It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I do have to say that when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor it was a Military hard target.

But

They did random aerial bombing with balloons against the U.S.

But

I believe that the attacks were largely infective.

We did not nuke the military bases.

We vaporized the civilian cities.

That is pretty freaking hardcore.

Then again is was a war in Europe of mass carpet bombing that we were used to fighting between all sides using random artillery strikes against cities and aerial bombardment against cities.

It was a type of military combat we were used to fighting with Germany
and it's allies in Europe for some time.

It did not take very much for us to apply that same strategy to Japan.

BUT

Judging from the attacks that the Japanese used on the Chinese during that same era we can lend no leniency towards Japan being civilized in war and only attacking military targets. They raped the living crap out of the Chinese. They slaughtered them man woman and child.

Japan was not innocent. They were pretty savage.

The ruling this judge hands down is the Nukes were acceptable.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Tomothy Mveigh was a patsy, he didnt do it. The whole thing was a false flag operation. Do some research on it...the whole story stinks and is clear as day when you investigate a bit. There were high-grade military explosives planted in multiple places around the Fed building...but that info was hushed up real quick...not to mention a ton of other things.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Killing innocent people who have no way of defending themselves is what I would call cowardice.

It doesn't take a brave man to be a chicken hawk, and it doesn't take a brave man to stoop to such low levels. It takes a brave man to stand up and do the right thing in the face of such things without resorting to such tactics.

Try reading up on Gandhi, now there is a man in recent history who showed true courage, true bravery and made one hell of a sacrifice.

FYI: You are being controlled by your own hate.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
McVeigh deserves nothing. That's the long and the short of it.

OH, and on killing children and other innocents. It's never ok when they are on our side, but it's ok when they are not on our side. The emotionalism that surrounds it is needless.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but it's threads like these that bring in the wrong element (on multiple levels).

What's next? Hitler deserves a Holiday? You've got to be kidding me.

If anything, I see this thread as a false flag operation. A troll trying to bring heat to a website, akin to undercover police officers starting trouble in a nonviolent protest....

Healthy debate is great, but this is going to fair. Even if you were to believe in similar ideals, this is beyond silly...

And in a odd way, this reminds me of the CIA is on ATS thread... wonder why?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I just think threads like these give the good work we do on ATS a bad name. There is a HUGE archive of valid and credible information on ATS provided by its users. Idiotic threads like these cast a shadow upon those efforts, as it is these stupid threads that other places LIKE NEWS SITES use to characterize the contributors of ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Tim McVeigh was a great patriot and his outrage over waco, ruby ridge and such and wanting to be proactive about it, rather than write what if's on message boards as a majority of the patriot movement does it seems was commendable.

But with that said the action he took was the wrong one. If in fact he really did it and wasn't the patsy as some things may point to him being. So wonderful patriot that if in fact he did that, he should have made sure noone was inside first then took it out as his symbol.

Of course I do not condone violence and the act of killing innocents is despicable. But the act of sending a huge message to the powers that be that it's people when provoked are more powerful than it is, is one I will always support.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by Cito]

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think it is a total waste of time trying to debate this thread with the OP and his many supporters (that would be one then).

Attention seeking, thats all it is, usualy if you ignore it, it goes away.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
HUH??? I am sorry but that is totally screwed up. You must have not been around when all of this stuff REALLY HAPPENED or you would never be saying such things... I guess that is why you had to look Timothy McVeigh up on Wikipedia. It would be like saying that 9/11 was somehow justifed and the people killed were just collateral damage to prove a point.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with the person who started this topic.
It's very obvious the troops over in ALLLL the foreign country's are killing mass amounts of civilians (contrary to what the mainstream media says)
I am not saying all troops are like that, but most are.
And people continue to give there support to all of these wars, is actually quite sick.....I don't understand how people can egg on there own people to kill, cause that is what they are doing, what else? support our troops for what? to get the job done? what job?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
my opinion on 9/11 is they would have sent a much larger message to America without having to kill a single person.

how?
take out the statue of liberty.

symbols such as that send much larger messages, than killing innocent people.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by squidboy

I just think threads like these give the good work we do on ATS a bad name. There is a HUGE archive of valid and credible information on ATS provided by its users. Idiotic threads like these cast a shadow upon those efforts, as it is these stupid threads that other places LIKE NEWS SITES use to characterize the contributors of ATS.

Maybe these threads can be looked at in another light. They serve to expose the hate and ignorance and label it for what it is.
Most replies in this thread condemn McVeigh and disagree with the original poster, a fact that speaks a lot about people on ATS.
Yes, the title of the thread can be used to paint ATS in certain light, you are right about that, but anyone reading further down the thread will see what ATSers truly think.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by laura petrie

I thought that too, until:

You know what I found out about what people do and don't read? Most people read the title of a thread or article and assume they have the idea of the thread down.

I'm a member of deviantART.com. I posted a thread about Goldman Sachs and the systemic risk they pose, as well as their dubious revolving door tactics in government, and I was called an anti-Semite. No one actually read the information in the thread, they just read the word "Goldman" and assumed I was attacking Jews. Now this is more a reflection of their world view than it is mine, but the fact still stands, most people won't scroll down far enough.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This thread should be let to stand exactly the way it is. Remember what the mantra is here?

To deny ignorance, or in other words do our best to eliminate it.

Look at all the posts here that have denied this fool and his ignorance.

I think ATS members should be proud of the overwhelming majority that have stepped up and answered the call to lay waste to his OP.

Plus its a great example of freedom of speech. We dont have the right to stop the OP from stating his opinion, but we do have the right to respond in a ways just as emotional and denounce his shallow philosophy.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
heroes do not bomb daycares.

no cause is so pure as to justify this level of extremism.

everyone else in the building may have been some sort of nwo collaborator but you will have a very hard time convincing anyone that pre-schoolers are somehow complicit.

it doesn't help that Mcveigh was found to be inspired by the turner diaries, a favorite read among right wing extremists.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I guess I'm a right wing extremist then.

course the media says anyone that supports the patriot movement, militia, etc are right wing extremists.

But I truly am one, since I 100% against big government

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But, how do you or anyone else know the outcome if the bombings didn't occur? How do you know that is why Japan surrendered? Maybe it was because USSR declared war with Japan. A lot of what I've read indicates Japan was already pretty much defeated and was about to look for peace through USSR. Many people believe the bombings were not necessary.
reply to post by Nickmare

How do you know that they weren't ready fight to the death?!?! They already had killed hundreds with their "Kamikaze" pilots. A lot of what you read indicates?????? Don't believe everything you read, nothing is truth until it happens. People that write those things can speculate all they want. Bombing Japans military targets would have meant nothing to them. Their military was almost non-existant, yet they still did not surrender. They knew the end was near, but they continued to fight on. I think that the problem lye within the Japanese warrior code that most of these soldiers had taken with them into battle. It is highly probable that it was the reason for the refusal to surrender.

Anyway we're off topic so I'll not reply on WW2 after this post.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I couldn't agree more. And what we really should do, is simply ignore the threads, and have no one reply and not feed into this.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
reply to post by projectvxn

I couldn't agree more. And what we really should do, is simply ignore the threads, and have no one reply and not feed into this.

Yet people keep using this excuse to post trolls against those that you disagree with, people use this same line in every forum to post an opposing view rudely by using veiled doublespeak.

Instead of even posting that people shouldnt post, don't post at all, dont even read the thread. Leave this thread for those that wish to discuss the topics and support parts that we do support that the man was for, such as exposing government lies about waco and ruby ridge in which i support Tim McVeigh 100% but his bombing that he done I do not support at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Timmy V had a lot of the right ideas he just didn't pursue them in the right way. He was actually brilliant and talented at a lot of things but towards the end he got a little crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join