It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
All the posts thus far assume that McVeigh was behind the OKC bombing.

That's not true.

The posts addressed the TOPIC which was giving McVeigh a statue of honor.

If you wish to discuss the fact that McVeigh didn't work alone, then you can start a thread on that topic and I'm sure many people here would agree with it (I would).

Alone or with others .. that's not the topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Just to follow up, before I end up in someones cross hairs LOL....

I am definately NOT for a statue of honor for Timothy McVeigh, My previous post regarding the bombing and involvement in it is an explanation of why I have that opinion..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
32nd Degree masons deserve no honor, unless they disclose the masons, which he didn't. And when you said evily killed I have to disagree with you there. Killing is evil in and of itself.

--------------------------------Exalted Deeds--------------------------------------
Some good characters might view a situation where an evil
act is required to avert a catastrophic evil as a form of martyrdom:
“I can save a thousand innocent lives by sacrificing my
purity.” For some, that is a sacrifice worth making, just as they
would not hesitate to sacrifice their lives for the same cause.
After all, it would simply be selfish to let innocents die so a character
can hang on to her exalted feats.
Unfortunately, this view is ultimately misguided. This line of
thinking treats the purity of the good character’s soul as a commodity
(like her exalted feats) that she can just give up or sacrifice
like any other possession. In fact, when an otherwise good
character decides to commit an evil act, the effects are larger
than the individual character. What the character sees as a personal
sacrifice is actually a shift in the universal balance of
power between good and evil, in evil’s favor. The consequences
of that single evil act, no matter how small, extend far beyond
the single act and involve a loss to more than just the character
doing the deed. Thus, it is not a personal sacrifice, but a concession
to evil, and thus unconscionable.

Good ends might sometimes demand evil means. The means
remain evil, however, and so characters who are serious about
their good alignment and exalted status cannot resort to them,
no matter how great the need.
-------------------------------------Exalted Deeds---------------------------------

Killing is evil, no matter who does it or why they do it. There is always another last resort that can be taken. Evil has been retributed and stands as a living testament to this.

But it is nice of you to think of Tim as a good guy and not some mindless killer portrayed by the media. Do not forget that one face can wear two masks.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 7/12/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you honor Timmy with a statue, then you'll have to honor Clinton and Reno with statues as well, since everybody knows McVeigh was a product of the Clinton/Reno Waco fiasco.

Note to OP, I would suggest you try to stay away from parents who lost their kids in the Oklahoma bombing, if you know what's good for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is no difference in what happened in Oklahoma and what takes place in Iraq right now by suicide bombers, that being indiscriminate killing of innocent people.

I can understand the frustration of a rogue goverment but I can not understand killing innocent Americans in a one man cause. Sorry, I just can't.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Helious]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since a few people have already started to discuss the reasoning given for McVeigh's attack let us look at that.

Let us really examine Waco Texas.

You are talking about a religious leader who was molesting underage females.

Let me repeat it.

Vernon Howell ( Who changed his name to David Koresh)

"Up until then Koresh had been teaching that monogamy was the only way to live, but he suddenly announced that polygamy was allowed for him

lol let us keep going

"In August 1986, Koresh began secretly sleeping with Michele Jones, his wife's younger 12-year-old sister. In September 1986 Koresh began to preach that he was entitled to 140 wives, 60 women as his "queens" and 80 as concubines, which he based upon his interpretation of the Biblical Song of Solomon."

en.wikipedia.org...

Freaking Religious NUTTER!

Good riddance.

And you want to build a statue to someone who supported THAT?

Might as well build a statue to the Terrorists who flew the planes into the World Trade Towers.

A religious nutter is a religious nutter...Muslim Extremist, Seventh Day Adventists Extremist or Atheist Extremist. Religious Nutterdom.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree!!!Tim was a hero and the american people will see this very soon.He is a shining example of what needs to happen to get our country back..amen brother

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He obviously thought he was a hero.

And he blew up a daycare to prove it.

He charred and crushed the bodies of preschoolers, toddlers and babies to prove himself a hero.

If you disapprove of the government, you have the power to disrupt the proceedings. All you need to do is prove your point to enough of the other voting citizens, and all of you vote out both ruling parties and vote for someone else.

You can literally all vote for Elvis and Mickey Mouse.

THAT would have been his responsible manner of making a point. Getting out into the people, and selling it. Saying it. Making it believable, and accessible.

But instead he chose to try and make a point purportedly on your behalf so that he could assuage his guilt, and torched little children. Charred the flesh off their bodies and crushed them beneath rubble.

And you want to OWN this?

Koresh vs. McVeigh is what people are trying to sell you. That it is one or the other. This is a false dictomy.

Someone who is consistent in their integrity can condemn both - for exactly the same thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Tim McVeigh got exactly what he deserved - execution.

Waco was a monstrous disaster, but it doesn't justify blowing up 168 people including a bunch of little kids in daycare.

Absolutely loathsome.

Defend this guy to my face sometime

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sure, they should make several statues of Timothy McVeigh, and they should be made available to the public at several local Oklahoma City area firing ranges for FREE target practice for anyone and everyone.

I think its a great Idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Yeah...let's do that...

Let's indiscriminantly bomb buildings full of innocents just going about their day...along with their children... Remember them? Children. Explain to me, please, how getting our country back involves killing children as a positive aspect...

If "getting my country back" involves killing children, well, maybe it's time for my country to go...

[edit on 7/12/2009 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, maybe not a statue but more recognition for sure. The OKC bombing helped pass legislation they normally wouldn't be able to pass and again not in our favor. And like Oswald, I think Tim was a patsy --they both had the same qualifications --loner, NRA, etc.

There's just something not right about the whole thing and I think is one of the most important conspiracy acts that has shaped this country down the road we're currently going --Orwellian.

The OKC bombing, JFK, Waco, 911, Katrina, stock market crash, global warming and the current economic collapse were carefully planned incidents to enact legislation against the U.S. citizens in various freedoms.

I also don't think it's right that some posters are attacking the OP for his beliefs --it's people like you who are speeding up such legislation as the Hate Crimes bills, and such.

So the OP can burn in hell because he thinks McVeigh may be entitled to a statue, but you shouldn't burn in hell for judging someone by saying they should burn in hell? Get a grip folks --it's his opinion, something we all have.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
Don't know how I stumbled across the profile for Timothy McVeigh at Wikipedia, but after reading about the man's political desire to protect his own fellow Americans, I was amazed to see the truth unfold.

He stood against the war in Iraq that he served as a military soldier for and he stood against the oppression of Americans by their own government.

Then I came across the video they showed at his trial about WACO, and the Davidian victims, and I watched it.
Rules of Engagement

Timothy McVeigh didn't only stand for the innocent women and children who were killed evily in Waco, Texas or the poor girl the sniper killed in Ruby Ridge, he stood for the average American.

Timothy McVeigh fought for America in Iraq, and then he came back and he fought for Americans by killing those Americans who would kill innocent Americans.

Unfortunately, children died in the bombing of Oklahoma City, but just as unfortunately, children died when monsters killed women and children in Waco, Texas.

One man, and only one man vindicated their deaths. One man and only one man stood up and said "blood for blood in honor of fellow Americans".

If people can support the troops who have killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians for oil, then they can support the U.S. soldier who showed the "people who killed their own Americans on their own soil" what patriotism meant.

GWB and Cheney and everyone in the White House can thank God that Mr. McVeigh was executed by lethal injection three months before the Twin Towers were demolished floor by floor with explosives.

If McVeigh went after the killers of the innocent Americans over Waco, Texas, try and imagine what he would have done for Americans in retaliation of the Twin Towers. The man was a symbol for Americans to defy being sacrificed and killed by people in their own government.

There should be a statue in his honor erected. A statue of Timothy McVeigh to remind American citizens of what it takes to remain free of oppression by their own government. And a statue to remind those people in authority who intend to harm their very own citizens of what they can expect when they kill their own.

I stand firm on this post!

Tim McVeign murdered innocent people willfully and intentionally.
His thoughts about the first desert storm, his thoughts about how rough war is in general, his worries about American powermongering means both jack and #...
Many people have been to war for the nation, have come back and spoke out against the atrocities that happen on a daily basis in war
Many people also have fought the government tooth and nail for changes...have brought to light corruption and greed, etc

Tim started on a path of greatness, but then decided to siderail himself by murdering innocents, cold blooded murdering of people...not in a warzone, not for the protection of America...he did it because he catagorically didnt care about America.

Anything Tim tried to work for, to bring light to...the second he detonated those bombs, the entire argument went out the window and everything he thought became useless trivia.

Adolph Hitler talked about creating a perfect race...genetically modified and bred so birth defects, non-desired genes, etc would be eliminated from the human species in a couple generations.
Had he not decided a holocast against jews was a good idea, the debate and discussion would be very open, now its so polluted with his actions that even mentioning using genetic alterations to a fetus for bettering it is still not in discussions..simply for what it is attached to in philosophy.

No, Tim took his protests, his thoughts, and his words and attached it with the symbolism of: Murder innocents until they listen.
He was a terrorist and deserved the only statue he got...a picture of him dying by lethal injection, put down like a wild infected dog...and hopefully the population will forget about him completely so the subjects that interested him are not associated with him in any way.

link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Certainly he's allowed his opinion...right or wrong. Wrong in this case, but that really is neither here nor there...

Conversely, I'm allowed, along with many others, to disagree with him.

link   
So, based on your idea, if you go out and purposefully murder 5000+ people I will be a true hero as well right? And since I will have killed more people, I will wait and make sure my statue is even bigger than McVeigh's.

I mean, I would be doing it in honor of America and I would representing all of those that needlessly died on 9/11. Which, in your sad world, are the only qualifications for becoming a hero.

Then I guess we can add Hitler to your list of heroes as well, since he had political motivations and felt that he was killing people in order to save the "pure" ones.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Who said it was even him who was behind it?

Smells of Government stench.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

Unfortunately, children died in the bombing of Oklahoma City, but just as unfortunately, children died when monsters killed women and children in Waco, Texas.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Ever. Period.

One man, and only one man vindicated their deaths. One man and only one man stood up and said "blood for blood in honor of fellow Americans".

There was a day when "an eye for an eye" was considered justified. Thankfully, we have now been civilized and this is no longer the case.

If McVeigh went after the killers of the innocent Americans over Waco, Texas, try and imagine what he would have done for Americans in retaliation of the Twin Towers. The man was a symbol for Americans to defy being sacrificed and killed by people in their own government.

What would he have done? Killed another 5000 people, brought the death toll of innocent people to 10,000 and proved what? NOTHING. Except now another 5000 people are dead.

How on Earth does killing MORE people make amends for those that were already killed? McVeigh didn't go after terrorists. He didn't go after murderers. He killed children for heaven's sake!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Courtesy is Mandatory, as evidenced by the removed posts in this thread; however, stupidity is optional, as evidenced by the OP and his subsequent postings...

Whatever anyone does, do not tell him about Martin Bryant and the Port Arthur Massacre... He may start calling for a coronation of the creature.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Amen to you Brother!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join