It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't think Aldrin went on Tv to sell his company's product. I also don't think aldrin went on tv and said this for attention, the man went to the moon...he's had attention all his life and will be in high demand for the rest of his life when it comes to attention.

I have watched the video and it sounded to like he explained a little to much for his likeing...you can see him stop a little when talking..like "opps, should i have said that".

Think of it this way...that type of coment that he made is only gonna make conspiracy folk even more intrested in him. He must know that now!

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

In 2001 Space Odyssey the monolith was on Earths moon.
He is taking about Mars moon Phobos.
I think Phobos is actually a spacestation put in a rock taken from
the asteroid belt.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here's the whole show. See if you really think so.
CSPAN

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker... I saw striations like that while recently drifting down the Deschutes in Oregon... Any idea how those are formed?

Not Weedwhacker, but those are classic Basalt Columns. Also explains many of the controversial objects on the Moon as it is in a large part just Basalt. Also see the Devil's Causeway.

Basalt Columns often form Palisades along river courses. There are many classic examples along rivers in Idaho and near Pocatello where the ancient ocean burst through forming a channel.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by refuse_orders
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Im sure he has a few more friends in higher places within NASA than we give him credit for.

I'm sure he does have friends at NASA. Does that necessarily mean that those friends are "in on" this secret -- or does it mean that, even if they are, they would necessarily tell Buzz Aldrin about it.

Perhaps, but perhaps not. My point is that just because he was an astronaut does not necessarily make him privy to all the secret information that may exist about aliens.

It seems people are too quick to say "Buzz thinks so, and he was an astronaut, therefore it must be true because TPTB tell Buzz everything".

I don't like to jump to those conclusions.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

If you don't think that Buzz Aldrin does not have more information about space exploration than the average person, then you're in denial. And I would also wager a bet that if ANYONE has access to secret information about aliens, its probably going to be him and not the average joe who questions his ability to get information.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wikipedia Source

UFO claims

In 2005, while being interviewed for a documentary titled First on the Moon: The Untold Story, Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an unidentified flying object. Aldrin told David Morrison, an NAI Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. The crew was told that their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles away. However, the panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver, so this panel would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction. When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel.

Interviewed by the Science Channel, Aldrin mentioned seeing unidentified objects, and he claims his words were taken out of context; he asked the Science Channel to clarify to viewers he did not see alien spacecraft, but they refused.

Hoax allegations

On September 9, 2002, filmmaker Bart Sibrel, a proponent of the Apollo moon landing hoax theory, confronted Aldrin and his stepdaughter outside a Beverly Hills, California hotel. Sibrel confronted Aldrin, shouting, "You're the one who said you walked on the moon and you didn't!" He then called Aldrin a "thief, liar and coward". Aldrin, at that time 72 years of age, responded by punching Sibrel in the face. Beverly Hills police and the city's prosecutor declined to file charges after witnesses confirmed that Sibrel had initiated physical contact. Sibrel suffered no serious injuries.

This should give insight as to how he reacts to ATS style topics.

It also tells me the Science Channel programs are not really trustworthy and shows how people pull things out of context. After seeing the tape of his encounter with Sibrel, many times, I'm Aldrin's biggest fan

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i totally think that if anyone seen or knows anything about UFO's or ET's i would trust it coming from Buzz...how many of us have been up in space? And from watching that clip it totally seems like the way he said things was a slip up of some sort, i really hope one day he will come out with it all!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here's the whole show. See if you really think so.
CSPAN

Pretty much adds little to this. I'm sure he meant it in the sense of being just a natural structure that is interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I was referring to this statement in the post I was replying to.

I have watched the video and it sounded to like he explained a little to much for his likeing...you can see him stop a little when talking..like "opps, should i have said that".

I don't see it.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That Ol Bas#ard knows more than he's letting on!
Spill ya gut's Buzz! if that's even your real name!

[edit on 23-7-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Poker players saw it. Small subtle cues mean the difference between losing and winning.

He blew a tell big time.

www.playwinningpoker.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
looks to me as if it could be a monument of somekind... it's near a crater as well and a big one at that, maybe Mars was inhabited way back in time and some form of disaster happened with Mars and it's Moon. Maybe it's a memorium... like a statue remembering those that died, like we would do... I dont know... just looking at it from a human's perspective.

It could just be an unusual shape of somekind...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Adono86]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Gee, I don't know. The way he was moving his hands around, maybe he was trying a Jedi mind trick.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Weedwhacker... I saw striations like that while recently drifting down the Deschutes in Oregon... Any idea how those are formed?

Not Weedwhacker, but those are classic Basalt Columns. Also explains many of the controversial objects on the Moon as it is in a large part just Basalt. Also see the Devil's Causeway.

Basalt Columns often form Palisades along river courses. There are many classic examples along rivers in Idaho and near Pocatello where the ancient ocean burst through forming a channel.

Thanks,
Yeah there is lots of basaltic earth around the Deschutes river. That makes a lot of sense... so it's kinda like a crystal formation? Or is there some other mechanics that make those striations?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just dont ever call Buzz a liar to his face....see below.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'd say the fluting (striations) were from a combination of the irregularity in the original tube, before it eroded away, and also later erosion of the igneous rack after being exposed.

But, I'm no geologist. I just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind about a dozen times!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OK, so this structure/monolith on Phobos has been a big NASA secret until Buzz Aldrin revealed that is is there. The secret has apparantly been so big that Buzz now is really scared because he messed up and talked about it.

Then it is very strange that there was a thread about this (and another) tall structure on Phobos here at ATS as far back as in 2004:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some secret...

[edit on 23/7/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Yea, this is nothing that new. Also it appears the short clip of the video led to a misunderstanding on what Aldrin said before being cut off. Sure is an interesting structure though.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Good find, ziggy

You've just scratched the itch that has been nagging at me this whole time!!!

NOW...which mission first photographed this 'monolith'?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I don't know when the first ever images of Phobos were taken. (I'll bet ArMaP, Phage or Internos knows, though!)
But Mars Global Surveyor did take some good ones back in August 1998. So the strutures on this Mars moon is hardly big news almost 11 years later.

You can find the MGS images here:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join