It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by grapesofraft

I said skeptics, I wasn't specifically talking about you, or your previous comment.

Yet you know what I mean.

No I dont know what you mean. I would like you to go through every post in this thread and show me where I have slandered any person.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by grapesofraft
QUOTE OF MYSELF

You do realize that talking to/quoting yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.

Just kidding before someone with no sense of humor jumps in.

LMAO, I am pretty sure I have already mentally collapsed or i wouldnt be spending hours on here arguing the same point over and over.

You know what they say. If you keep doing the same stuff you are doing and expect different results then you are crazy.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Check out this.

Then check out this.

The Obsrvatory website no longer appears to exist. Click on this link.

ALL of the credible sites disagree and it looks like the cited info in the article may be bogus. Observatories don't provide

Sound & Light for Church & Charities
. You will also notice the phone number matches to the phone number of the place listed on the tourist site.

Something is amiss here. Somebody is up to a little deception I think.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Nice work Blaine. So you are saying that the phone number for the website that the article came from could be bogus do to the fact that the number points to an entirely different entity? Just curious.

NEVER MIND should have checked your links first. Still nice work. I get you now.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Exactly it was a reply to a valid point, you cannot just ignore facts because it doesnt sit with your world view. The facts of this are clear for all to see, The OP is misleading, has been proven wrong, yet still follows up with this as gospel and has a bunch of loyal followers who are willing to ignore the truth and the only argument one can muster is 'you need to think outside the box'. Its a bit weak to say the least and doesnt wash in the real world.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hmm? 15 pages of commentary, some fighting and bickering, and we still don't know what's going on with the sun? Well, it's going down where I am so too late. July 7 is about gone and the only big event that rocked the world is MJ's send off.

I loved that guy. The government "agents of death" killed him with the silent killer called stress. It's a dark day in human history. I hope his false accusers rot in hell for making his life hell on earth and killing him. Ya, ya, the drugs...bla, bla, bla....who doesn't need drugs these days to battle stress?

Sorry for drifting from the topic, but I had to put in my nickel.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Exactly it was a reply to a valid point, you cannot just ignore facts because it doesnt sit with your world view. The facts of this are clear for all to see, The OP is misleading, has been proven wrong, yet still follows up with this as gospel and has a bunch of loyal followers who are willing to ignore the truth and the only argument one can muster is 'you need to think outside the box'. Its a bit weak to say the least and doesnt wash in the real world.

This is total BS. Nobody is still saying it was the biggest sunspot ever.

The title should've been changed, but you are missing the point. This thread was made in correlation with the crop circle threads, and there possibly is a connection.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well if today's experience,for me,is an indicator,the people I spoke with were all very interested in this.One guy even had a crop circle book in his pack!These were normal people like my electric meter reader guy who was here trimming trees on my power line path. He knows I'm a nut as I have spoken to him about fringe topics in the past.Like the missing honeybees.Or the 9-11 fraud inside job.Which he now knows is the truth from other sources,he says.Since I'm both first and correct most of the time,in retrospect,I have his attention when I tell him stuff.The rest were random people I crossed paths with in the city.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
iknowwhatisawthemovie.com...

For those who don't believe we're being visited at all....what do you make of all the credible reports from many credible people throughout the decades?

Mass myopia?

Government black projects is typically the best alternative explaination. However that issue is huge in of itself and still dosn't explain the technology seen being used. If it is the fact that our governments have out-of-this-world technology, then that flies in the face of anyone who believes NASA and similar science 'authorities' are the end all of all 'scientific' discussion.

Point is there is alot more going on than what simple denial and closed mindedness can logically put to rest.

-O

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
The fact is - today the largest sun spot has occurred - but also understand TPTB - do not want people noticing these type things.

Just as NASA keeps things hidden and does not tell the truth about the majority of stuff going on.

Just as the telescopes - google and microsoft - black out parts - probably due to the govt. wanting to hide things out in space.

NASA and and the govt. keep hidden all alien information and notice even very credible sightings are covered over and the media never mentions them.

ON ATS there are groups that go into threads to disrupt them all the time - do they do it on their own or for an organization?

But - I reply to one or two of the postings and then simply ignore the rest - and keep the thread in the same vein as when it was started.

The fact is there are MANY sync's with the crop circles and the information that has come out about a huge sun spot today.

That says to me - investigating possible messages in crop circles should be taken in earnest.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by questioningall]

Well the OP is still saying that, is not willing to change her point of view or listen to any sense. She just blames it on people being negative. Its her thread i guess but is still passing off fiction for fact again. The very same agencies that are not telling all the truth are the very ones paraded as proof of something bigger.
Im assuming OP is a She, my bad if not

edit to add if it was made in correlation with the CC why not leave it to the other threads that she made on this same topic today instead of start another one with a false tagline to suck people in. I said it before ill say it again, if this was as the title says it would be a worthy thread but its not. Thread needs to be moved

[edit on 7-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

There IS a connection when there is ample history of thread titles that need to be changed for lack of factual content combined with over the top sensationalism. One can only overlook the shoulder shrugging "I didn't know" so many times.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Observatory appears to exist, but I can't find a way to contact them and that listing is plenty strange. I'm still searching for a way to contact Owen Bennedick.

I'm finding no papers by him either. This is weird. Could this be a hobbyist with some telescopes to attract tourists. We need somebody from Australia in that area to let us know. I'll keep looking.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
Well if today's experience,for me,is an indicator,the people I spoke with were all very interested in this.One guy even had a crop circle book in his pack!These were normal people like my electric meter reader guy who was here trimming trees on my power line path. He knows I'm a nut as I have spoken to him about fringe topics in the past.Like the missing honeybees.Or the 9-11 fraud inside job.Which he now knows is the truth from other sources,he says.Since I'm both first and correct most of the time,in retrospect,I have his attention when I tell him stuff.The rest were random people I crossed paths with in the city.

Linda Moulton Howe will be on C2C tonite.Let's see if she LIES on air.It is shameful for what's his name to libel her,btw.Care to back up your ACTIONABLE ASSertion there big guy?

Your meter reader guy is probably in it for the laughs and goes to the library to get books just to egg you on. That is what I would do.

My name is GrapesOfRaft and I guess that is who you are saying libeled her.

I would love to back up my assertion. Here you go.
Linda Moulton Howe IS A FRAUD!

and here

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Maybe so, but in your feeding frenzy the point get's lost. Both the OP and her attackers are to blame I guess.

At least the OP is trying to make a point I can dig, whilst all you are doing is attacking her.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Have you read through the thread? That was my first comment on the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If the OP's facts are wrong any point she tries to make is invalidated. There is nothing more to say about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Holy biscuits! Why do people keep assuming that one guys interpretation of a crop circle is dead to right PROOF that there is a correlation between a flipping sunspot and the crop circles?!

What.. the slightly arcing design HAS to be a representation of the magnetic shield protecting earth?! You have gotta be kidding me. Talk about not denying ignorance. This design was found in MANY crop circles. It's a convenient, well known design by the artists! That's it. And one fear-mongering doom and gloom solar storm guy builds a prediction around that, and suddenly, crop circles are REAL!

Very little common sense is being used regarding this entire affair.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Weirder an weirder this gets. This idea of Bennedick's, who does appear to be for real, goes back to November 2006.

Source of Article the Daily.com.au.

By Damian Bathersby

IF you thought you got sunburnt a bit quicker than usual last week, it might not have been your imagination.

In fact, a bit of sunburn might be the least of your problems if astronomer Owen Bennedick is correct.

He believes home appliances going on the blink, homing pigeons getting lost, communication systems failing and even widespread blackouts are likely because of a giant solar flare which is erupting on the face of the sun.

A veteran of 44 years watching the sky, Mr Bennedick has been using high-powered equipment at his Wappa Falls Observatory near Yandina to observe what could be the largest solar flare ever recorded.

And he warns it could create worldwide havoc.

He says that at least 25 times the size of the earth, it would make a nuclear bomb look like a firecracker.

I'm finding other mentions of this related to articles he is cited in but no papers by him, nor does he ever seem to have a title with his name. He is often quoted on odd websites it would seem.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Sorry about that, mistook you for another poster.

Look, maybe the OP has a history and get's carried away sometimes, but to me it seems she genuinely is spreading info she deems important, maybe it's up to her crowd to read between the lines more and pick out the good information.

I know I am.

There is something about this whole story and more will follow.

I think it wiil become more and more apparent.

We'll see what happens.

Besides The OP and others on ATS have gotten a lot of people to learn more about the sun and stuff, that can't be bad.

I just don't get why people have to be so angry about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Originally posted by nunya13
You comments above are exactly what I am talking about. You say your just trying to have discussion, then make comments like these?

That's not a civil discussion when you mock people and suggest they have mental disorders.

I was having a discussion with the person I replied to...that is why I hit reply.

I am not mocking people. I am just stating the truth. What do you think would happen if you went to your doctor and told them watch out for the sun's rays and the power may go out because there is going to be a solar storm. Then he asks where did you hear about that, and you say I saw a crop circle created by aliens that said this was going to happen on July 7, 2009.

What do you think your doctor would think about that?

I guess you make a good point.

Interesting though, if you went to your doctor and told him that a talking snake, who was really a fallen angel in disguise called the devil, came down to the first woman who was created from the first man's RIB and convinced her to eat an apple from a FORBIDDEN tree that resulted in her and the man being banished from a beautiful garden by an angry angel sent by the creator of the universe, who was also responsible for bringing men back from the dead amongst many other implausible things, that no one can base on any fact in reality, I bet he'd be inclined to readily believe you.

He'd also believe that if you said he HAD to accept a man named Jesus Christ as the savior of all man's sins and as the incarnation of the creator of the universe otherwise he was going to burn in Hell, a place ruled by the aforementioned talking snake, he'd probably believe that too.

Can any of this be proved? NO!!! But people readily believe and no one tells them to go see a psychiatrist or to quit trying to brainwash people.

But, HOLY COW!! Mention aliens and crop circles and suddenly people are crying fowl and false prophets.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join