It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gives Attorney General Power To Designate Gun Owners, Tax Protesters As Terrorists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Until gun owners and protestors are charged with treason or hate crimes, I'm not really convinced.

You haven't figured out yet that by that time it will be too late?

there is no evidence of it ever happening.

find me evidence. i'll take your word on the situation. And no, this bill is not evidence of the government wanting to take away your useless destructive item. THANKS.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I met a guy who owned guns once. He only went on a suicide bomb run ONCE... ONLY ONCE!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Society is literally crumbling around you and all you can do is roll your eyes and snicker like a demented hyena. You remind me of a witless gawker who sees the tide recede for miles and decides to take a look at the tidepools before being crushed by the oncoming tidal wave. I think very soon you will realize just how important the means to defend yourself really is.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf

Society is literally crumbling around you and all you can do is roll your eyes and snicker like a demented hyena. You remind me of a witless gawker who sees the tide recede for miles and decides to take a look at the tidepools before being crushed by the oncoming tidal wave. I think very soon you will realize just how important the means to defend yourself really is.

Don't see the need to Flame those who disagree with your opinions.

Also, if you've done some research, we were suppose to be in FEMA camps by now

I'm against the government as much the next guy ...and believe we need a TRUE revolution in this country. I believe this current administration needs to be OVERTHROWN and a new party to be placed....but....sometimes we can't call everything a conspiracy. Somethings really are as they seem.

Not saying the Obama administration is innocent once so ever. They're foolish for spending money we don't have. But sometimes things aren't worth looking into.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You are coming from a perspective of "I doubt anything bad will come of this"

and I'm coming from a perspective of "why take the chance"

If history is to be our guide, "why take the chance" is a safer bet.

Government has a loooooong and distinguished track record of abusing its power.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Well fair enough. Even though I disagree with having a weapon inside your home, I guess it is part of the constitution. However, racism is protected by the first amendment. So obviously, something's flawed here.

But until ALL guns are outlawed (we'll see if it actually happens), fire away and enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, it is apparent many did not read the linked information from the article.

I agree this is a bad idea and will likely be abused but then do we want people who are involved with violent acts against others to deny their rights in our military?

This discussion seems as shallow as the articles on Prison Planet. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The real problem lies with this part -

"(G) Other groups or organizations that are determined by the Attorney General to be of a violent, extremist nature."

This needs to be careful defined and anyone's subjective viewpoint should not enter into it.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but allowing violent hate group members into the military is another all together. We don't need for instance gang members who proudly display proof of their drive by shooting in the form of tattoos in the military or any other criminals for that matter.

I agree with this half way I guess. This definitely needs to be rewritten by somebody with half a brain.

I agree that they should ban Cross Burners, Skinheads, Crips and Bloods and the like. People who deal in things like Crack, Meth and the like need to be kept out also. I don't agree that it should be based on peoples opinions or their expression of them. There does have to be a line drawn somewhere though. The question is how do do it and remain fair? Not an easy task by any means.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine there in lies the problem... someone with an agenda is the one who determines who should be free and who should be detained.

This bill is a blatant violation of the constitution. While I agree Alex Jones sensationalizes everything, even the non sensationalized view of this bill is extremely disturbing.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I've been around and owned guns my whole life. I've hunted and eaten what I've taken my whole life. The game I shoot helps feed me and mine and has helped me survive some hard times.

Most people I know have guns and nobody I associate with is criminal in any way. We also enjoy target shooting for sport.

I know where I live is unique, but carrying a gun for Bear protection has saved many lives here. Not everyone lives the same life or has the same needs.

I grew up in poverty and wild game was part of our income. It kept us from going hungry many winters.

I earn a good living now and have quit hunting except to get some game because it is such healthy meat to eat. But even so, why should I be denied the right to enjoy target shooting just because some think that guns in the hands of honest law abiding people is somehow a threat. No gun has ever self animated so the real problem is with the person who will just pick up a different weapon if denied a gun.

The criminals and violent people are the problem, not the guns. A car is far more dangerous than any gun has ever been. Drunk drivers are far more dangerous; should we get rid of them?

Violent acts are already illegal so how would a law against guns change anything? It would not.

Be very careful around your bathtub. They kill many people every year

Sorry for going off topic.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I agree and thats why these things need to be written carefully and no one person should ever be able to make such a decision.

We are not far apart.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The very same groups of financial interests who installed Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot - the Federal Reserve and Bank of England - made it their very first order of business to confiscate the firearms of their populace before carrying out extermination, for obvious reasons. Americans, now fully in the grasp of the aforementioned international bankers, are walking unwittingly down the same road to tyranny(with bills like this one) and will experience a similiar fate if they allow themselves to be disarmed.

Call it a conspiracy, or whatever, but this is really just the reality of history, past and unfolding, and we all know what happens to those who dont learn from the past.

I don't mean to be a prick to you, Larry, i just really don't want to see you, or anyone else, become enslaved by forces who demonstrate, again and again, their willingness to kill in mass an unwitting and unarmed populace.

edit for *doh*

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Neo_Serf]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No you are wrong. This legislation does not need to be written at all. Even if you define terrorist this is a violation of the constitution on several levels.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

they put the gun clause in the constitution to protect us from government getting too big and out of control

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

But until ALL guns are outlawed (we'll see if it actually happens), fire away and enjoy it while it lasts.

You appear to be approaching that from the wrong side, in my opinion. The Second Amendment doesn't specify that 'some' guns can be made illegal and others can't. It doesn't make any distinction. Therefore, the proper approach should be "when ANY guns are outlawed".

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

How would you keep dangerous people out of the military if it were up to you?

There has got to be a middle ground somewhere in this. Gang Bangers in the military is bad idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I never said guns should be outlawed. I don't agree with them because they are useless. However, in today's world, perhaps they could come in handy for self defense.

And I have to strongly disagree with using them for hunting. The act of murdering an animal is just as depraved as slaughtering your fellow man. That's my opinion at least, and we won't turn this topic into an anti hunting thread. So moving on,

Having them outlawed would indeed increase the crime in this country as we seen with the prohibition of alcohol and now illegal drugs. My point is that I highly doubt we'll see the government taking any steps to remove your weapons from your homes. But like I said already (many times) that's just my opinion. We all have them. And there is no evidence to show that it will happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We will agree to disagree then. From your avatar I would never have guessed you a Vegan, I'll respect your view. I will agree that sports hunting is wrong. I'm very vocal about that in fact. I am an Omnivore however. My genes determined that.

From my other posts you will see that I am very opposed to violence. I see the need for this legislation but I think it is written by the wrong people in the wrong way.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Somehow I am not surprised. I mean after all no one really expected this to happen right? No one thought that it would get this bad. Nah, not in the good ol US of A......

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

We will agree to disagree then. From your avatar I would never have guessed you a Vegan, I'll respect your view. I will agree that sports hunting is wrong. I'm very vocal about that in fact. I am an Omnivore however. My genes determined that.

From my other posts you will see that I am very opposed to violence. I see the need for this legislation but I think it is written by the wrong people in the wrong way.

Not a vegan, but a vegetarian. There's a difference, as I do enjoy being able to eat..unlike vegans...not sure how they even Survive sometimes, lol.

Much respect to your hobbies though. I live in the boonies and everyone around me hunts, all I hear all day long is gun shot after gun shot. The day I moved to Pennsylvania, my neighbor offered us deer jerky.
I just disagree highly with sports hunting.

But yeah, I do agree this bill is written by the wrong people. But what right people are in politics? Especially this administration...

We shall see where this one takes us. As for other issues, I don't see the future looking to bright, especially economically.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

But what right people are in politics? Especially this administration...

It does seem there are very few. On any side in fact. I would not qualify myself as I'm often too opinionated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join