It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your avater tell us about you???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
mine is a section of a painting by Salvador Dali called the 'Temptation of St Anthony'

St Anthony went to the desert and had visions, he was one of the first christian monks
St Anthony's fire is a name given to ergotism, an illness attributed to ergot, a fungus that grows on cereals and can give you hallucinations.
Ergot was being played around with when Albert Hoffman found '___'
He loved the visions and so did many others and the sixties became psychedelic
and the world would never be the same again...

in the full picture, St Anthony is trying to hold back the visions of otherworlds being led by a white horse (which means so much to me, especially thinking about where all these cropcircles are appearing), with a cross. He looks defiant but he is not going to succeed...
Put down the cross Anthony and let the visions through mate...[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44ea9213f038.jpg[/atsimg]
(i love the upside down horseshoes too...)
well that was a long explanation and i could go on and on about what this picture means to me but i will leave it at that, for now.
but if i made another one, it would be pegasus

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by AccessDenied
mine always says the same thing...
can't make up my mind, cause it always changes.
but i usually have the same theme:
a woman who looks like me, sad, lonely, depressed..in a dark place.

Hmmmm? I sense emotional trauma. There is solace in that dark place. A presence is guarding over you. Those you miss would want you to be happy. There are others that need you. Keep reaching out. You're on your way to better times.

very accurate.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I dont know but it seems my avatar does not seem to appear when I post now.

It did at one point but now it doesnt? Any suggestions anyone??? Thanks.

hovernator

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

That has long time been one of my favorite paintings. I used to have a giant wall sized print hanging on my bedroom wall and I would stare at it for hours at a time.

Very powerful imagery Dali used, especially when you are in a "trance" like state, can lead to many strange visions...lol.

Great choice of avatar, wish I had thought of it first

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Apparently, I've been hanging out at S4 with Bob Lazar.
BTW, the Grays say hi.
Bring your sunglasses if you want visit the Gray home planet.
It's a binary star system.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
mine says im psycho, and im ready to pop the zit on my head to let the aliens out so they may grow and populate the world, so we may serve them better.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hovernator

Hover, check your U2U buddy.

You should be sorted.

Edit: Right, everyone happy now?

[edit on 5 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well, considering that I'm wearing glasses, that I'm poorly photo shopped to enhance cool colors, and that their is poorly written font over the bottom right side of me I'd say my avatar expresses that I am a geek who does not edit photos well.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1
Mine is a symbol for a band CD. The album is named "The Infection" so i think of it as me spreading an "infection" of truth to the people who dont think this world is f%^#$$. Also, its a kicka$$ CD

Chimaira?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Well, considering that I'm wearing glasses, that I'm poorly photo shopped to enhance cool colors, and that their is poorly written font over the bottom right side of me I'd say my avatar expresses that I am a geek who does not edit photos well.

your user name says more than your avatar

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

phi1618
I'm going to guess you're a spiritual female that believes not all is lost

haha change "female" to "male" and you would be pretty spot on
+all is Lost.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Mine shows that at this moment the world changed forever.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My avatar (which I'm linking to since I often change it) is of the Seal of Saturn drawn over a different perspective of the Flower of Life (if it was rotated). The rings are made from the diameters of the octahedron and cube which are also directly connected to this geometry. The rings would be perfectly circular if viewed from the hexagonal perspective.

Obviously geometry (sacred or otherwise) is a big interest of mine. I value precision, balance, and simplicity. As for the whole Saturn thing... well it's kinda funny but I used to have this fantasy that I was from Saturn when I was very young. I guess I've always had some sort of connection to it, real or imagined.

Seal of Saturn
Sacred Geometry in 3D

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Mine is semi-autobiographical.

I really did walk off a cliff (without realizing it) while singing (the oompa-loompa song.)

The result was a near death experience which had a big impact (ba-dump-bump) in my subsequent life

My username is from the novel Candide of which the main character is loosely based on the personality of the tarrot card Fool.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Starred.

Murphy is cute CUTE CUTE!!!!

This type of avatar is so good because just looking at it takes the weight of the world off of one if for but a few minutes.

Give your little cutie a kiss for me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
As above, so below.

93/93

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

A most beautiful avatar but I hope one day to see for you a avatar that radiates happiness, sunshine, companionship and a rainbow.

I use to be access denied but then I met (my sweetie). Open up - you will know from the depths of your soul when that right person comes along and when he/she does, do not deny access, give full access.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks buddy hope that works.

Thank s again

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

The star I gave you was for your grandma.

I'm a grandma and us grandma's rule!!!

Such a cute avatar and such a cute name.

and such a wonderful memory for you to share and carry.

and you are most correct, a most awsome name. Your grandma sounds like a really wonderful person.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

LOOOve Candide!!!

"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide, Chapter 6

yes! questions questions questions...

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join