It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Or they fell asleep.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No.
They weren't

Preserved frozen remains of woolly mammoths have been found in the northern parts of Siberia. However, the popular notion that these bodies were 'flash frozen' and perfectly preserved is a myth propagated by authors such as Immanuel Velikovsky. Preservation is a rare occurrence, essentially requiring the animal to have been buried rapidly in liquid or semi-solids such as silt, mud and icy water which then froze.

To date, thirty-nine preserved bodies have been found, but only four of them are complete. In most cases the flesh shows signs of decay before its freezing and later desiccation. Stories abound about frozen mammoth corpses that were still edible once defrosted, but the original sources indicate that the corpses were in fact terribly decayed, and the stench so unbearable that only the dogs accompanying the finders showed any interest in the flesh.

www.sheppardsoftware.com...

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

It's the title of this thread that is misleading,there was no 7/7 Sunspot,Sunspot 1024 was already there,it was/is big,but not that big.
Spaceweather.com is also already there,and it only takes a minute to look round its updates every day and you will know what is happening on the Sun and elsewhere.
As for crop circles,what use is a prediction from those,when we know about Sunspots already,regardless of size,and again the title thread is wrong there regarding size.
1024 as I gather was fading,but is now growing again,i'm not sure if that is something unusual,i'll look it up.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
From what the sungeeks say on SC24.com, it's turning into a SC23 spot now?

WTF.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
The title is still all wrong but I guess it's too late already.. Where are the mods when you need them?

No the mods can change the title anytime... like when they put hoax tags..

However individual posts have a time limit 6 hours I think...

But crop circles are bringing in the hits right now...
You can extrapolate the rest

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

OK *puts on tin foil hat*

Does anyone know where the Egyptians or Mayans went?

That's easy... through a stargate
The Sumerians had one too ...

Hehe but a tad off topic

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by Fromabove
How about an ice age..?

Thats no joke friend! It is not looking good at present. The sun is the coolest that we have ever seen, and much more of this will result in some serios problems. We may be praying for Global Warming very soon!

For the Ice Age fans... see this post in this thread

Lake Vostok ice cores tell it like it is
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ok, I overreacted a bit regarding the pics, I apologize.

But with your incorrect comparison of earthquake predicting with the prediction of solar events, it seemed to me that your not open to the fact that there was a solar event happening on the 7th.

You can say that the prediction said it would appear on the 7th, but it's an interpretation, the main thing, imo, is that there was a solar event on the 7th.

You also overlooked he fact that the spot was already there on the fourth in your haste to thump your chest

You don't get it do you. I'm not saying it wasn't there on the 4th on 5th, i'm saying that the way Zorgon posted his pics, it looked like the sunspot was gone the 7th, wich it wasn't.

I obviously was aware of that, even before your posts, besides, I could see it in your pic rightaway, because that one wasn't outside of the image.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Good thing we have enough concrete to heat this old Earth for a long time to come!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Just for you...

I promise next time to paste them from my server. I have to remind myself that some here are not computer savy

BUT in the post just above the one you attacked and caused almost two pages of 'stuff' to be added to the thread

You missed THIS

Here is the spot from Jul 5th, Jul 6th and Jul 7th

3rd of July

4th of July

7th of July

Now you happy? Good

Expect a bill in the mail for my time

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Is there any way we can measure the particle/energy volume that actually interacted with Earth and compare it to the total output of the flare?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ummm ATS has image size limits for posts... If it was on my site it would have produced a slider bar. That is why I gave you the LINK

We 'old timers' tend to EXPECT you to follow a link to the source Its the rules here to provide the source... but we can't force you to LOOK (I wish
)

Common people....I'm a noob here and navigating this web forum really isn't brain surgery.
If any of you had tried to post/link a pic on here much over 512 pixels, you would know all of this, and even if you didn't common sense should have kicked in 5 pages ago....and zorgon did provide the Link (which you obviously didn't follow).

Stop harpin' on zorgon and focus back on the fact that Questioningall is posting False headlines, with incorrect facts and claiming it as truth. Even as a newb, I am able to see the problem with this. The thread title should be changed (since it is obviously not the "largest sunspot evar OMG?!?"
) OR the mods ought to slap a [HOAX] label on it.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

The solar event was already there...a Sunspot and had been there for some time,and there are already some science methods in place to predict Sunspots,(emphasis is on predict)and even numbers of Sunspots in a cycle,so what is the point of a crop circle prediction which is no more accurate than the scientific prediction,at least you can go and look at the scientific background for predicting.A crop circle just sits there looking at you!

solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
MODS:

It would be wise to change the title of this thread ASAP. As of right now, if you google "Largest sun spot", you will see this thread at #2 in the ranks. I truly hope that someone doing a report or a study of sun spots does not see this thread title, and assume that it is true.

As of right now, ATS is promoting false information to the public by allowing this title to continue.

Deny Ignorance indeed.

I truly hope this is not going to become the norm here at ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I did miss that, apologies again.

Ok but you didn't respond to the other things I said.

Is it pure coincidence then, that the date of the 7th of July came forth out of the CC, in combination with a solar event, and we witnessed a solar event on the 7th, even though it started before the 7th?

After months of low to no activity.

If it would have started on the 7th, would you be impressed then?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

We are only able to predict sunspots within a 36 hour timeframe, not months in advance.

Here are some pics from SOHO starting from July 5th

July 6th

July 7th

July 8th

You can also see the two large corona holes that have been forming and expanding, which shouldn't be happening since we are in a Solar minimum, and not a Solar Maximum.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

We are leaving solar minimum on our way to solar maximum in 2013. How do you suppose that happens? We just leap from minimum to maximum?

We should be seeing a gradual increase in activity between now and then. This is just the beginning of it.

During solar minimum, coronal holes are mainly found at the Sun's polar regions, but they can be located anywhere on the sun during solar maximum.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I already apologized, I was the one who made the mistake, so that "common people" is kinda redundant.

I'm glad you are a very smart noob, but now you're just trolling.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's what it has been claimed for the past 2 years, yet time and again the same thing happened, the sunspots were not part of any new cycle, but were part of the past cycle. We do not know for certain that this last sunspot is part of the next cycle, it could very well be another sunspot from the past cycle.

However, it is unusual for those two corona holes to have formed, and the sunspot was a C class flare on the 6th, and part of the 7th of July.

BTW, in case you didn't notice the corona holes formed on the northern region of the Sun.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I think the crop circle was a lot older than the periiod that scientists can predict solar activity, apart from the 11 year cycle off course.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join