It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right now !!! 2am Saturday 11th July (West of Edinburgh, Scotland) ...MOON !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I checked with stellarium for your location. Apparently Jupiter and Neptune are near the moon.

Download and install this software, and set your location and see for yourself.

Stellarium

The conclusion is that it is jupiter.

[edit on July 10th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
hey i live in italy and i can see it too

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Been watching the moon the last couple of nights, and I pretty much figured it to be a planet.
Off of what Phage and Peacejet have provided, I'm willing to put money on Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well it just seemed (to me) to large, to be Jupitor
from where i was, it was like it was spinning.

If its jupitor, then its a false call...

....this time

I say peeps keep watching tho.
i read on another forum another moving object was above the moon

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
is it jupiter or not , but i looks beutiful!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
in the second reply you posted pics in, the first one, that looks alot like what i saw last night. Did the thing you saw change kind of orange/red?

last night, what i saw was quite high and as bright as Iss was tonight, maybe even a tad brighter. and was moving weird, kind of looked like it was being lit from below .

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, I feel gipped!

As you can see, I'm UTC -4....East Coast North America.

Of course, saw the Moon this AM...0630, in the West, before it 'set' as the Earth rotated. Still, too much ambient light scattered in the atmosphere to see Jupiter....bummer.

And, of course, ATM, planet is facing wrong way, from where I'm at, to see the 'show' right now....

Well, fortunately, the sky, she's always a'changin'!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

just looked like it was spinning when i zoomed in

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
so is the moon he's seeing before or after us? I'm in the U.S.A. midwest

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

genius, the Earth rotates, when viewed "downward" from above the North Pole, Counter-clockwise.

SO....seeing the Moon from the UK NOW, means they see it before we do.

I don't have actual Moon Rise time data...we're getting some high cirrus clouds here too...so can't see....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I live near the op. The object seems close. Also, I don't normally look, but seen some weard stuff moving just now and last nite. Satelites?
Gong back to look with my binoculars. Exciting!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

ISS BRIGHTNESS: -4 (super-bright) The International Space Station is the biggest, brightest object orbiting Earth. The station's solar arrays span 240-feet from tip to tip, almost as wide as a football field. The ISS outshines Venus; only the sun and Moon are brighter.

www.n2yo.com...

it's going by New Zealand right now.
you can try other satellites as well, see if you can find anything it could be.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If that is jupiter, he should be seeing the moon to the left of it too, right? Or is the moon behind that 'building'?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It appears to be moving as you said so that RULES OUT THE POSSIBILITY OF A BLOODY SKEPTIC SCREAMING ITS REFLECTION ON THE LENSE!!! though, i would find it difficult to be a reflection considering you see it with your own eyes as well. Brilliant shots mate... Keep your eyes peeled.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I still think this thread is cool.

the universe is fascinating

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x

ISS BRIGHTNESS: -4 (super-bright) The International Space Station is the biggest, brightest object orbiting Earth. The station's solar arrays span 240-feet from tip to tip, almost as wide as a football field. The ISS outshines Venus; only the sun and Moon are brighter.

www.n2yo.com...

it's going by New Zealand right now.
you can try other satellites as well, see if you can find anything it could be.

alright. it could very well be the space station, but according to the pictures, it appears to be moving far to fast and far to close to the atmosphere and gravitational pull to be either satallite or station.. again I say APPEARS.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't believe that no one has ever thought of putting a webcam surveillance for the moon so we can see live images/video.

I've searched on google for live images but didn't seem to find nothing, just this, but it stopped trasnmitting live from 2008.

www.lunarobservers.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceSilence

then there's this.. KErmIt Satellite mission #151 — High orbit over the moon

updated every 1 seconds live lunar image ..

but...

it's only of the moon.. not of the surrounding sky.

closeup tho.

-

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
hey good pictures but Its just Jupiter

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

shauny (and everyone), when you saw this phenomenom, was it fairly low in the sky?

Because, as in certain sightings of Venus, unusually bright planetary sightings, down low, appear to 'move' because of atmospheric lensing effects. Think of what water does to the appearance stones in the shallow portions of a lake or riverbank.

Water is an exaggerated example, of course....but the atmosphere does have an effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join