It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gives Attorney General Power To Designate Gun Owners, Tax Protesters As Terrorists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is *terrible*

I joined this forum after months of lingering in the background to comment on this thread in particular. I've been telling people for about two years now that the ultimate goal of the so called terrorist attacks was to take away our liberties and then ultimately to be able to classify your average citizen as a terrorist.

Many did not believe me, but rest assured I've sent this thread out to several people and I think they are coming around, even my grandmother! She is a staunch republican (not that there is anything wrong with that) and seems to think this is all the doing of the democrats (not that there is anything wrong with that either) but to those of us who are in the "know", it's caused by neither but the ruling elite.

I am no longer glad to be an American! Run, duck, and cover.

Thanks for bringing this topic to the light of day.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Have none of you actually read the amendment in question?

It refers to people who are part of or associated with violent extremist groups like white supremacists and so forth. If you actually read the thing you'd know that.

But by all means, just go with what that Infowars idiot wrote.

After all, he's never been wrong, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
So basically, they're actually trying to...clean up the military? What? Not allowing racists into the military anymore? HOW DARE THEY

Finally, someone who actually read the goddamn pdf.

Simple rule, people - don't take the word of someone else, particularly someone who parses out whatever they're talking about to reinforce their own claims. Like the DHS thing - go to the source, not the pundit.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You're missing the point, which Infowars correctly points out for us:

The bill is ostensibly aimed at preventing race “extremists” and gang members from joining the Army, but since the Army already hires felons, criminals, racists and gang members, the real purpose behind the legislation is to codify the move to label gun owners, “anti-government” activists and tax protesters as domestic terrorists, a process that has been ongoing since at least the start of the decade.

Its essentially granting the power to the AG to label Americans as terrorists.
[edit on 7-7-2009 by mnemeth1]

Infowars couldn't correctly point out the shortest route to the sun.

White supremacists & gang members joining the military has been a problem for a while, one that they've been trying to deal with. For a while, they were actually keeping a majority of them out, but with the war they've gotten a little lax. There have been news reports about this. And now we're finally seeing congress try to do something about it, people get paranoid and panicky.

And no, it's not giving "power to the AG to label Americans as terrorists." And all that conjecture from Infosnores as to what it's 'real' purpose is is just that - conjecture. The ravings of a guy who could probably benefit greatly from a nice prescription of anti-psychotics and a trip to the country.

I presume I'm considered a disinfo agent now. Best of luck with that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join