It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't know if this is real but if it is it's kind of funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I wish people would drop the whole Apollo mission was a fake.

But as far as the tapes go i would see it more as a cover up to not show what could of been captured on it while they were on the moon, that makes more sense.

I find it highly unlikely that footage of the apex at the time of space travel/NASA ; "One small step for man and on giant leap for mankind" would just be missplaced or erased and used again....

This coupled with all the irregular activity that has been documented that NASA does is doing just doesnt sit right with me, as far as i am concerned there is something fishy going on.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Krypto69]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You have to see these beatiful high-res Apollo 11 pictures
www.boston.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by eyeswilldeceive

I never believed in a moon landing conspiray until now,when the some of the most famous footage ever recorded in history apparently accidentally gets erased.

Can we please stop beating this horse? It's dead already, and is not coming back to life.

Again, to repeat, the story is referring ONLY to the Apollo 11 video. The very idea of live video from the Moon was sort of a last-minute afterthought. This is 1969!!!

NO VCRs

NO DVDs

The 8-Track tape had just come out, it was supposed to be cool!

Keep mindful of the historical perspective, folks. And, recall there was plenty of video, live video, from subsequent missions.

So there wasn't a short-sleeved white-shirtednerd at NASA who thought ahead to save the Apollo11 tapes!?! They had plenty of better-looking footage, in color...it's only later, with the 'conspiracies' being talked about, that the issue comes up!!!

It was stupid, and showed a lack of thinking, but to say that it was done 'intentionally', in 1969, just to 'cover' something is just way out there.....

This.

Have to say people forget what the technology of the time was, and the reuse of tapes was S.O.P.

All manner of historical records are lost now because of this -standard-operating-procedure , not just the Lunar landing in question.

Sure the Lunar landings were historic but it does not suprise me in the least that the original tapes were erased so they could record the next mission and save some cash. Lets not forget folks that Nasa is perpetually hounded on the budget front and called out on any percieved excess.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe they should've used clay tablets.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

a complete digital make-over of the original landing footage

I hope they use Spielburg this time...that would rock.

Totally over the old footage...whomever directed it wasnt all that great

Wonder if someone taped pr0n over it

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zorgon

16 mm film from inside? not sure I have ever seen that before.

Not sure of the camera...darn, wish you knew of it!!

It might not have been 11...but it sure looked like a camera was mounted to look out one of the forward windows...

edit:

Found this on the trusty ole' YT:
(sequence I remember starts at 3:20)

What say everybody?????

[edit on 16 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

Hi Weed, I lean more towards the side that they did land on the moon. Whether or not they were able to film whilst being there is where I have doubts. I'm sure the American government and Nasa knew that going to the moon and been unable to film it was a pointless activity for publicity reasons more than anything. The whole reason they went to the moon for Worldwide Publicity The chances of camera malfunctions had the American Government crapping themselves. This is were I believe the decision was made to make a Fake Video as a precautionary measure. (I would have anyway!!). So I think its possible to that some of the fake footage was used for the "live" broadcast or maybe it all was
( Maybe the fake was better than the original? )

Losing /erasing the originals does not happen by accident!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krypto69
I wish people would drop the whole Apollo mission was a fake.

I think you posted that on the wrong forum.

This ATS, the conspiracy site.

NASA hold their own forums somewhere else I should imagine...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I got the impression only the truely fringe elements of the conspiracy community holds onto the idea that the moon landing is a hoax. Just about everything you can bring up has been nuked.

I thought we moved on and now are the...well, the issue is that NASA is being deceptive in covering up the ancient structures, UFOs, etc that were on it (as the astronauts were saying while on the moon).

and wtf was that music they heard on the backside of the moon during flyover..how the hell could they hear anything...has there ever been a thread on the music reported from behind?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

Of those photos you linked to - the most amusing, by far, is #4 of Neil Armstrong bailing out of a crashed and burning Lunar Lander.

No astronaut was ever able to successfully pilot the lunar lander on Earth. Yet, they still had the confidence to continue with the mission ... not knowing how well the machine would function or hold up on the moon.

Unprecedented.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I cant find the preview film at the link provided.

The most important video footage ever taken wiped out? lol

All you people who think the moon landing happened just think for a moment. Do you think its coincidence that there are soooo many anomalies that need to explained? Havent you noticed that most of the anomalies only start once they get out of earth orbit?

Lets face it there has never been a case of so much flimsy evidence put forward to try and prove something as there has been in the moon landings. There is no way any of it would stand up in court as all the evidence presented FOR the moon landings comes from NASA itself. With no independent oversight for the entire venture it would have been more than easy to produce a 400 billion dollar movie ( Even if the special FX were very poor ). Some of the explanations NASA has put forwards have taken them 30yrs to think up.

As soon as NASA has people in 0 Gravity they had them messing about with things like water on cam to prove they were in 0 gravity.They proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that they were in real 0 gravity ( I know 0grav can be simulated by a falling plane but the effect it produces is very unstable) .But when they got to the surface of the moon they didn't do anything extraordinary at all that i know of.

- Whats the one thing any guy would do if they had a chance to walk on the moon?
- They would pick up a heavy rock and throw it..to see how far it would go. I don't remember seeing that.

Did anyone see ANYTHING that couldn't have been reproduced in a movie set or low earth orbit at that time?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shockme

www.rense.com...

Every assertion in that piece is incorrect, has been shown to be incorrect many, many times. It is an indication of the deceit inherent in the "hoax" believers, or just plain stupidity.

I lump Bart Sibrel and David percy in those same categories....

EDIT: I removed the ['img'] tags so everyone can see the source....rense!!!

Should be 'nuf said, once you consider the source.

[edit on 17 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I got the impression only the truely fringe elements of the conspiracy community holds onto the idea that the moon landing is a hoax.

So if 99% percent of the population believed that the world was flat, then the world was flat?

Just about everything you can bring up has been nuked.

The Moon conspiracy has a balanced response, both for and against.

It is opinion whether you want to believe it or not.

I am open to the idea that we didn't go just as much as I am open to the idea that we did.

I thought we moved on and now are the...well, the issue is that NASA is being deceptive in covering up the ancient structures, UFOs, etc that were on it (as the astronauts were saying while on the moon).

The idea that we went to the Moon and found inhabitants, or evidence of inhabitants, is fascinating and is as equally valid as we did go, we didn't go and the Moon has an atmosphere you could walk in wearing jeans and a t-shirt and no breathing gear

and wtf was that music they heard on the backside of the moon during flyover..how the hell could they hear anything...has there ever been a thread on the music reported from behind?

Spooky stuff indeed and was discussed here

[edit on 17/7/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Did anyone see ANYTHING that couldn't have been reproduced in a movie set or low earth orbit at that time?

Yes.

But when they got to the surface of the moon they didn't do anything extraordinary at all.

Wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

like what then?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Feather and hammer dropped at the same time,there are vids floating on youtube and other sites

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Thats a good one.. but if the feather was weighted or not even a real feather then it would have fallen at the same speed.

This could also be reproduced on earth by performing the experiment in a vacuum. its only air resistance that slows the feather up. I remember doing the experiment at school. So i don't know what they were trying to prove by doing that in the first place as Its a provable fact here on earth.

- also its crazy they took a hammer to prove that. They could have used a moon rock and not had the extra weight to carry.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
- also its crazy they took a hammer to prove that. They could have used a moon rock and not had the extra weight to carry.

Don't forget...

...these are the guys that performed the incredible feat of travelling to and walking on the Moon, recording the whole lot and then recording over the original tapes...

...and then recorded over the backup tapes.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

There is no use trying to convince the layperson who only allows the schlock from the likes of "hoaxer" mindsets enter inito the equation.

BUT...the actual video footage shows a vacuum environment, and non-Earth gravity. Unfortunately, the efforts of Hollywood movies over the last several decades have led to a false impression...people think that activities in space should look like they do in the movies...when, in fact, the movies can't come anywhere close, without resorting to CGI.

OH, Ron Howard did a fine job in Apollo 13, and it's commendable, because he spent the extra money to take a filming set up in a "Vomit Comet" and shoot actual 'zero-g' sequences. But, there are limitations --- each period of 'weightlessness' lasts only about 40 seconds or so, so in order to get a lot of footage they had to do it repeatedly, many times, over several days. I'm sure it was uncomfortable for everyone, but the use of clever editing put it together to look seamless.

BUT, as to the Apollo EVA films, with the movements of the Astronauts, the Rovers, the soil....as it was kicked, and thrown about....there is just no way to simulate all of that in an Earth atmosphere.

You will recall, even though the EVA schedules were very tight and busy, they allowed a few moments to demonstrate, using a falcon feather and a hammer, that those both dropped at the same speed, in the vacuum on the Lunar surface. Apollo 15 had dubbed the LM 'Falcon', hence the falcon feather.

Really, if one was serious, there is plenty of information to research this stuff. What is a shame is that the 'hoax' crap comes up first, usually, in Google searches.

Barnum and Bailey must be laughing at all the suckers who buy that junk!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

*sigh*

They had TOOLS with them on EVERY mission!!! Including hammers!!!

See, they actually USED hammers!

It isn't that difficult to figure out...trying to come up with a counter reason each time is just sad, really.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join