It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ahh of course

But its still something that could be done easily here. Ive done the experiment myself at school. So has zero value as an experiment or proof IMO.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

It wasn't an "experiment"!!

It was a demonstration.

So...you've used a normal flacon feather, say 8-9 inches long, held it horizontally, and dropped it in the Earth's atmospere and it fell with no air resistance???

What kind of school you going to, mate???

[edit on 17 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Obviously a better one than you did ..

I said in a VACUUM..

You take an air tight tank and pump the air out and then drop a feather and it falls like a stone. NASA had plenty of large air tight rooms that they could fake this in.

- as this demonstrates nothing we cant do or haven't seen here on earth its pointless as a demonstration also..

Here is some video of them throwing stuff about... as you can see noting goes any further than we can throw stuff on earth. So nothing extraordinary here...just slowed down video.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Before all the Ostriches get too excited, there are lots of verifiable, 100% genuine copies of the Moon landings, NASA just went ahead and lost the original tape, THEIR original tape, lots of others exist.

I've always felt that the scale of the achievement we made in putting men on the Moon just surpasses the ability of some people to come to terms with the enormity of it all, it's just easier to say "it's fake" and go back to stacking Cheeseits and watching re-runs of Bonanza.

Sadly as time marches on, the numbers will grow, just as with Holocaust deniers.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

NASA had plenty of large air tight rooms that they could fake this in.

Really???

Show some examples of "large air tight rooms" that NASA had.

In fact, show us how 'plentiful' they were!!!
-------
Look at the ways the 'hoax' lovers like to bend and twist...first, you have numerous claims of a "stage set in the desert", then you hav claims "well, you can see a stage hand" or, "you can see lights"...

NOW, you're saying that there were 'plenty' of "large air tight rooms"???

Did these same rooms also simulate 1/6th G, in some magical fashion???

Here....from National Geographic, a nice and simple show that debunks the likes of Ralph Rene and Bill Kaysing.

The lies of those two, among others, are continually re-hashed and re-worked, and whole new generations pick them up, without doing the critical analysis and critical thinking required!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

NOW, you're saying that there were 'plenty' of "large air tight rooms"???

Did these same rooms also simulate 1/6th G, in some magical fashion???

Like i said before they didn't do anything extraordinary to prove they were in low gravity.

I wasn't thinking they did shoot the whole thing in a giant airtight room..but now you mention it i cant see why wouldn't be possible. It might even explain why there wasn't a huge dust cloud created when they landed.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The BBC's aerospace correspondent at the time, Reg Turnill, reported on the Apollo 11 launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and later from mission control near Houston.
here - with the help of archive material from the mission, and the US and UK number one records from that week - he recalls how Nasa rose to the challenge of putting man on the Moon.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Every single one of the Moon hoax "facts" have been disproved time and time again, from the waving flag, to the shadows, to the lethality of the Van Allen radiation belt.

Add to that the fact that we went not once to the Moon but SIX times. So six crews, a total of 18 men were all coerced and/or brainwashed to the extent that not a single one of them has ever even suggested that the landings were fake.

Then of course was the fact that the US believed the Russians were close to achieving the same feat, and would have very quickly discovered any American deceipt during their own visit to the Moon, rendering the reputation of the US an international joke for the rest of time.

I even feel stupid just debating this, to me it's akin to having to prove that the Earth is in fact round and not flat, but sadly it is perhaps a reflection on just how corrupt some people believe our government institutions to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Now that you bring the Russians up, I would like to add that I have always been puzzled why the world leader in space exploration (former USSR) never achieved a Moon landing despite being the first at everything. Could it be that when they saw we were first they said, "what's the point, the Americans have already won" and dropped their whole program, as they did with the Cold War when we "proved" we could build an air force out of wood (Spruce Goose)?

Or is the other half of the world really that dumb?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maybe the "erased" tapes were used to record music by Macca's replacement after the real Paul died.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Obviously you meant 'manned' moon landing, correct?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am sorry but I don't believe it. It's BS,BS,BS. No body is that stupid
to erase that tape, or to believe that lie. Something's going on.......
I have a rock scientist cousin-in-,law. He went to MIT free, for a graduate
degree.... He's egotistical and very intelligent no way in #### would he
erase an achievement tape like that. . He works for a satellite company,
his christmas form letters are brag sheets. Those types of fellas know it all just ask them.... They think the rest of us are unintelligent sheep.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i think there was something on the raw footage that would spark intrest maybe a fake maybe UFO's or something, either way i dont buy we taped over it with what? the super bowl lol. they really must think were brain dead. no not important just the first human to step on a foreign planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

who still watches Bonanza

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes - like most reasonable people who have posted here I am forced to call this claim to be total and utter B.S.

I personally know people who work at NASA and they have made it clear that not only is NASA knowledge compartmentalized - but that you are held to an incredible high standard for how all of your working hours are spent.

Even minor things do not just "go missing" or "accidentally happen" at NASA - and that's not even considering National Security concerns and standards.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Well said. Could not agree more.

It's just laughable that people continue to believe this was a hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Every single one of the Moon hoax "facts" have been disproved time and time again, from the waving flag, to the shadows, to the lethality of the Van Allen radiation belt.

The moon hoax 'theories' have been rebutted with contradicting 'theories'
In my mind NOTHING has been 'proven.' (40 years later)

Add to that the fact that we went not once to the Moon but SIX times. So six crews, a total of 18 men were all coerced and/or brainwashed to the extent that not a single one of them has ever even suggested that the landings were fake.

Perhaps they might loose their dignity, status and fat pensions.

Then of course was the fact that the US believed the Russians were close to achieving the same feat, and would have very quickly discovered any American deceipt during their own visit to the Moon, rendering the reputation of the US an international joke for the rest of time.

Duh, the moon is a big place. The Russians might have landed thousands of miles away unable to discern if we'd been there or not. Also, the Apollo "landing" sites were hundreds of miles apart.

BTW, their technolgy, Sputnik, Lunokhod etc. was arguably superior to ours.

Russian Spacecraft

I even feel stupid just debating this, to me it's akin to having to prove that the Earth is in fact round and not flat, but sadly it is perhaps a reflection on just how corrupt some people believe our government institutions to be.

I you feel stupid, don't let me stop you.

What I detest is people who frequent conspiracy sites, then complain about discussions of conspiracy. Kinda like a wino at an AA meeting.

BTW, I am a fence sitter. That's why I'm here. You've offered NOTHING
to convince me otherwise.

Regards...KK

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The moon hoax 'theories' have been rebutted with contradicting 'theories'

No....while the hoax advocates only had 'theories' (wouldn't even qualify as actual theories in a scientific sense, more like uneducated guesses) the rebuttals were in hard, factual science and easily demonstrated to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

Perhaps they might loose their dignity, status and fat pensions.

Bollocks!! One has already died. Their 'pensions' are secure. You're grasping at straws, mate.

Duh, the moon is a big place. The Russians might have landed thousands of miles away unable to discern if we'd been there or not.

Irrelevant. The LAUNCH is what's going to be noticed, and the subsequent flight to the Moon. The USSR did not have a viable heavy-lift rocket system...they kept blowing up in testing.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now how do you erase and re use the originals but then get newly restored copies that look better than the original?

how would they even know? the originals aren't there for comparison.

This smells more like a cop out, to me. Frankensense nails it with his sarcastic response. It is inconcievable that this could have happened, and is likely just a way to shut people up on the issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Really???
Show some examples of "large air tight rooms" that NASA had.

Okey Dokey

Here is the door...

There was a picture of an ancient one from NACA that was in one of the old John Lear threads can't find it right now

In fact, show us how 'plentiful' they were!!!

Okey Dokey

here is another one at NASA Goddard facility

Another huge one...

Ah here is one of the old ones...

BIG PICTURE

Look at the ways the 'hoax' lovers like to bend and twist...first, you have numerous claims of a "stage set in the desert", then you hav claims "well, you can see a stage hand" or, "you can see lights"...

I thinks its your side of the fence that does all the twisting and bending. I have already shown you the stage sets and the crater fields in the desert that they used, problem is you have 'selective vision'

Lights off... background not completely 'cleaned'

Looks a lot like this one
keithlaney.net...

in which we see this...

So either that is a spaceship watching them or its a background piece they forgot to edit

Lights back on...

Crater Field blasted by the USGS in Cinder Lake Arizona

Studio at Langley being reused to show how it was done in a new IMAX movie

Green screen back drop

A little gravity help...

Presto chango Buzz once again steps onto the moon 2005

Gravity simulation...

When they showed us these images they were doing flips and summersaults. The stuff we see on the Moon tapes is easily no less that half G Listen to them panting and struggling

[edit on 17-7-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join