It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well there was an X-9 flare in 2006 but it happened on December 5. There were a few C flares in November.

Weird alright.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

hhhmmmm.... could those Crop Circles Been GIVING US A MESSAGE FROM HIGHER INTELLIGENCE?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by questioningall]

Let's just leave that thought alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Well I am pretty sure that if you go too far with religion that is considered a mental illness as well. I think the street name is hyper-religious, but it is also a sign of several diferent mental illnesses.

So if you go to your doctor and say their is going to be a solar storm, lets put on our aluminum foil caps that I made for us and hide under the table, and then he asks where did you hear this... and you say God told me that and a bunch of other stuff that is not true then he is going to hand you a one way ticket to the booby hatch.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Spaceweather has answered to this -

SpaceWeather.Com

Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

I'm going to go with the more reliable source. I can not find a website or a way to email Bennedick. The only link I found was no even spelled right. The sunspot is not the largest ever found so the whole thing is nonsense.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

SUBSIDING SUNSPOT: Sunspot 1024 is experiencing some decay and solar flare activity is subsiding. Nevertheless, by recent standards it is still a behemoth. "Now approaching the western limb, the region provides a tremendous richness of detail through amateur solar telescopes," says Pete Lawrence who sends this picture from his backyard observatory in Selsey UK:

Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

spaceweather.com

Blaine beat me to it.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I'm not alone on the search engines
Line two.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Holy biscuits! Why do people keep assuming that one guys interpretation of a crop circle is dead to right PROOF that there is a correlation between a flipping sunspot and the crop circles?!

What.. the slightly arcing design HAS to be a representation of the magnetic shield protecting earth?! You have gotta be kidding me. Talk about not denying ignorance. This design was found in MANY crop circles. It's a convenient, well known design by the artists! That's it. And one fear-mongering doom and gloom solar storm guy builds a prediction around that, and suddenly, crop circles are REAL!

Very little common sense is being used regarding this entire affair.

The reason why they believe is because they want to prove the existence of aliens and figure crop circles some how prove this. In reality it has the opposite effect anybody that has spent time looking at crop circles knows there man made there has been a prosecution by the British government they obviously had proof. There has been people who admit to making them theres books on how to do it.

Then somebody says the crop circle is the earths magnetic field. And there you go its a warning of a solar storm. By the way the earths magnetic field only looks similar to that crop circle when its not being hit by a solar storm but nobody bothered to look at what it does during a solar storm!

And finally who ever wrote the article is just wrong on so many points there has never been nor will there ever be a sunspot the size of 60 earths which they claim is the average, a large one is 10. This is not the largest on record suggest you check 1945 or 1991 some argument as to which was bigger. people who believe crop circles are aliens trying to communicate want to believe so badly they throw out all logic!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah, but you were faster.

5:29 pm Pacific time on the dreaded 7th day of July of the year 2009 and I am still waiting for my quick tan session from the "Largest Sun Spot EVER"!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

So she's not on C2C tonite,I got that wrong.But as to her credibility,so she was taken in by a huckster.If I screw up a weld does that then mean all my welds are flawed?I know not.Why?Because I often test to destruction.Linda is right so often.

All y'all negativists havn't come up with anything that comes even close to the elegance of the actual circles by way of alternate,detailed technique of the postulated hoaxers.You've been challenged dozens of times in the past few days to provide proof in the form of accurate info or a video and all you do is refer back to the same tired old two guys making their claims to authorship with no basis.

The man made ones are so crude they are easy to spot.And the closer ya look the less the resemblance to the authentic ones I maintain are made by poltergeists.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So the aliens gave us a message about some solar flare activity, that isnt going to have any significant effect on us? Well thats worthwhile isnt it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am not being sarcastic

but 16 pages here in 10 hours

comments flying everywhere
flareups
spot fires
pole shifts
mass ejections

i think we have been witnessing a Solar Storm right here
in this world of ATS
on the 7th of the 7th 2009.

and its been spectacular !

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

So she's not on C2C tonite,I got that wrong.But as to her credibility,so she was taken in by a huckster.If I screw up a weld does that then mean all my welds are flawed?I know not.Why?Because I often test to destruction.Linda is right so often

No, she wasnt taken in by a huckster, she promoted one. Even after everyone else said he was a huckster she still promoted him. She makes a living selling BS. She doesnt care if it is true or not as long as it sells.

When has Linda ever been right? Show me some things she got right that has to do with fringe topics like crop circles, aliens, bigfoot, you name it.

If you screw up 99% of your welds and you get one right, does that make you a good welder just because you got lucky and got one right?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've been reading back and I still can't see where all the anger comes from.

Ok, the title turned out to be wrong, but what was the OP's overall tone and intention?

Is this a REAL article? It seems to be. I will be doing more searches and confirming it!

The OP is not stating it as a fact.

hhhmmmm.... could those Crop Circles Been GIVING US A MESSAGE FROM HIGHER INTELLIGENCE?

Again questioning.

I have never believed the crop circles were man made in the first place. Some are - but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence.

Seems that the information in the OP is IMPORTANT On it's own - never mind messages may have been left enlightening us humans that something was going to happen today - with the sun etc.

What is so wrong about this?

Why are people so threatened by it? She talks about possibilities.

People are overreacting. Way.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Let me also add, that I'm not attacking her, just her penchant for the sensational. She has a lot of spunk; is a tireless researcher and conveys the very maternal quality of wanting to protect everyone from the subjects that concern her! I don't think ATS would be the same without her.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Maybe this is what the crop circle was predicting. A massive flareup on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Finally, some constructive criticism. Thank you, elfie. ATS needs more people like you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals. I have been wondering through these threads all day today. brokenheadphonez has been extremely helpful in understanding this stuff. I have stumbled across a couple more websites today that are also helpful. Atleast to me.

Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center and the U.S. Air Force. Updated 2009 Jul 07 2201 UTC Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity SDF Number 188 Issued at 2200Z on 07 Jul 2009 IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 06/2100Z to 07/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. No x-ray flares were observed during the past 24 hours. Region 1024 (S27W39) continued to decay and activity from the region was significantly reduced. The remainder of the disk was quiet and stable. IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to remain very low with a slight chance for an isolated C-flare from Region 1024. IIA. Geophysical Activity Summary 06/2100Z to 07/2100Z: The geomagnetic field was quiet during the past 24 hours. IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet on day one (8 July). An increase to quiet to unsettled is expected for day two (9 July) due to possible coronal hole effects. Conditions should be predominately quiet for day three (10 July). III. Event Probabilities 08 Jul-10 Jul Class M 01/01/01 Class X 01/01/01 Proton 01/01/01 PCAF Green IV. Penticton 10.7 cm Flux Observed 07 Jul 071 Predicted 08 Jul-10 Jul 070/070/070 90 Day Mean 07 Jul 070 V. Geomagnetic A Indices Observed Afr/Ap 06 Jul 003/004 Estimated Afr/Ap 07 Jul 004/005 Predicted Afr/Ap 08 Jul-10 Jul 005/005-007/008-005/007 VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 08 Jul-10 Jul A. Middle Latitudes Active 05/10/05 Minor storm 01/05/01 Major-severe storm 01/01/01 B. High Latitudes Active 05/15/10 Minor storm 01/10/05 Major-severe storm 01/01/01

The above quote if from the Space Weather Prediction Center. It reads kind of like a NWS forecast discussion. It covers the next 3 days of space weather. www.swpc.noaa.gov...

link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Are you questioningall logging in under a new ID. Yours was just created today after all and you defend her like she is your little sister.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

link   

Now, that was funny. You might be onto something there!

We finally agree on something. Is the world gonna end now? Ah, crap!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger

So she's not on C2C tonite,I got that wrong.But as to her credibility,so she was taken in by a huckster.If I screw up a weld does that then mean all my welds are flawed?I know not.Why?Because I often test to destruction.Linda is right so often.

Welds cannot be compared to scientific facts. If you make an assertion based off a scientific fact and it turns out you don't have your facts straight then your entire argument is moot. Unless you are completely subjective and just find data to back up your theories. Truly objective minds just gather data THEN draw a conclusion. There is no evidence ET'S made that circle, this sun spot was not the biggest ever recorded, even if ET's made that circle you have no way of knowing the true message of that circle because you don't have the frame of reference required to decode the message (you couldn't say it was mayan, Swahili, or whatever because you simply wouldn't know unless it was explicitly clear, that circle was not in any clear language ).

Furthermore why would a being of high intelligence put a message in a flippin' corn-field. Hey, we've got TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join