It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Here is a smoking gun.

In this video they are talking about these still photo and video footage anomalies and they show a video clip taken one day.. note the landscape with rocks in the foreground very clear.. then a couple of days later here they are miles away at a different location - and the landscape is the exact same.. in every detail.. so much so they superimpose one on the other and yep.. exact match. This was clearly faked.. no other conclusion can be arrived at even by the most ardent moon landing believer.

www.youtube.com...

If you listen to the NASA guys reasons he always sidesteps the issue and does not answer the hoax points with true science.

The more I learn the more I believe either we did not go to the Moon or at least the photos and video was faked.

Thanks for this SMOKING GUN!

NASA LIES! NASA LIES ABOUT EVERITHING!

I wonder and wonder to all of you: why to give billions and billions of dollars to a federal Space Agency as NASA that spends this money in order not to introduce, but in order to hide the truth to the American tax payers and to the world?

They use great part of the federal budget in order TO HIDE what they already know.

It is right?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

It's not an exact match, and if those hills were far away there wouldn't be a large change if the camera only moved some hundreds of metres in that direction.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by frankensence

I have to tell you, it took me a while to grasp that this is irony. Actually i was considering a pretty poisonous response , for a while
And while i do not support people who think that NASA did not land its astronauts on the moon, i actually start thinking that original movie could indeed be lost, on the landing due to malfunction. And they had to film the thing on Earth in studio. Otherwise erasing "small step for man, giant leap for mankind" original is much much worse then smashing satellite into Mars because foots are not meters.

Newly (reportedly) discovered NASA tape marked "..not for general public distribution" shows them apparently faking shots of the earth. Video shows they were in low earth orbit while claiming to be approaching the moon.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am 100% convinced the videos were Not erased and they still exist.
( from link posted by the OP)
www.reuters.com...

" NASA admitted in 2006 that no one could find the original video recordings of the July 20, 1969, landing.

Since then, Richard Nafzger, an engineer at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, who oversaw television processing at the ground-tracking sites during the Apollo 11 mission, has been looking for them.

The good news is he found where they went. The bad news is they were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed -- magnetically erased -- and re-used to save money.
"The goal was live TV," Nafzger told a news conference.
"We should have had a historian running around saying 'I don't care if you are ever going to use them -- we are going to keep them'," he said.
They found good copies in the archives of CBS news and some recordings called kinescopes found in film vaults at Johnson Space Center. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~

There has never been a time in history since the so called " moon landing " that NASA was underfunded and simply didn't have money for tapes.

Why would they think the public would believe this? The answer is because for a few years in the 70's it was common practice of some TV studios, namely the BBC to erase tapes to reuse. Unlike NASA the BBC did not have a huge multi-billion dollar budget handed to them from the government.

Dr. WHO (a BBC production) was effected by this erasing of tapes. Dr. Who was canceled in '89 and revived in 2005 - one year before this NASA news about the erased moon footage. In 2005 there was renewed interest in the story of how the BBC erased the tapes due to the popularity of the new Dr. Who Tv show. This issue was widely discussed on news and entertainment forums of many types, Internet, TV and Radio - all over the world.

Science fiction fans and Space enthusiasm go hand in hand. I believe NASA took its clue from this story in the news at the time, as it would not seem so far fetched to the casual person.

This group of us here on ATS are Not causal people. There is no way we are going to believe that NASA would be so careless with such a National Treasure.

Now the good news is the copies at CBS. Of course we can't produce negatives from this to examine but we could study the original footage in light of things like the Front Screen Projection theory. If anyone knows where I can find these archives to download please let me know.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Personally I think they just said that so they could laugh at all the conspiracy theorists reactions. I probably would have done the same thing even though I'm a conspiracy realist.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The best leed to date is from Mr Bob Dean's explanation at the European Exopolitics Summit Barcelona,25 July 2009, that

"a Japanese space agency signed a contract to buy Copy's of Every picture NASA took during the Apollo program"

(click to open player in new window)

Zelong.

[edit on 12/11/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
NASA has released the final report on the investigation of the missing Apollo 11 tapes. Here is a link:

www.nasa.gov...

Unfortunately, this is a very typical example of government records storage and handling. There are numerous similar stories of rare and one-of-a-kind records being lost forever through carelessness and neglect.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I read this thread and didn't see any references to John Sarkissian. He is an Operations Scientist at the CSIRO Parkes who was involved in the track down of these missing & deleted tapes. Source: www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/people/sar049/

The investigative trail leads straight to Goddard and then a bit later NASA caved and gave us the bad news that they were gone forever. FOREVER!....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join