It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

Could it be something like "The needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few."

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know if I would call him a hero but I often wonder what the"other side of the story"is he obviously thought what he was doing was justified.But you never here what his reasons are because he's an enemy of the gov.History is truly written by the victors.How can most people think Hitler was the anti Christ now but back in the day he had a lot of people following him.hmmm kinda like obama????just saying

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
If McVeigh had blown up a building of Law Agents of Afghanistan, you cowards would all agree with McVeigh. Simply because it was the US government and you are too scared to applaud his avenging US victims of Waco.

Bottom line, you are hypocritical and unfortunately, meaningless for not recognizing the true element of the Post. IMHO.

Coward? Hypocrites? If you actually read many of our posts you will see that almost everyone says it is not okay to murder people to further your cause. How does that make any of us hypocrites. Are you saying we are cowards because we would never lower ourselves to the level of those we loathe?

It wasn't the US government that Timothy McVeigh attacked. It was a US government building full of US government employees who had nothing to do with WACO. And again, it's NOT OKAY to kill people in the name of your cause.

The only time it is okay to take someone's life is if it is in self defense. Not to prove a point.

You're the hypocrite. You condemn the US government for certain events resulting in the deaths of the innocent and then condone one man's actions that resulted in the deaths of the innocent just because you agree with him on political matters? You would sooner become like your enemies in order to win a war instead of using your brains and showing compassion, something THEY DON'T HAVE.

I'm really worried about you. I'm worried you're going to do something really stupid. REALLY...FLIPPIN'....STUPID...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by donquad2001
he was innocent.set up by the real culprits,the so called truck bomb could not do the damage that was inflicted.I feel soory for anybody that buys the story he did it.Wake up people,the truth will never be known but lies are easy to figure out.

While some of us agree with you, the fact of the matter is that the OP believes he was solely responsible and his motives were of retribution against the US who he saw as the culprits in the murder (yes, murder) of the people killed during Waco.

And since he believe Tim V was the sole responsible culprit and is applauding his actions and suggesting he should be made to look like a hero, we have to argue against his beliefs going along his train of thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A patriot who slipped too far into the howling void of rage. Thought without action is a daydream, action without thought is a nightmare.

The rabid dog wants you to come close so it can bite. The government wants you to stand out so you can get nailed.

One day the hammer will shatter, we just need to temper ourselves more.

We must remember not to inadvertently become the tool of our enemies. As much as we are put to work already..

world wide slave uprising.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think we're missing the obvious.

There is a monument to Timothy McVeigh.

It's 168 empty seats that sits on the former site of the Murrah Federal Building in downtown OKC.

One seat for every man, woman and child he slaughtered that day.

It's very fitting if you ask me,

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
Truth hurts though. .

Here's a little painful truth for ya' ... the guy was a freak'n monster.

He blew up a daycare. He parked the truck right next to it and blew it up.

He murdered INNOCENT people. He had no remorse.

None of those people had anything to do with WACO. NONE OF THEM.

He got what he deserves.

Heck .. he deserves worse but our laws dont' allow it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts after the original post, so I am sorry if this was asked before.

Wasn't it McVeigh's alterior intention to kick off the race war purported by so many White Nationalist and Neo-Nazis groups?

If that was his intention, then I don't understand how his butchering of all those people could be understood as heroic.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by A.M.L.]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I love how my post was removed but this ridiculous post is still open. Honoring the moron that murdered so many of my fellow statesmen is a joke. The whole purpose of this thread is to troll for responses. You would think that the powers that be behind ATS would have some common decency and respect for those that were murdered. Obviously not because the thread is still open.

If you want to debate what happened go ahead. But stating that you want to honor this evil SOB is stepping over the line. If this thread isn't locked/deleted then I'll know ATS approves of this type of behavior.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It is the most pure form of Free Speech to support that which you abhor..

By allowing this thread, ATS is demonstrating the finest example of supporting the 1st Amendment..

Just because "you" don't like it, doesn't mean it should not be posted...

All opinions are welcome here, within the Terms and Conditions of course...

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is the most pure form of Free Speech to support that which you abhor..

By allowing this thread, ATS is demonstrating the finest example of supporting the 1st Amendment..

Just because "you" don't like it, doesn't mean it should not be posted...

All opinions are welcome here, within the Terms and Conditions of course...

Semper

Since your are holding the flag of free speech up why delete any post then????????

Honoring a mass murderer crosses an ethical line.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
McVeigh was a patsy, a designated scapegoat.
A fertilizer bomb sitting in a truck could *NOT* have blown out the concrete support pillars.
Unexploded bombs were found in the wreckage.
The bomb squad was on the scene before the explosion.
FBI personnel had been warned to not be in the building that day.
Look it up.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
people claim to have problem honoring a mass murderer

we honor them all the time, half our presidents or more, our government here in the united states is one of the largest mass murderers yet people continue to honor it and continue to support them by paying tribute (taxes).

McVeigh shouldn't have killed innocent people, he should have waited till the building was clear then sent his symbol.

I'm afraid the longer things go on, the larger force that is required to stop it. We are turning into a 3rd world nation, and we still trying to play "team america world police" If we had more people with ideologies as Tim McVeigh but without harming any innocent people. Then the patriot and militia movements could turn this country around.

but it's only a pipe dream. Fun to daydream, but in reality things will continue until China decides it's time to collect our debt and takes us over.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
disagree he was a demon who killed children and his statue is in hell lol

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

why delete any post then????????

Because of the Terms and Conditions of course...

"YOUR" ethical line may be crossed, but it is the Terms and Conditions that are pertinent here, not your ethics.

If this does in fact offend your ethics, don't click on this thread.

It really is that easy to not be offended.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It makes me angry that his reasons for killing all those babies was kept from me. I always wondered what his main gripe was. Not justified. He and his crazy partner (who I had the displeasure of meeting) were sick in the head. How was his motive discovered?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Terry Nichols had a table filled with pamphlets that were ultra-right wing propaganda fighting for state's rights. They were grassroots rebels and I saw nothing about the murders in Waco purpetrated by the feds. I think McViegh had no feelings for the religious fundamentalists and I would need to see proof of this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by on_yur_6

why delete any post then????????

Because of the Terms and Conditions of course...

"YOUR" ethical line may be crossed, but it is the Terms and Conditions that are pertinent here, not your ethics.

If this does in fact offend your ethics, don't click on this thread.

It really is that easy to not be offended.

Semper

So it would be OK for me to start a post stating that I'm glad (not a personal belief, hypothetical) Bush murdered thousands of Muslims and we should honor him with a statue?????

Anyway, back on topic. I clicked on the topic because it was so outrageous and needed to be addressed. This man murdered 168 people. I had friends in the Southwestern Bell building and my brother in law was in the area. Until you are directly involved with something this horrific maybe you won't understand the emotions involved.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Tim's rented truck could not bring down a steel reinforced building as it did. It is likely that BAFT had explosives stored stored in that building. How many people got away we will never know. When it comes to Waco the driving force of this bombing. Two of the people inside were the best in hacking and got into FBI files and etc. Understand at this time 1993 everyone was wondering about the S & L losses as that was the big news not some gun running. As I understand they were hired to work on back doors to new banking software. Waco was said to be about guns that they sold and everyone in Texas has. They did not even keep most of them on the compound. Clearly the fed wanted someone dead as you see in the film. I knew back then that if this is about money laundering you will see action about this in the future and sure enough some claim trillions find there way to national security accounts in Pakistan. These accounts as I understand were frozen by the world court and IMF. Like the JFK murder I have been always been captured by this mystery and how far in fact this rabbit whole does go.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join