It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack The Ripper: The Case Reviewed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
the cloud parted whilst a choir of angels sung aloud hymns in otherworldly tones, for we are blessed a new case review!

great job myth. now ive got something else to obsess over for a while.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I quickly scanned through your synopsis of the case, excellent work.

I recently read an old book on the Ripper case where the author had some very good cicumstantial evidence that The ripper was actually a bodyguard of the Royal Prince of the Area. He evedently was meeting with one of the victims friends (can't remeber which), but her being privy to thier 3 to 4 times a week secret meetings, and a possible pregnancy was killed to be silenced.

I wanna say prince William? I have bad reading retention.

Anyhow it's believe the love interest escaped with the baby in tow. The police not dare question royalty.

But this body guard then killed a few more prostitues just to make it seem like a madman was on the loose, and not look at any specific victim closely, just lump them all in one category, as this womans friend who was witness to the princes meetings was a prostitute.

Anyway I don't know if you've ever heard this theory ,sorry I can't expalin it better, but itwas a Royal cover-up basically. Again although I read this book less than 8 months ago, there was soooo much information, but this cheating prince alduterer, was the authors #1suspect, and he made a great case for it.

I quickly looked through my books, and the name of the book is "Jack the Ripper:The Final Solution". Definitely worth a read if your interested in this case.

Again great post, S+F, good work.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I couldn't stop reading it myth. Like a moth to a flame. Awesome job!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

lol, thank you for the kind words, my friend
I am looking forward to your opinions and your conclusions as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I've never heard of a bodyguard as the killer, that is interesting. The only Prince I know that they looked into was:

Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward (known as "Eddy" to his friends) is one of the most famous suspects in the Jack the Ripper case, figuring in no less than three major theories. Over the years, different versions of his personality, mental stability, and manner of death have appeared.
Prince

Was that who you are thinking about? Also I am going to read that book..lol.. I have like 50 books to read now.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Awesome, thank you fo rthe kind words
a moth to the flame is the reason why I create these case reviews, for readers like you.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
great post. S&F.

I personally was blown away with Patricia cornwells book about Jack the Ripper in which she claims it was Walter Sickert. Some of the evidence was astounding.

Cornwell was an ex Phorensic Scientist and she spent millions of her own dollars investigating the case. The book and its subject literally took over her entire life for many years.

walter Sickert.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Book number 51..lol.. Thank you for the kind words. I will definately read this book, it sounds pretty good.

Patricia Cornwell's upcoming book, Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed is without a doubt the single most publicized book ever released in the history of the genre. As such, it has the potential to impress the minds of millions worldwide with certain ideas about the Ripper crimes which are, unfortunately, largely inaccurate. The purpose of this primer is not necessarily to refute Ms. Cornwell's theory, but to provide an easy-to-follow factual guide for readers new to the subject who would like to know more about the facts presented in her book.

Those who have not yet read the book are hereby warned that the following primer may include spoilers.
Patricia's Case. Is it Factual?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Excellent thread, well done on your research and ability to pull all the strands together.
I too have heard that Walter Sickert is somebody who should be placed under the microscope as a potential suspect. Did your research bring his name into the equation at all?
Regardless, brilliant job.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Yabby]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Yabby

I've read a little about him. But I just couldn't pin anything solid on him, unlike the others listed in the OP's. But I do know that he was around 1 of them, but then again so was all of whitechapel. So pinning is hard when it comes to the details. I found some inaccurancies thanks to the Casebook website about the Ripper, in the above post. And that made me shaky to suspect him at all after that. But hey, he could be the killer, but I don't think he was.

Heres a book review (NO spoilers):

Cornwell claims to have spent $6 million of her own fortune researching this book. In the end, one wonders if it were worth it. Ms. Cornwell provides a tenuous link between Walter Sickert and one or two "Ripper letters" in the guise of a matching mtDNA sequence, but all that tells us is that Sickert can not be eliminated from the percentage of the population (ranging from 1% ro 10%) that could have written those letters. Considering the fact that the letters that provided mtDNA matches are all considered to be definite hoaxes, and Cornwell's theory falls apart like a house of cards.

Cornwell should certainly be praised for taking the initiative to fund modern forensic research on the few remaining scraps of Ripperana, but in the end, the results should have been more critically examined. Instead, it appears as though Cornwell decided who the Ripper was first, and then scrambled to find evidence to support it. When DNA matching fell short, she relied on watermark and handwriting analysis, as well as comparisons between drawings on the letters and those in Sickert's sketchbooks. All of this is meaningless, of course, as the Ripper letters she uses are all considered hoaxes.
Conrwall book review

[edit on Jul 22nd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well some of the victims had grapes on them when they were found. Grapes were very expesive and rare in london at the time. Also there was the horse and carrage that may have been involved.

Good work on the report

[edit on 22-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Never heard of that, but wow, that is cool. Grapes and a potential buggy. To me that would probably be the above (The Prince). But I am not so sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that investigation into the murders was looked into by 2 separate sections of the UK police force. Because the murders happend so close the Crown City of london they had their own private police look into the matter as well as the Met. This may be worth looking into

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A lovely post, and a very well presented case.

It is just a shame that we may never know just who the killer was - not for sure anyway.

S&F

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sorry to say but these were Masonic ritual murders. Look up the murder of Captain Wiliam Morgan, his stomach was sliced the same way and his intestines put over his shoulder in the exact same fashion. It is a ritual killing for the Lodge. This is well documented on the net but I have neither the time nor inclination to find it again. Suffice it to say, get the book "Letters on Freemasonry" by John Quincy Adams.

It was a group of the three unworthy Masons that did the murders also, it was not one man.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Great Topic,Myth!
I have been reading about Jack for years now I even had the alleged Maybrick dairy when it was first published never thought of James Maybrick as being the Ripper,though currently I am reading Alan Moore's From Hell a good look at the murders and also look for Jack The Ripper:The Final Solution they both propose that Sir.Willam Gull carried out the murders as part of a masonic ritual. I have no idea who Jack actually was.There have been so many suspects brought forth that I no longer have an opinion on that.

PS:S&F for you.

[edit on 083131p://0926 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

Never heard of that, but wow, that is cool. Grapes and a potential buggy. To me that would probably be the above (The Prince). But I am not so sure.

I doubt if the prince would need grapes to entice a 'lady of the night' into his carrage but hes might give them to someone else to do it for him...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Ah,I see Sickert has made his appearance on the thread! I liked Cornwell's book but I feel that Walter Sickert was far to well known in London at the time to have pulled this off.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Perhaps,Gull or someone else? Eddie was no killer Gull has always interested me as a suspect...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Much thanks Mike, thank you for those words
I appreciate them. And yes, we are looking into quite a few different theories. Any idea my friend? Who do you think did it even if you don't have an opinion on the matter..lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join