It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sounds like a retraction to me...

I prefer the way Buzz describes it here (and never mind the additions just listen to his words

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Question

Edwin Aldrin recently came out on in a special on the Science Channel and stated that the astronauts aboard Apollo 11 all saw unidentified objects which seemed to have been following them. He also mentions that they were briefed not to talk about what they had seen. What does NASA have to say in response to this? What were those objects they all saw?

I just talked to Buzz Aldrin on the phone, and he notes that the quotations were taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the object they were seeing was not the SIVB upper stage, which was about 6000 miles away at that time, they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage. These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft. They chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted (as they are being now). Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
July 26, 2006

see: www.badastronomy.com...
for an illustration of the panel

Sorry! missed Blaine91555's post on this.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Pauligirl]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Who put the Grand Canyon there?

Who put Niagara Falls there?

Who put Victoria Falls there?

Who put Mt. Everest there?

This is not how people talk about natural structures. It's very odd.

He slipped. Or let it slip.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh but that has been explained as a panel from the spacecraft now. Well that is what they say anyways...

I am more interested in what they saw on the Moon reportedly, I do think that the "L-shaped UFO" was a panel, because it was seen by other missions.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Right, never mind the additions. It's deletions that are important.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

LoL.

I sometimes get the feeling that I'm going to get into a time machine one day, see the Apollo craft, and basically go "oh crap, wrong exit"

But of course, if that was me, I'd actually fly along side Apollo and basically be like a dolphin acts to cruise ships and follow it for a while.

That would be freaking awesome though, just going back in time in an unmarked, windowless craft, and just kind of following some Apollo mission for some time, just for the laughs of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Right, never mind the additions. It's deletions that are important.

No its his expressions that are important, but I wouldn't expect you to understand
He did other interviews where he confirmed the 'ufo' It was only later he retracted it
I guess the water got too hot...

Next time he is in Vegas I'll see if I can catch him off the record

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I am more interested in what they saw on the Moon reportedly,

Nothing but rocks... I thought that was obvious?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL....I think they saw more than that my friend.

Anyways..On that video, good point about the judgement of an individuals 'vibe'. It is more to garner a 'feel' for what Aldrin apparently feels and knows(?) about this subject. I do not think the main issue of that video is about the UFO(lol, in fact I said something like you did earlier today, in another thread
) Not everything is about the empirical facts, as some would think.

Just because the object in the video is not an alien spacecraft (99.9%) that does not mea you can not attempt to judge ones overall 'vibe' about a subject. Aldrins vibe to me seems like he knows something much more than he can say.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
He is talking about geological formations.

It's a MONOLITH, not a MONORAIL

The monolith (on the moon) circles around mars.

It sounded like he was saying "the monolith on mars circles around mars," which would be quite interesting. But no. It's an odd geological formation on the moon of mars. The moon (and therefore the monolith) circle the planet.

This is really a non-story, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It's an odd geological formation on the moon of mars.

It casts a phallic shadow:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a593489051a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It's interesting, no doubt. Butttt it's not aliens, or UFOs, or any of that who-haw.

Not that I don't believe in UFOs. Trust me, I do!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's interesting, no doubt. Butttt it's not aliens, or UFOs, or any of that who-haw.

So it is humans?

That would make sense - we do build phallic representations in the form of obelisks.

Maybe an ancient human civilization made it that far.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Why assume that it's not a natural formation? Do we have no natural formations like this on earth?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Why assume that it's not a natural formation?

Why assume anything at all.

Let us speculate on all the possibilities and in time, explore them all too.

Haven't you seen the amazing structures on your own moon?

Here it is colourized - for those suffering with Propsoprognasia

*Perhaps the people who built this on our moon, also left structures behind on Phobos and on other places in our solar system.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Not that I don't believe in UFOs. Trust me, I do!

Based on what scientific principle or evidence?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

That definitely doesn't convince me of your point.

That just looks like some dirt that's not level to the ground. Having raised terrain that isn't exactly even to the ground is pretty common.

As much as I would like to believe there are alien bases on the moon, this simply doesn't prove a thing to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Nice find Hunkahunka! I would like to know if there are any similar structures on Phobos, have we photographed all sides of this moon? Sorry if this is on the video, I cannot veiw them from my work computer

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That just looks like some dirt that's not level to the ground. Having raised terrain that isn't exactly even to the ground is pretty common.

What about a massive tower that rises above the lunar horizon?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f28cc48766d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/814d331f698b.jpg[/atsimg]

Would you say that this also a 'natural formation'?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If only a UFO would land. If only we could take it apart. That would be scientific proof.

Alas, there is no such evidence in the public forum. Therefore there is no scientific evidence that flying saucers (UFOs, whatever you want to call them) exist.

The only reason I believe in them is because I saw two flying saucers. My guess is that they're government craft. Who knows, though. Could be aliens -- but I doubt it -- but I HOPE they are

Plenty of people have seen them, even former presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich. So I wouldn't write them off so easily. I also wouldn't accredit them to aliens.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join