It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shutdown web based Realtime Data service ahead of solar storm prediction July 07,2009 ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We just noticed that NASA shutdown web based Realtime Data service. According to NASA official statement "Due to scheduled maintenance, the orbital tracker will be unavailable from July 2, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. CDT to July 6, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. CDT."

Earlier U.S. military policy decision explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released and now NASA shutdown Realtime Data service.

What's really going on guys?

ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

So is there some, or a lot, of truth in the crop circle predictions?
Is this suggested solar storm going to be rather severe that NASA has to shut down a part of its system, or is this something to do with the object that was spotted approaching the sun the other day as talked about in a thread here on ATS?

Or are we being kept in the dark about something else?

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere – but no longer.

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned.

The satellites' main objectives include detecting nuclear bomb tests, and their characterizations of asteroids and lesser meteoroids as they crash through the atmosphere has been a byproduct data bonanza for scientists.

The upshot: Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified.

"It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy...a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy."

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
there was another topic today that showed that stuff (video i believe) was shutdown on the NASA site today. hope they're just doing holiday weekend upgrades and maintenance. i didn't flag or comment in the topic. sorry.

edit to crosslink other topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well it should be back online on the 6th, so if there's anything going on then we'll be able to see wont we?

If this solar storm is going to happen, then them not showing us whats actually happening isnt going to stop it.
Its either going to be a case of yes, a solar storm (or whatever it is) is going to happen, and they've taken it offline because of the panic it might cause if people see this thing happening. Although Im not even sure it would cause a huge panic because its communications that are going to be knocked out, not people.
So yea, its either going to be that.... or they did in fact have some maintenance scheduled to happen, and didnt feel that some random crop circle appearing was important enough to change the maintenance time just so it doesnt look like they're hiding anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Or are we being kept in the dark about something else?

Imminent war on two fronts with North Korea and Iran perhaps? They need all those Military satellites for that

Just a 'hunch' Crop circles make an interesting 'distraction' from current events, don't they?

Goodbye Ulysses (July 3, 2009) Ulysses just was turned off ending its mission

Ulysses Reveals Global Solar Wind Plasma Output at 50-Year Low
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

But SOHO is up and operating with live update of solar activity ever 6 minutes.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Sun is currently in a solar minimum and solar wind lowest ever recorded.

Holes in magnetosphere

NASA - A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field
science.nasa.gov...

Nothing to worry about.. back to playing crop circle puzzles... Besides if the Sun wanted to wipe out all life on Earth, there would be very little we can do about it...

except MUTATE
unless you have a private spaceship hidden somewhere

[edit on 4-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Funny, you people ever move forward with your theories..

Ofcourse they are turning of the information to the public if the sun is about to burn of the northern hemisphere..

Why are the rich people buying proparty on the other side of the hemisphere ? More clues that dont fitt any scenario you have read ? !

Ohoh, where did Bush buy land ??

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Not to be rude or anything but don't solar storms happen often.. or at least every now and then? Why is this one a big deal? Just because some people think a crop circle has something about it?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Its a big deal because;

NASA SAYS..
NASA - Solar Storm Warning
science.nasa.gov...

NASA SAYS
NASA - What's Wrong with the Sun?
science.nasa.gov...

NASA Predictions 2012 Solar Maximum
2012supplies.com...

Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle
www.physorg.com...

But hey... everyone knows NASA lies so your right

Whats the big deal?

Just get some extra sun screed... you should be fine

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
bleh never mind sorry.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Funny, you people ever move forward with your theories..

Ofcourse they are turning of the information to the public if the sun is about to burn of the northern hemisphere..

Why are the rich people buying proparty on the other side of the hemisphere ? More clues that dont fitt any scenario you have read ? !

Ohoh, where did Bush buy land ??

Bush: Peru
Clintons: Costa Rica
Cheney: Dubai?

who else?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In a way, I'm kinda more interested in what a crop might 'say' than any news of impending doom brought about by some, any or all nation(s)

If I knew for one moment that crop circles were 100% genuine and that their messages were 100% factual, what would be more interesting than the same old boring PTB ranting about some missiles or other power struggles.

We've heard it all for far too long.. It's about time we took other things a bit more seriously and if a solar storm is about to upset our lives, whether the storm be natural or caused by an outside force, then I am all ears.

The stopping of information by NASA could be completely innocent, yet we all seem to hold some form of suspicion against them for various reasons.

I find it interesting that many seem to want to 'listen' to a crop circle than most of the 'news' or info we are fed daily.

Think I'll go dig up my private space ship and spend a few days in orbit.. see how things turn out

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
On the one hand the solar scientists I respect don't seem to think this new solar cycle, 24, is going to be anything to write home about.

However...and just to stir the pot, a little, there was a sudden burst of solar activity today...

The Sun puts on some fireworks for the 4th of July

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Think I'll go dig up my private space ship and spend a few days in orbit.. see how things turn out

Listen can ya swing by Tsiolkovsky crater for a few snapshots Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
All this is interesting to watch. Most of the fun is knowing that we get an answer Tuesday, a rather short lead time on the prediction.

I've taken the stance that one prediction means nothing, two makes it a bit more interesting, but still; no thing. Three and I scratch my head, and wonder for a couple of minutes. Four and I start to think about the real possibilities. At my last count, there were 4 crop circles predicting this thing.

My solution...turn of the technology, stay indoors till the afternoon (they are predicting...what was that...1700 or so; thats like 1 pm where I live)

I can live without my computer for half a day.

[Y'all do know that this solar storm will come with an EMP right? If strong enough, it WILL fry your electronics if left running]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
[Y'all do know that this solar storm will come with an EMP right? If strong enough, it WILL fry your electronics if left running]

Which would mean we wouldn't be able to get online to talk about it on July 8th

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Zorgon was not having a dig at you he was just giving you information of why it's a big deal that nasa is shuting down realtime data.I am very grateful for the info zorgon gives.He was just answering your question if we are all weirdos why are you here.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

EMP is one of the possible scenarios but it might be affect the earth in others ways like tsunamis or eruptions or earthquakes cuz the nature is too full of magnetisim, personally a think EMP is the worst case scenario so i think ill prepare myself even doe i dont know the time that suppost to happen here in mexico i think ill just turn off everything all day long hoping in that way save my laptop

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Some dudes getting off stamping weeds so a bunch of over eager and easily swayed internet folks can get all up in arms about it is just silly. The whole crop circle thing is an insult to our collective intelligence. Seriously.

And then you have those who want to help self fulfill a prophecy by looking for any and all evidence that they can mold to fit their silly claims and absurd beliefs.

The NASA thing here has nothing to do with solar activity. If it did they would be doing plenty of other things, in the public realm, to prepare for it. Google it for crying out loud.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Looks like I left the lights on.. battery is flat..

Hope this helps

upload.wikimedia.org...

If something or nothing happens, this will be a learning curve for us all.

With so much going on, it is difficult to decide facts from fiction and rumours and possible ideas or anything else. We may find nothing happens and it will be a shrug of the shoulders and business as usual. If something does happen then we will either be able to post here and talk about massive power outs and other types of stuff or we wont be able to post at all for any amount of time.

I dunno what's worst.. WW3, Massive Solar Storms or not being able to post on ATS

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
never mind, sorry, big misunderstanding

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

For what it's worth, I'll also add that I don't think Zorgon was having a go at you.

He just takes a bit of getting used to if you're new...

He throws out info that is very interesting, even when it's stuff you don't agree with!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join