It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Pictures EDITED out......

[edit on 7/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Buzz ripped me OFF!

I found this "artifact" last year!

Check out THIS OLD THREAD

[edit on 7/23/2009 by darkbluesky]

If only you stood on the moon then posted.

S& F for this thread.

Go Buzz.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
All these worlds are yours, except Europa.
Attempt no landings there....
Use Them Together, Use Them In peace.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hate to say it....it doesn't look natural...but in the same sense it doesn't look constructed unless geometry doesn't apply to aliens. Although weathering might be a factor, but I dunno.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Why would a science adviser for a company trying to develop anti-grav, or the CEO of a company making rocket motors have secret inside information regarding an alien-built object on Phobos?

Ummm so now you claim its an alien-built object on Phobos?
You sure read a lot into what isn't there

I love the way this is getting twisted... ATS is not what it used to be

No -- I'm not saying it is ET-made. I'm only saying that some other people on this thread (not you) have jumped to that conclusion because the words 'structure' and 'monolith' as spoken by Buzz mean "artificial" to them.

Well I won't bother you with the Aquila Mars trips then... might get ya all confused

It's a proposed cargo launch vehicle that uses the shuttle-like system (main fuel tank, 2 SRB's, plus a Delta IV booster stage attached like the shuttle). That's all I know about it, besides that it doesn't seem to me that it is getting any backing -- so IMHO it will probably not be put into production.

-- especially considering the problems of the Main fuel tank foam and "side-slung" payloads.

Besides that, NASA seems set on building the Ares V for heavy lift capabilities (190,000 pound capacity to orbit, 70,000 pound capacity to the moon).

Any Mars vehicle will probably be built from multiple pieces launched into LEO by multiple Ares V launches, then assembled in orbit before cruising to Mars.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Could it be that 'Buzz' just either likes the attention, or is making a living/augmenting his income from it?

So now you attack Buzz Aldrin's credibility? You know you debunkers are a sad joke. It's all fine and dandy for you guys to call us 'believers' nut cases, but when someone has been out there like Ed Mitchell and Buzz Aldrin start to say things that you don't like to hear, out come the character assassinations

Absolutely. in Australia we call that "clutching at straws".

Rocks and shadows AND monoliths now

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

3D modeling is limited by the resolution of the elevation data. If the resolution is 2 meters, anything within that range will appear as a flat surface.

What is the source of the first image set?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All this talk of a Monolith jogged my lump o thinkin jelly!! Half way or so through this interview with David wilcock, they say somthing about Mr c clark havin knowledge about what they actually found on the moon... hence the momolith? any way ya can watch it here... www.youtube.com...

Njoy.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People- so IMHO it will probably not be put into production.

so ermmm what about the one that was launched from the Marshall Islands that went to the moon 2 months before Apollo 11

My bad

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People- so IMHO it will probably not be put into production.

so ermmm what about the one that was launched from the Marshall Islands that went to the moon 2 months before Apollo 11

My bad

Perhaps we are talking about different "Aquilas"

The one I'm talking about was proposed to NASA by Buzz Aldrin and uses Shuttle launch hardware plus a Delta IV. As far as I know (perhaps you know differently) NASA didn't have the Shuttle-style main fuel tank and Thiokol SRB's back in 1969 -- and they definitely didn't have Boeing's Delta IV (the Delta IV "Rocketdyne"-built engine is relatively new, and it will be used on the Ares V)

The Aquila I'm talking about was proposed about 5 years ago as a heavy-lift vehicle for NASA. However, NASA decided to build an all-new heavy-lift vehicle, which is the Ares V.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Perhaps... in either case that is another thread

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Perhaps... in either case that is another thread

You're right -- I apologize to the ATSers and the mods for going OT...

...so lets get back to "Buzz stirring the pot again, for better or for worse"
(I think it's for the better)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
And he has a good reason for arousing that interest in people. He wants us to go to Phobos! Not to look for signs of alien civilization, but as the final stop before settling on Mars.

Maybe he owns land there.

Actually, what he probably owns is a piece of some aerospace firm that could make money planning a Mars mission, even if it never happened. He seems smart enough to realize that going to the Moon was a walk in the park compared to a Mars mission, and is unlikely to happen any time soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Something / someone (ET?) & God­, in the same sentence,
and in the subtle way it is said, as if somewhat of equal possibility as individual explanations
or as both (a God-thing), are interestingly powerful suggestions are they not?

Nevermind

Good day

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oops, forgot to source that first one.

I found it here:www.flickr.com...@N08/3707412881/

There is no further information about it. But I assume it could be a mosaic of different resolution levels taken from here: (I could be wrong though)

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Actually, what he probably owns is a piece of some aerospace firm that could make money planning a Mars mission, even if it never happened.

Yeah its called Starcraft Boosters and he is CEO... I know its a LONG thread

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Im sure he has a few more friends in higher places within NASA than we give him credit for.

I'm sure he does have friends at NASA. Does that necessarily mean that those friends are "in on" this secret -- or does it mean that, even if they are, they would necessarily tell Buzz Aldrin about it.

Perhaps, but perhaps not. My point is that just because he was an astronaut does not necessarily make him privy to all the secret information that may exist about aliens.

It seems people are too quick to say "Buzz thinks so, and he was an astronaut, therefore it must be true because TPTB tell Buzz everything".

I don't like to jump to those conclusions.

Yeah i know what your saying and your right, at the same time though why not tell Buzz? Of all people i guess they would trust him to be able to keep secrets secret. I'm not trying to argue, im neither here nor there on what Buzz said, I just don't think he should be underestimated.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Phage
And he has a good reason for arousing that interest in people. He wants us to go to Phobos! Not to look for signs of alien civilization, but as the final stop before settling on Mars.

... he probably owns is a piece of some aerospace firm that could make money planning a Mars mission, even if it never happened. He seems smart enough to realize that going to the Moon was a walk in the park compared to a Mars mission, and is unlikely to happen any time soon.

He does. He is involved with "Starcraft Boosters, Inc." which is a company that makes booster rockets -- something like the Morton-Thiokol SRBs that the shuttle launch system uses.

His company's reusable boosters use kerosene and LOX instead of solid fuel, and land like a plane rather than paruchuting down like the Thiokol boosters do.

He proposed a vehicle to NASA that would be built in lieu of the Ares V and that would use his company's boosters. The Ares V is being designed by NASA contractors to be the heavy lift vehicle for the upcoming manned Moon missions and potential future manned Mars missions.

Aldrin would have liked for them to use the system that employed his company's boosters, which is fine -- he has every right to try and sell his product.

Here's his company's website:
www.starbooster.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

the shadow doesn't really seem to correspond to the "monolith"s apparent height. that's an incredibly long shadow.

interesting video though.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That first photo looks to be from Mars itself and not from Phobos, we can see what looks like sand/dirt/dust/etc. on the ground, but Phobos doesn't have any on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join