It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your avater tell us about you???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarkazmon

No, ATS is anti-pseudo-intellectual *though there are still a fair number of you here*. Now run off and pretend your better than some other group.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
well My name is an off shoot of a new word brought into the lexicon shortly before I joined ATS (Digerati, one who knows computers) but I hated the "E" and changed it to "I" to more closely resemble "digital"

My Avatar is of the most important person in my life, My wife, I added the ATS ball but it was not in .gif format so it doesn't rotate properly, I'd love to exchange it with the tennis ball in her hand then have Bob Lazars "sports model" flying out of the orange skirt, but I lack the skills (and time) to do so, I changed jobs recently and work 60 plus hours a week and am on call 24/7, so I have not got as much time as I once had. what it means to you all I do not know, but when I first put it up I was asked on dates here.

edit to add, she is 41, and looks better each year

second edit, if any of you Photoshop guys wanna try for me I'll give you the original pic in full size to give it a go

[edit on 5-7-2009 by thedigirati]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarkazmon
You know what most people's avatars tell me in this thread?

Most of you can't follow simple instructions or are too stupid to notice simple things.

12 members in a thread of 14 pages and that to you is most??? You should have a permanent seat at the kiddie table. Your comments were uncalled for, unwanted and served only to make yourself feel important! You need to visit the link in my signature line! It was written for people just like you! Now don't go away mad, just go away.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Oh, give it a rest.

It's called Hyperbole and is a perfectly reasonable way to get a point across.

You people are so literal.

Accusing me of trying to "feel superior" yet you are going out of your way to do just the same by picking apart my posts to try and win a pissing contest. Real mature.

The point of this thread was to ask people what their avatar said about them.

Well... when I see an avatar that takes up half a screen in a member's profile and it gets chopped in half (or a third or a quarter) in the threads what exactly am I supposed to think?

Eh?

Answer that!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Hyperbole is bad mkay?

Btw, have you considered joining the NSS, we need you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There are some great avatars here. Some are very creative!
Mine is
St. Michael the Archangel
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

What I see is uncalled for flaming on a thread that just doesn't call for it. It's one of the few threads for members to share with one another something personal, and not a thread to tear into another member and sling names like 'stupid'. It was uncalled for and you should feel ashamed of yourself for doing so. There is no excuse for it. When you are disrespectful, you should not expect to be treated respectfully!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK, now that's the creepiest avatar I've seen yet, SD! I LOVE IT!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

what are you to think? that maybe just maybe they WANTED it that way.
I know a great deal of things, I have an above average IQ (in the top 10% of the Nation) and I did it wrong the first couple of times myself, At the time I was layed up in bed with broken ribs so I had time to change it and make it right. (size wise) Not everyone is bed ridden with nothing better to do, some of us HAVE lives beyond the net and (sacrilege of sacrilege) ATS.
Don't ASSUME that because it "LOOKS" wrong to you that the "Artist" did not want it that way, or that it improved the effect they wanted (read the posts only 2 I think wanted them changed)

From your Avatar, I see you as being rigid and linear in thinking, you need everything ordered and unchaotic, you like clearly defined demarcation in your view of the world. However that is my personal perception of you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It's all fun and games till someone loses an I

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
... maybe just maybe they WANTED it that way.

Ahhh... that must be it! (never mind the rules)

Move along people, nothing to see here.
All is well in the world.

I guess making the point that I made is "disrespectful " and we can't have that now can we.

Back to you regular scheduled programming.

What does your avatar mean to people?

It's all flowers, lollipops and rainbows because anything else is "disrespectful".

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Sarkazmon]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Mine is simple enough to understand. I AM the Question *though currently replaced by the Rorschach avatar* I have many questions about many topics and I simply MUST get answers. I don't hide my face... My mask IS my face and right now, the black and white Rorschach mask can tell you that I live by old, but strong black/white principles. I see the world for what it really is, and not these silly fuzzy gray lines and excuses that people try to throw at you, simply for the sake of them wanting to continue living greedy, corrupt and broken, instead of trying to better themselves. We all make mistakes, there's no doubt in that, but it is those that choose to act in accordance to their errors, and choose to better themselves, that are the good people. Not those that choose to continue living in sinful squalor.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Since the topic of the thread is what your avy says about you ...

May I humbly suggest a change in yours:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What does my avatar say about me anyone? I think it will most likely be different than what it says to me but I am curious how diffferent.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarkazmon

Ahhh... that must be it! (never mind the rules)

I guess making the point that I made is "disrespectful " and we can't have that now can we.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Sarkazmon]

Rule? No, it's not a "rule" as far as I know having the picture too large does not violate the T&C of ATS, it just doesn't display properly, that's all, you wont get Banned from ATS for it.
disrespectful is calling folks stupid, that IS breach of ATS T&C.

I'm certain you saw my avatar and thought "gee this idiot cut her head off, how stupid is he?"
But that's how I wanted it, so my wife doesn't get hit on by people like yourself when she is out in public . My wife likes her privacy.

Had you said it "appears" some folks have not figured out to re-size which makes it look stupid to YOU (your OPINION) would have been another matter entirely

lazy fingers edit

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I uh...Have heh..."proficient" Photoshop skills and I believe that in order to uh...modify the picture I'd need the full thing...Heh heh heh.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
What does my avatar say about me anyone? I think it will most likely be different than what it says to me but I am curious how diffferent.

It say's to me...Protector..One who stays hidden until needed.

But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So what does mine say about me?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My avatar tells you that I wish to live in Springfield, and I have a penchant for playing Ibanez guitars by moonlit rivers!

Does that mean I'm one wave short of a shipwreck?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
mine is a tiny pic of me to show Im funny and friendly...

but i think i look more goofy looking so I may change it...

oh well...

huggies everyone

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join