It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What is the resolution in that Eros image?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Careful, to much information can be addictive, supply only what is needed when its needed.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I guess we'll never know the truth until we can all go up to the moon ourselves. For now we have to take someones word for it, videos and pictures can be faked and misleading, we all know that, people can be bought or threatened to keep silenced. I don't see why people have such a hard time questioning the fact that we "walked on the moon". How can you trust anything that comes out of the governments(or any government entitys) mouth. I literally cried when I read about the moon landings possibly being a hoax. I couldn't believe that I could have been lied to at school but then again, most of the stuff we learn about is all fabricated anyhow so why should the moon be any different? Its hard to grasp but its a possibility. I have no trust in the system NASA is part of the system.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Careful, to much information can be addictive, supply only what is needed when its needed.

I actually agree... and perhaps its time I go back to rebuilding the Dream before its to late...

But look at it this way...

They killed Kennedy..

Who? well what does it matter who? What would we do about it?

They took down the twin towers...

Who? It was 8 years ago already... If it was terrorists, we have already blasted two countries into the stone age who had nothing directly to do with it... If it was the Gov... what could we do about it" Rebel? And they what? total collapse of the system?

In the end all we ever do is talk and debate and argue...

For a few the search for info is fun... but yes you get overload and then you don't sleep... but who really listens to what you say anyway? Just a handful who already know the truth.

In the end it doesn't make any difference

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

but who really listens to what you say anyway? Just a handful who already know the truth.

In the end it doesn't make any difference

There are those who watch and watch carefully, this i assure you. You never know what offer may lie around the corner, for when the moment comes it will be a moment like no other.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
wow. an orginazation such as nasa, who has the smartest scientist around workin for em, best trained personnel there could be, i mean they have to be good hell they work for nasa, accidentily erases tapes??????
what a load of crap people. what better of a story to put out when we all are getting suspicious about why they had so many edited out portions of the tapes. about whats really out there that they know about. hmmm lets tell em we are retards and erased em by accident!!! whatever

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Walls have ears, ceilings have eyes. But in space no one can hear you scream.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol at the Apollo 17 landing site
www.nasa.gov...

Where are the Lunar rover tracks?
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

In the 1970s and 80s NASA had a shortage of the tapes. It erased about 200,000 of them and reused them. The Apollo 11 footage is thought to have been wiped out. But NASA has now managed to restore television video copies of what Apollo 11 beamed back to Earth and now, for the first time, it has been revealed that Australia may have recorded a second set of the original broadcast.

Source

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

There are those who watch and watch carefully, this i assure you. You never know what offer may lie around the corner, for when the moment comes it will be a moment like no other.

It is that belief that brought me here

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I guess I’ve been so far in the other direction I could not see the sense of this thread. As an objective person I have watched many of the conspiracy-laced moon landing theories of faked film and broadcast. I watched and scrap-booked the whole Gemini-Apollo program as it happened as a kid. As most, if not all we did not question the validity of anything at that time. Yet, as I read more, I listened.

I still believe we were on the Moon. I can believe some was faked, but in order to cover up what we found and the public’s expectations of regular transmissions needing “filler” while the actual feed was too secret. The missing tapes were either taken, or hidden for this too I believe. So, an opposite take from the countering group of doubters.

In fact, I believe the space program never stopped. It just went black.

I will tell you why I do not think they want us to really look into this. You can maybe guess? How about after Apollo 17, things got too weird.

After Apollo 17

Look at some of these videos and tell me with a straight face that some very talented videographers spent tons of money acquiring or remaking the Apollo hardware and hundreds of hours and using special effects they could otherwise make millions on if sold to video software publishers as filters and plug-ins or producing Sci-Fi movie effects to instead simply put low resolution YouTubish clips of faked moon video log exploration after Apollo 17, of 3, Yea, right. And the Moon is made of government cheese too. Or there were many more additional secret moon missions launched from Vandenberg to explore what they found on Apollo 17 and subsequent mission reconnaissance videos.

I've been to a Titan missle launch at Vandenberg. You could launch a Saturn V (biggest rocket for US Space program to date) back then (1960-70s) and it would not have been seen by anyone outside the base. Back then the area was even less populated and against the Pacific ocean. All they have to say is that the launch was a scheduled missile test.

Now we have such Launch Facilities in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska too. I have an old college buddy who is in the launch pad crew for such. No one see’s operations there but crews. Whole secret cities are up there some say further out of any populated areas for a secret space program.

Maybe we are way beyond the moon, and the more we pay attention to that, the safer the real programs are that are many decades in advance.

You want conspiracy? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Plenty of evidence for that too, and I’m not talking SERPO either.

ZG

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This thread is incredible. I really liked the Hammer/Feather video. I leaned in the opposite direction when I saw the giant anti-atmosphere chambers. Then I leaned back again in the completely opposite direction when I saw the video talking about the hammer falling slowly at the speed it should for a 1/6 gravity environment.

I REALLY liked Tristar's video of the white dot. What is that an image of? Does anyone know what it is supposed to be?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I don't know what it supposed to be but it looks like a reflection on the helmet to me.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

This is the link to the video he posted. I am not sure how this could be a reflection off a helmet. It is definitely something else.

OOPS I Replied to his link lol. Here is his link.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's what I thought for 14 years, and the silence is still deafening.

You and I, we work on both ends of the spectrum, you with spectacular popular science, and I with the theoretical, in the age of fakery.

Space Age, its the Fake Age. This is how history shall judge us.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I see it this way, and this is fact not speculation. There is a very good argument on each side. From where I sit, there is no absolute proof either way. Im sorry but there is not.

I know all there is to know on this subject and I must admit that the path is cloudy on each side. We must agree to to not be able to share others view points on this topic if we are to remain civil because there is evidence both ways.

Im not quite sure on what side of the fence I land, I am a skeptic at heart about this but I can't deny the things that don't feel right on both sides. I would suggest that we are unable to know the truth at this time and fighting about it is futile.

There is no absolute proof either way, that is fact. No one side can claim fact or absolution, this is the only thing I know for sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
ONLY A SIMPLE QUESTION FOR NASA PEOPLE: "WHY"?

THE ANSWER FROM NASA: "THE ORIGINAL FOOTAGE WAS TOO CLEAR".

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Taymour]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Taymour]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why does Nasa delete the biggest moment in history?

Why was the Apollo 1 astronauts not saved?

How can the austronauts survive in space with all the radiation from the sun, and the 200 degrees, when their only protection was a thin layer aluminium folie?

Why is there an area in Area 51 that looks like the Moon?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

This video:

www.revver.com...

Has been discussed ad nauseum and debunked, here on ATS!!!

NOW....as to the ability to re-create some instrument panels and make them look authentic, there are plenty of references. You could just rent Ron Howard's movie "Apollo 13" for good examples, or if you had money, go shopping at this place:

spacetoys.com...

Your space launch facility in Kodiak, Alaska ain't entirely top-secret, is it? Just off the top of my head, frm such a Northerly location, they are limited to lighter payloads, probably focusing on more Polar orbit inclinations.

NOW...if you want to find some secret launch facilities in the Pacific...away from prying eyes...THEN we'd have some conspiracies to talk about!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taymour

THE ANSWER FROM NASA: "THE ORIGINAL FOOTAGE WAS TOO CLEAR".

Source please?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join