It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

There could very well be some interdimensional lifeforms which we only see from time to time, and those could be the ones making at least some of these crop circles. They don't have to be "outer-space aliens.

Balls of light are what are usually seen around crop circles, and not the regular aliens we hear about.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

OK *puts on tin foil hat*

Does anyone know where the Egyptians or Mayans went?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hi electric,
I agree with you,I have a son like that,and the only thing he does when you see him is make crap circles...sorry being flippant.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the info. I better sit down and do some studying. I must be getting dumber in my old age.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

lol i got one of those too.

But seriously when is somebody going to do something about the false title of the thread. You cant just leave it as is and expect people not to get a little annoyed, Mods? Anyone? You all know its should be changed or at least moved and considering the OP wont change it, move it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I u2ud Op about the thread title this morning offline at the mo.

[edit on 013131p://2009-07-08T13:34:48-05:00087 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

OK *puts on tin foil hat*

Does anyone know where the Egyptians or Mayans went?
their homes Sirius (Eg.) and one of the Pleiades (Mayans)...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well going on her last post i dont see that happening, good luck though, and her last post before that where she was still saying its a fact that the largest sunspot occured. She is working off of a very dubious article found in the Gympie times which has since and before her previous posts been found to be incorrect, added a little bit more of her own sensationalism and then put a Crop Circle argument in on top of it all which has nothing to do with the title. She has already made a thread regarding this exact same topic. So whatever the name change would then create a duplicate thread. You or me doing that would see us warned or even banned, yet not a Mod has even bothered to give difinitive reason as to why this thread is still here, in fact she has 2 threads on the same subject. There is no need for a third. And then to have the nerve to tell people not to post in her thread on a board where the idea is to weed out the ignorance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by questioningall
This thread is NOT going to be HIJACKED ANYMORE!!

This thread is NOT ABOUT ME!! It is about a newspaper article that SAID the LARGEST sunspot was happening TODAY!

People are taking this thread in directions that it should not be taken it!

There are ALWAYS people who try to hijack threads and get them OFF SUBJECT!!

This is a THRILLING thread in my opinion - because it correlates with deciphers of crop circles - TO ME THAT IS FACT!!

So, everyone has their different beliefs - and mine are mine!!

For some people to be SO ANGRY at facts coming to light - tells me A LOT!!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

A) The Egyptians didn't go anywhere, they're still in Egypt/
B) The Maya (not Mayans) just kind of spread out after the Spanish were done with them. They're in Mexico, Guatamala, and other places in Central America.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

She might have exagerated but in premise what she says is at least partially true.

Questioningall is not the only one to come up with this information. Linda Moulton Howe (sp) has made similar investigations and posted more or less the same as questioningall. Linda even interviewed a couple of astronomers and posted their interviews. Will have to check for them.

BTW the mainstream media is catching up now.

Sun develops new spots
Solar activity over July 4th weekend is the most significant in many months

After one of the longest sunspot droughts in modern times, solar activity picked up quickly over the weekend.

A new group of sunspots developed, and while not dramatic by historic standards, the spots were the most significant in many months.

"This is the best sunspot I've seen in two years," observer Michael Buxton of Ocean Beach, Calif., said on Spaceweather.com.

Solar activity goes in a roughly 11-year cycle. Sunspots are the visible signs of that activity, and they are the sites from which massive solar storms lift off. The past two years have marked the lowest low in the cycle since 1913, and for a while scientists were wondering if activity would ever pick back up.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

it is the most activity in the Sun we have seen in two years, and as i said in July 6th, and part of July 7th the Sunspot remained as a class C Sunspot, which hasn't occurred in two years.

That's not all, i also pointed out the corona holes which shouldn't be happening now since we are still in a Solar minimum and not a Solar maximum, and they are still increasing in size.

The crop circle that made this prediction was made in April, if i recall correctly, and yes it was in three stages but it made a prediction that we could only make with our best equipment within 36 hours, and then it would only be a guess.

People just jumped to conclusion as to what this was.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A) The Egyptians didn't go anywhere, they're still in Egypt/
B) The Maya (not Mayans) just kind of spread out after the Spanish were done with them. They're in Mexico, Guatamala, and other places in Central America.

So obviously the solution is to pre-emptively detain all people in England who look middle eastern or hispanic before these terrorists do even more damage to our food systems!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But none of that is revelant when the OP is wrong. And continues to state the same thing, it has been proven wrong. It is not the largest sunspot ever, it was not found on the 7th. Any correlation with CC's should be made in the other 2 links in my last post. It is a ludicrous claim in the title, one that many casual observers or those more serious about astronomy would find big news if true, but its not. Therefore why is it still here when if people want they can continue discussing the supposed connections in the other 2 threads. Not in a HOAX thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that the fact that this thread has got to 26 pages at this point and the others are quite large as well shows how much interest there is. If this many of us are posting, imagine how many are lurking?

If they shut down this thread, I'd be dissapointed - as each thread has it's own different flow..

I've had to make a couple of cross posts, but ... Whatever.. This is good.
People are talking (when we're not being modded for trivial violations..)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Ok, so let's drop the OP for a minute, and just look at the cropcircle stuff, and the solar stuff of the last three days.

Don't you find ANYTHING particularly remarkable about it?

Doesn't it even make you wonder a teeny, tiny bit?

So little spark.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

In all honesty No. The suns activity is normal when it is awakening from a sloar minnimum, expect more of the same. Its happened for millenia and will continue to do so.
As to crop circles i couldnt care less, i am positive it predicted nothing and if it did it was out by a few days, not very remarkable.
The thing is if i was interested in this correlation i would of wandered in to the various other threads about it. But no i wandered into one thinking hey this might be interesting, sadly it wasnt.

edit to add, This is not about the OP it is about the OP's false claims that are being made and passed off for fact.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well I am for sure excited!

Now I can study the increase in solar activity from the comfort of my own home, with a global network of people sharing information - and SDO is going up hopefully!

It's a wonderful time to be alive!

When I look at the Sun now, I know that is not a lifeless static ball of energy, I see the sun for what it is. What else did I just assume or take for granted?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Oh i do agree, i think its great that not only the sun is waking but yes we have means of monitoring it at home. That is of course if you believe in the Data being provided, its crazy but some people dont.
It is exciting to a point more so because this time we can watch it, 12 years ago we(i) didnt have that priviledge. But with all this monitoring it is not hard to work out how far wrong some people can be, and this is one of those times. All i really want is somebody in the right posistion to show a little integrity and not play ATS for fools.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Well, I do believe the vast majority of the data, but I am certain that as a government entity NASA falls victim to the same political BS and beauracracy as any other (and there are many bright young lives who have paid the ultimate price)..

On the other hand, the fact that they've accomplished SO MUCH despite the aforementioned problems is a testament to the capability of the human mind and the selfless dedication to the noble goal of understanding our universe that the people working behind the scenes throw down every day..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The problem is, only one observatory reports this. Where are the other observatories? Why isn't this being noted by other countries?

Don't tell me it's all being "covered up", and that one lone observatory is reporting the "truth". This smells of a hoax, or possibly a publicity stunt for Wappa Falls Observatory.

I will say, though, that if the sunspot is confirmed, and if it proves to be as large as claimed (so far, neither seems to be happening), then it gives weight to the so-called "prediction" of the crop circles noted a week or so ago.

But I'm going to need to see this from NASA or somewhere else, other than just the Wappa Falls Observatory. Never heard of them or the Gympie Times until today. When I Googled Wappa Falls Observatory, I received only 39 hits, almost all of which were concerning this news item. Only one single link even hinted that Wappa existed before July 8, 2009.

NASA in fact reports that the sunspot activity is very slow.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
You need to pay some more attention.

PSSSSTTT just so you know if you right click on that picture that didn't fit in the post you will see the WHOLE THING DOH!!!

Now WHO needs to pay more attention?

You don't get it do you.

No its YOU that doesn't get it
Go back to the post I made and just use right mouse click then 'view pic" You Do know how to do that?

I guess I have to spell it out next time for the newbies

Why post a picture of the sun that leaves out a sunspot that is clearly there, did Zorgon miss that?

Ummm ATS has image size limits for posts... If it was on my site it would have produced a slider bar. That is why I gave you the LINK

We 'old timers' tend to EXPECT you to follow a link to the source Its the rules here to provide the source... but we can't force you to LOOK (I wish
)

You also overlooked he fact that the spot was already there on the fourth in your haste to thump your chest

[edit on 8-7-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join