man because he has it all sealed. How exactly is anyone supposed to find anything when it's all locked up tighter than Fort Knox?

The proper athourities have authenticated his COLB more than enough times and he's gone further to prove he's an american than any other president in American history. If you don't like it vote him out, that's all their is to it.

Who do you consider proper authorities? Factcheck? I sure hope not, they're hardly qualified to authenticate a COLB. No other president, aside from Chester A Arthur who some have claimed was born in Canada, has had any questions surrounding their eligibility so of course none of them have had to prove they were American. There also haven't been any other presidents that I can find whose records are locked up and sealed like Obama's.

And just because someone defends Obama doesn't mean they are an Obama supporter. I looked at the facts and came to a conclusion just because you or anyone else doesn't like that doesn't mean I or anyone else is an Obama supporter. So get off it.

No it doesn't, nor does a non-supporter defending him mean that none of those defending him are supporters. You can come to whatever conclusion you like, doesn't make a difference to me. The only exception is when the name-calling and mud-slinging starts simply because someone disagrees with you. So get off it yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Apparently it's lack of reading comprehension. Show me where in that I make an actual claim about Obama's birthplace.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

YOU WILL LOSE!

Watching,

Eye of Eagle

Eye, maybe you'd better look at recent demographics studies before you start threatening people. Right-wing white guys are a minority and dispite what I'm sure you believe, they really don't have all the guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join