It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Will Seek Massive $540 Billion Tax Increase

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Anyone remember Clinton's failed Luxury tax?? It was a complete disaster. The luxury boat industry tanked. Highly skilled craftsmen lost their jobs and companies closed their doors. The wealthy simply closed their wallets. Case closed.

If you keep hitting this population with "punitive taxes" the end result will be the same.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
All of this and what is our media paying attention to? Plain, Bush and Republicans on a daily basis. Its almost as if Democrats never took the reins.

Just look at ATS's little MSNBC banner. Its constantly spewing propaganda meant to distract from what Democrats are doing.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

What are you talking about Audas, common, have you taken into consideration the type of idea for national health care that Obama is proposing read my lips, it has nothing to look like the universal health are that other countries have.

Is a hoax and illusion model to the ideal of Kennedy's remedy to scrap more money from tax payers while keeping the big interest happy.

Don't you get it, big interest in the US rules government you can not go around them because our entire government system is corrupted.

How can you force a person to take a pay cut without, thinking that the person have financial obligations, money allocated to bills, expenditures, that already we are in an economic crisis and everybody is feeling the pinch in their pockets.

Do you think is ok for my family to suffer a pay cut and forget our obligations?.

Is ok to have less money to pay our established bills, mortgage, food and other expenses?

What should we give away first, the mortgage payment?

Think before you talk please, not ever body that is getting
cuts makes 250.000 dollars a year.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Exactly, Obama has increased government at a rate that put Bushes to shame in only 7 months of his reign.

How in the heck he is going to finance that unsustainable government budget if is now gouging everybody he can and while cutting salaries to support his well pay associates he surrounds himself with.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

You are in the working poor class you don't pay taxes you get tax refunds my friend, so all those social programs are pay by people that makes more than you.

When everybody starts to fall into the working poor in the nation guess what is no going to be taxable income to pay for Obamas health care reform and neither for all the food stamps that people in the working poor class with families get.

Lord have mercy on people's mind, because they have not clue sometimes what they are talking about.

Then again no everybody have knowledge of how economics work in a nation that is supporter by consumerism.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

If this kind of thing was proposed in the UK I really hope people would riot over it, its just amazing these politicians continue to get away with pile driving your economy into the ground.

Surely what is needed is a scaling back of all these government programs, a simplification if you will, reducing the national debt back down to manageable levels, cutting back taxes and shrinking the government bureaucracy.

Maybe its too naive/simple an idea to really work but something needs to change in the USA/UK to break out of this destructive process.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Anyone remember Clinton's failed Luxury tax?? It was a complete disaster. The luxury boat industry tanked. Highly skilled craftsmen lost their jobs and companies closed their doors. The wealthy simply closed their wallets. Case closed.

If you keep hitting this population with "punitive taxes" the end result will be the same.

This isn't a political issue. This is a government class issue.
Most of the people in here are so pulled into the Republican/Democratic finger pointing..."hello" they can't even see what is going on right under their own nose.
For a top ruling class to truely rule. They have to create a gap between them and their closest class i.e. the upper and rich class.
The "wealthy" are just that the "rich" also have a class then you have upper middle class, normal middle class. lower etc, etc...
The "wealthy" which are people who are tied directly into D.C. via.. congress men senators etc. Are controlling the strings to create a ruling class by creating a gap between them and the rich. You can get sucked into this political finger pointing all you want. But regardless when is the last time you seen a "everyday" Joe get elected into a major office? You can't cause they have set it up to keep normal people out. Look at all the hoops you have to jump through to even be considered to run for "any " office. This isn't about party it's about becoming a slave. People have got to stop thinking in terms of republican and democrat and wake up to your wages being used to foot a whole different way of life by our elected officials and the people that put them in power. It's a smoke screen a slight of hand trick on a global scale.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

We are BOTH... I assume you are using a computer which is the result of hundreds of thousands of minds worth of time, energy and money. But that computer is yours
regardless of who invented it.

Do you need a computer to live? No, you don't. People are perfectly capable of going to live in the woods on their own, growing their own food making their own shelter ect.

They worked together towards a common goal, our society is an extension of this.
I agree, throw out the corporations that make the "peoples rules" via influence, throw out the corrupted politicians and lets start over. But if you forgo the first step the second step will not work.

The common goal was to survive. The Native Americans had this saying called "chew the leather". What they would do is when somebody was old and they thought they were holding them back, they would give them a piece of leather. They would put the leather between their teeth and if they could chew it, then they were allowed to stay. If they couldn't they would be left behind.

That is the way it should work with all these people on government assistance, minus the mentally and physically disabled. If you refuse to work when you are able to then to bad.

I didn't say any system could, what I think is that placing all of ones efforts towards
conserving power and amassing of money is exactly what we have been doing and it isn't working anymore.I see a different set of priorities. NONE OF US MAKE IT OUT ALIVE.

That is the way it will be in every system. The Wealth will always flow to the top. Some business owner will want to start a business and he just happens to know Joe Politician, Joe Politician will help the person out because he owes him a favor. The Wealth will always flow to the top. The only way we are going to survive is when people stop relying on the government and pushing for a government that will do the things that they are perfectly capable of doing on their own.

What is truly free in YOUR words??? What?

I am free right now, I could go get a glass of water or cap myself with the same amount of effort. I am just as pro people as you, but I think you see man made entities as people, once again it is INDIVIDUALS who assume the role of something larger.
But a company is not a person, can't kill em, feed em or talk to em.

What is free? Me being able to walk down the street and sell items or a service without most of my hard work and money earned by the work going to the government. Without me having to go and spend way more money cutting through all the red tape to start a business. The ability to be able to go buy a track of land and build a house on it, without having to pay property taxes and get a building permit.

The ability for me to defend myself without having to worry about if I'm breaking some obscure law, that infringes on my second amendment. The ability to go and get a job without a background check, without them checking my credit history.

Me being able to open up a bank account without my name being run through the DHS database to see if any "red flags" pop up. Me being able to go to the doctor without having to sign the part that says the government can come in and request my medical records just because they want too.

Me being able to go to a foreign country and bring back Cuban cigars. And any other number of things that are against the law here.

And yes you can "kill" a business. It's real simple. You stop giving them business. If the business is not making profit then the business will close. It is yours and mine responsibility to make sure corporations do not get so big that they can buy the government.

I know, and I think you should consider the nature of modern big business and it ultimate effect on the peoples house...

Explain, because I don't see what you are getting at with this.

you may be right... But I hope you don't assume that people enjoy being in such a position. Remember this downturn was initiated by private business gone WILD,
it was not the government or the people who forced them to over leverage and cook the books. They lobbied to repeal the GSA, succeeded and preceded to fook things up full steam ahead. The government sat on their knuckles and here we are...
But don't forget who influenced who to loosen restrictions and what ideology believes in such practices.

It was a combination of both ideologies. The Community Reinvestment Act signed by Carter then given more teeth by Clinton is what allowed these banks to lend to people with out the income. Then it was ACORN that in many cases forced these banks to make these bad loans by storming the bank and threatening to make these loans.

Then the repeal of Glass Steagall allowed banks to own other financial institutions. Back in 2003 they wanted to investigate Fannie and Freddie but Barney Frank(D) told them everything was find everything was fine don't worry about it.

Both ideologies are failures. Governments are corrupt always have been and always will be. The people in government will always be looking out for themselves. Nothing is going to change that.

You can not delegate your responsibility of making sure the government doesn't get out of hand to the government. It is literally asking the bank robber to investigate the bank that he robbed.

That is what we are going through now. Both the D's and the R's are in cahoots. The D's are the chairmen of the Ways and Means Committee, the D's head up the Banking and Finance Committee.

They are the ones charged to order investigations if something is not going right. They have failed. Now they want to push through all these bills that are going to tax us out of house and home.

They have to pay for all this new spending and even if they tax the "rich" 100% it will not be enough to pay for it all. This "surtax" is just another way for them to cement their power.

Like I said they want everybody dependent.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Atlas Shrugged is playing out in real life it seems. Sure it doesn't seem like that much on an increase, but it is the fact that taxes are getting increased on a certain segment of the population, which if I'm not mistaken is unconstitutional.

Looks like the Dem's are moving full steam ahead on their agenda of punishing the successful and rewarding the failures.

This is only going to make all of suffer more. When the people making decent money decide to cut back it is going to throw the market into a frenzy. Not the stock market but the goods and services market. :shk:

Let's GO GALT

At least 3 great fiction novels are becoming reality:
1984 - Patriot Act, ID Cards, ID Chips, widespread traffic surveillance
Brave New World - approx. 1/5 of population on anti-psychotics, "vaccines"
Atlas Shrugged - Cap & Trade, "spread the wealth"

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I'm already doing my part, not by choice either. Trying to find a job where I am is an awfully daunting task right now.

Then every time these hair-brained ideas come out of this good for nothing congress and administration just makes things worse.

I swear I think they are trying to destroy this country intentionally.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

YOU AMERICANS CRACK ME UP. yOU ALLOW YOUR GOVERNMET TO TAX THE DEATH OUT OF YOU AND BANKRUPT YOUR COUNTRY, BUT YOU STILL OK MR OBAMA AND YOUR GOVERNMENT TO KEEP SPENDING BILLIONS IN IRAQ AND AFGANHISTAN AND WHERE EVER TO PROTECT WHAT? WOULDN'T GETTING RID OF ALL NEWLY LANDED IMMIGRANTS AND PUTTING UP NO ENTRANCE BORDERS BE CHEAPER? STAND UP TO OBAMA AND TELL HIM TO GET ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST BEFORE THEIR TIME IS UP AND THEY BECOME A STATISTIC OF HIS POWER RAGE LIKE BUSH.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Cap and trade is a hoax based on global warming, which does not exist ans has been disputed by many scientist. Global warming is on it's way folks....hide and flipping watch. Look up global cooling for dummies for more info.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigandRich

YOU AMERICANS CRACK ME UP. yOU ALLOW YOUR GOVERNMET TO TAX THE DEATH OUT OF YOU AND BANKRUPT YOUR COUNTRY, BUT YOU STILL OK MR OBAMA AND YOUR GOVERNMENT TO KEEP SPENDING BILLIONS IN IRAQ AND AFGANHISTAN AND WHERE EVER TO PROTECT WHAT? WOULDN'T GETTING RID OF ALL NEWLY LANDED IMMIGRANTS AND PUTTING UP NO ENTRANCE BORDERS BE CHEAPER? STAND UP TO OBAMA AND TELL HIM TO GET ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST BEFORE THEIR TIME IS UP AND THEY BECOME A STATISTIC OF HIS POWER RAGE LIKE BUSH.

And what great country would you be from??? Your government dont tax you?? Please i wanna live there

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Exactly, Obama has increased government at a rate that put Bushes to shame in only 7 months of his reign.

Well let me put it this way if you go to Zimbabwe today and ask the locals today who would they prefer as there leader Ian Smith or Robert Mugabe ?
Anybody not under duress would answer Ian Smith . Now in economic terms people may come to prefer Bush to Obama . Now if that isnt scary I don't know what is .

How in the heck he is going to finance that unsustainable government budget if is now gouging everybody he can and while cutting salaries to support his well pay associates he surrounds himself with.

IMO the US deficit spending is designed to be unsustainable in order to devalue the US dollar and bring out the circumstances that would allow for the creation of the North American Union and currency .

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Then YOU can pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join