It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
O.k. the "monolith" comment aside, what about what he said before that... join with who to do what on our moon?

he says:

"we can visit other (pause) people with their habitation... we can join together"

Even if you guys are right, this is a VERY strange way to put it.

-anyone

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

He's talking about other nations who may establish habitats on the moon.
Watch the whole interview. He says a lot of good stuff.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To answer you properly on the source of the images I posted earlier:

They all came from here:www.lunexit.it...

By these persons:

Dr. Faccin, PHD, from Lunar Explorer Italia
Dr. Paolo C. Fienga, PHD, from Lunar Explorer Italia

EDIT to add: It has further come to my attention that the first image posted (the one with multiple zooms) is from Mars. The second (with the 3d mapping) is from Phobos however. Again sorry for the mix up.

Sorry for the mix up.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Editing is a funny thing. I will do that, thanks.

-anyone

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Buzz Aldrin is amazing.

I'm gonna go find the rest of that interview.

Nice find!

He is definitely an individual whom I would be more than honored to meet at some point in my life. He and the Astronauts of his era were extremely brave, intelligent, professional, tenacious, and just downright amazing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To me, it seems Aldrin got too excited and caught himself revealing classified information. That is why he cut himself off in an odd way and ended with "the universe put it there" when I believe most of us know what he is really trying to say. Aldrin obviously wants the world to know whats going on so we can come together and evolve.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
thanks for posting this Hunka!!

So many great posters here!!

Im sure theres some major mysteries on the moon and mars...

huggs everyone!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
O.k. so the only link I could find to get to the vid. in it's entirety was on the third page and it seems I have to pay to view it.? Is that right?

Lame.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Posted it earlier
CSPAN

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for re-posting; I appreciate it.

-anyone

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well if it is just a rock here certainly no reason to waste money on checking it out then!
Sorry Buzz you will have to try better than that Ol boy!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
No, he clearly said a "strange structure" on the moon's surface. Buzz Aldrin has, on many occasions, stayed away from the UFO debate and I believe this if the first time he's made reference towards artificial involvement on planetary objects.

No, he did not use "strange structure" he used "odd structure". You may think that correction insignificant, but this is a man who should be respected to the point he is not misquoted.

I will refrain from interpreting anything past his actual words other than to say I think he is a champion for future manned space exploration. I hope it happens.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
O.k. boys. I have changed my mind. I haven't had the chance to watch the entire interview, however, I did skip to just before where the clip in the OP starts and you are right. Definitely seems to be talking only about humans.

That really was misleading and I hope you can understand how the rest of us only watching the OP clip would have been mislead/confused.

There was something in the interview that I have a question about and I admit the answer may lie in the vid. (which I promise I will finish watching later) but I was hoping I could cheat and ask...

What is he talking about an object within communications range in 2029 and 2036?

A comet?

Anyway, my radar went up (but as you can see my radar is off today
).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry had to do some work.

I agree, but was it that he let the cat out of the bag, or was he worried somebody would misrepresent his statement? We will likely never know.

....and thank you for finding that.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

What is he talking about an object within communications range in 2029 and 2036?

I believe he was talking about Apophis' near Earth encounters in 2029 and 2036.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thanks, I just googled, with the interview playing in the background. I think I might just have to buy his book now.

Forgive me for stepping too far off the subject but if any of you have not seen Buzz rapping his song "Rocket Experience" here it is. It is pretty fun to see.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sorry had to do work. Darn employees anyway. They want paid.

The Wikipedia has as good of an explanation as any.

During the cooling of a thick lava flow, contractional joints or fractures form. If a flow cools relatively rapidly, significant contraction forces build up. While a flow can shrink in the vertical dimension without fracturing, it cannot easily accommodate shrinking in the horizontal direction unless cracks form; the extensive fracture network that develops results in the formation of columns. The topology of the lateral shapes of these columns can broadly be classed as a random cellular network. These structures are often erroneously described as being predominantly hexagonal. In reality, the mean number of sides of all the columns in such a structure is indeed six (by geometrical definition), but polygons with three to twelve or more sides can be observed[5]. Note that the size of the columns depends loosely on the rate of cooling; very rapid cooling may result in very small (

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Weird? Part of my post vaporize into thin air even though it showed up in the preview fine? Never had that one before.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe it won’t be too long.....

Canadian Mission Concept to Mysterious Mars moon Phobos to Feature Unique Rock-Dock Maneuver
www.spaceref.com...
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Canada Studies Mission to Mysterious Mars Moon

Optech Incorporated, the global market leader in the development, manufacture and support of advanced, laser-based survey systems, announced today that is has been selected by the Canadian Space Agency to lead the study of a Canadian-led mission to Phobos, the largest moon of Mars. The proposed Phobos Reconnaissance and International Mars Exploration (“PRIME”) mission was selected from among 12 proposals received by the Canadian Space Agency last year to be the object of a concept and feasibility study. ......

The PRIME science team has tentatively selected a specific and compelling feature on the surface of Phobos as the target landing site. Popularly known as the “Phobos Monolith”, it is a building-sized object that appears to be a boulder exposed relatively recently in an otherwise desolate area of the asteroid-like moon. Scientists on the PRIME team are interested in such boulders as they might represent unique opportunities to examine actual samples of Phobos’s bedrock up close. PRIME Deputy Principal Investigator Dr. Alan Hildebrand believes that the Phobos Monolith could hold the answers to the moon’s composition and history. “If we can get to that object, we likely don’t need to go anywhere else,” he advised the science team.

www.space.com...
New Missions Target Mars Moon Phobos
By Leslie Mullen
Astrobiology Magazine
posted: 30 April 2009
08:14 am ET

One of the planned Phobos-Grunt experiments is the Living Interplanetary Flight Experiment, or LIFE, provided by the U.S.-based Planetary Society. This experiment would carry various microorganisms, as well as a soil colony from the Arctic permafrost, to see how well they endure space travel. The experiment is controversial because of planetary protection issues - scientists hope to find evidence for life on Mars someday, and are careful to sterilize spacecraft so we don't inadvertently carry life there. If Phobos-Grunt should accidentally crash on Phobos or Mars, the life contained in the spacecraft probably would not survive for long in the harsh environment, but most scientists don't want to risk contamination regardless.

The launch of Phobos-Grunt was scheduled to take place this October, but it now seems likely the launch date will be pushed back to 2011 at the earliest. Whenever the mission does launch, it will take 3 years for the lander to reach the small moon, touch down on its surface, and then return its sample to Earth...........

........Another mission headed by Optech Inc. and the Mars Institute, and funded as a concept study by the Canadian Space Agency, is called PRIME, for "Phobos Reconnaissance and International Mars Exploration." The PRIME mission would be composed of an orbiter and lander, and each would carry 4 instruments designed to study various aspects of Phobos's geology. Yet another mission concept, the Phobos-Deimos Sample Return Mission (SRM), is being studied by NASA's Glenn Research Center. This mission would rely on low-cost electric propulsion to land on Phobos and Deimos and bring back samples from the two moons.

These mission studies are proceeding in part on the philosophy that Phobos could be key to the future human exploration of Mars. Not only does the ease of landing and taking off from Phobos make it a good pit stop between Earth and Mars, but because Phobos is tidally-locked, always showing the same face to Mars, it could be a stable location for a Mars communications relay or some sort of monitoring station.

At present, neither PRIME nor the Phobos-Deimos SRM has a projected launch date.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I find this as credible evidence that he knows something.

I agree. he acted parculiar when he said it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join