It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right now !!! 2am Saturday 11th July (West of Edinburgh, Scotland) ...MOON !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
how could it be Jupiter ? okay he said it was the moon, but lets not focus on that, is it possible lets say ITS not the moon but a ufo, and he has made a mistake in identifying it as such. really guys. disinformation is everywhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
how could it be Jupiter ? okay he said it was the moon, but lets not focus on that, is it possible lets say ITS not the moon but a ufo, and he has made a mistake in identifying it as such. really guys. disinformation is everywhere.

dude.. listen.. he was talking NOT ABOUT the moon but about something to the bottom right of it at the 5 o'clock position away from the moon.. and he thought it was moving.

some are saying the closest thing in that area would have been jupiter.

maybe it was maybe it wasnt.. you'd need super clear video of what he was seeing to make a decisive call.

but there IS something large in that vicinity.. and it's jupiter .. that's why.

-

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am in Southern New Hampshire USA and i can see this . It is to the lower right of the moon and looks like a very bright star that gives off a glint like a diamond ring .

Usually cosmic events are plastered all over the media and the internet but i've heard nothing of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
I am in Southern New Hampshire USA and i can see this . It is to the lower right of the moon and looks like a very bright star that gives off a glint like a diamond ring .

Usually cosmic events are plastered all over the media and the internet but i've heard nothing of it.

It's not on the news because it's been happening since for ever. It's Jupiter. Yes, it looks like a diamond or a cross depending on how tired or glazed your eyes are.

I also freaked out when I first saw it a few months ago. See my ATS thread:
Is Jupiter always so big and bright and next to the moon? also its coming towards us??
I hadn't slept for a few days when I noticed it, so I wasn't thinking clearly.

[edit on 11/7/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
disinformation is everywhere.

Disinformation is everywhere? Really?

Care to share with us all this disinformation?

I don't see any here in this thread, what I do see is knowledgeable members providing information to help identify what the OP is seeing.

If this is considered disinformation then you are living in a very ignorant fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
about 2:15 AM my time in Western NY.

I do see a bright object by the moon, but it does not appear to be moving.

I took pictures and a 2 minute HD video I will upload to youtube for you all.

Sorry OP, I don't see a UFO, I just see Jupiter. Still cool though in my opinion.

Pictures:
img41.imageshack.us...
img27.imageshack.us...
img32.imageshack.us...
img124.imageshack.us...
img3.imageshack.us...
img124.imageshack.us...

I'll edit this post when the youtube video is uploaded

EDIT: www.youtube.com...

It may take a while for the HD option to become available. Best I can deliver for you guys. Enjoy.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by DisobedientCitizen]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nice photos. ^^^^^

Depending on who you ask, the Turkish Flag represents it too.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
WoW my Friend came into work this morning to see me.
he told me about this object moving about near the moon.

He showed me the photo and video he has taken with his camera phone.

[edit on 11/7/09 by Ezappa]

Ill let him know it was jupiter when i see him next hehe

[edit on 11/7/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
I checked with stellarium for your location. Apparently Jupiter and Neptune are near the moon.

Download and install this software, and set your location and see for yourself.

Stellarium

The conclusion is that it is jupiter.

[edit on July 10th, 2009 by peacejet]

I was watching the same thing here in BC, except it was at 7 or 8 o'clock looking at the moon.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hi everyone here.. I just registered the forums to post this:

I swear..Since Nasa sent out the new moon explorer Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) I tought it is that bright spot that showed.. But then .. I was wrong about it..

Ok then.. however.I have seen this object... since NASA launched their moon explorer LCROSS thing into space. I think this object showed up like 1 week ago . I was like wtf is that? ... I have observing this object and as far as i can tell you it have been there, visible every night.

! i have even observed when this object is visible it is becoming visible at 12.00 am - 5:00

.. I... it doesn't look like some UFO to me, its huge in size . One interesting thing about this object is that it have positioned itself in the same location where moon shows up at night.. Also when we don't see the moon some days, we can see this object in that place. It seems like it is following the orbit of the moon.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

[edit on 11-7-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A few weeks back in Phoenix AZ there was a moving light near the sun. It was illuminated and very large. It looked similar to the pics posted.

I took a few pics with a buddys camera since I was at work. Now you are going to laugh...guess what it turned out to be?

A weather ballon. The giant siverish type that expand as they rise. The explanation made perfect sense. Apparently a research group in I believe New Mexico launches something like 100,000 of these a year. The ballon was too low and in front of the sun, it happened to catch the setting light and "glowed". It looked like a planet or a star. Pretty cool actually.

If its not Jupiter prehaps its a weather ballon, seriously.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
right now...west, the moon, bottom right, its MOVING !!
ITS HUGE !!

Here are a few pics...

anyone else see this

Will post more soon....

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by mrwupy]

[edit on 10/7/2009 by shauny]

I am near Glasgow and saw this last night. It was in the sky until around 4am.

I heard people mentioning it on TalkSport radio.

If it was Jupiter I was not aware that Jupiter moves horizontally and vertically.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
west of Scotland eh, well im Livingston, so im 15 miles west of Edinburgh.

Heres my moon observations of the past week.

I have a huge window looking over the pentland hills as my backdrop when im on the pc so ive got a great view from east to west and im always monitoring the skies from this window.

Scotland all week has been very hot, cloudless and with sunlight until about 9.35pm.

Each night at 9.35pm i have had to look out my window to the west to see the moon as it has already made its way accross my view and is heading west. The moon each night has been huge and bright orange. Very cool, but nothing strange.

Last night though i went into the pc room at about 11.15pm and noticed that the moon was way off to my left looking out the window, meaning it was still way to east and had not even passed my viewpoint which it has previously passed each night for the past week 2 hours earlier.

I found that pretty strange, but i was tired so just headed off to my bed. If anyone can explain that to me i would be gratefull..

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ok hey i just hooked up w/ you guys. i'm in apple valley ca. been watching it for 3-4 nights.the thing about it for me.it dosn't seem to be traversing the sky in a normal time frame, over a period of days it moves to fast.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well I live in Australia and have noticed that the moon is becoming more prominent and noticeable more every day.

Its stature seems larger as the days go on. and is visible 24/7 maybe its a refraction.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by ocker]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Guyz, this IS Jupiter...

I live in Slovakia (middle europe) and I´m observing Jupiter for few days... At first I could see him on the left side from the Moon, now he is at right side. Use Stellarium for real time simulation of stars / planets...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
Well I live in Australia and have noticed that the moon is becoming more prominent and noticeable more every day.

Its stature seems larger as the days go on.

That will be because we had a full moon on the 7th, it will now be decreasing in size.

and is visible 24/7

It's not visible 24/7 at all.

Besides Stellarium you can try HERE as well to see moonrise and settings for your area.

maybe its a refraction.

Can you explain this more please?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

I'm in Glasgow. I noticed that the moon was huge and in a totally different place than normal.
At around 11pm I headed up to the shop, where it was behind me, so didn't see it. When I came back out and saw it I just stopped in my tracks!

Wow, what a big, deep golden moon. Quite a few groups of people had also stopped and were looking up and discussing it. I would not have expected it to be there, or so big, or that colour.

That night is when I looked out my sons binoculars. On both Thurs and Fri nights I have seen small bright distant objects move across the sky. One from my back window on Thurs night, and one from my front window last nite. Neither were close to the moon though. Probably satelites or something like that.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, it is 5:19 here in Las Vegas...Sun is about to come up but hasnt yet...the sky islight blue, and there are only two things that I see in the sky right now. The moon...and a white star like object to the lower right.
Not one other star in the sky, or anything else for that matter besides a few scattered clouds.

what does that mean? I have no freakin clue, but I find it weird that only one star, planet, or alien is visible in the sky besides the moon.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I tryed to put up my telescope last night to get a good wiew of this thing, unfortunely I was druk as a bat after celebrating my friend.

Before I could aim the damn thing in, it was gone, but I definetly did see it, from Voss Norway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join