It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shutdown web based Realtime Data service ahead of solar storm prediction July 07,2009 ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

How odd.. just as I was reading through the last posts I was thinking to myself about time zones etc and when exactly on the 7th could you consider it happening.. Then I read your post and you mentioned it in a similar way..

Anyway.. It's been the 7th in parts of the world for quite a few hours now.. but it is still only the morning of the 7th where I am right now. No doubt there are still a few places left that have yet to slip over into the 7ths realm

So what part of the 7th are we considering?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
So what part of the 7th are we considering?

Today's Space Weather
Updated 2009 July 7 07:35 UTC

3-day Solar-Geophysical Forecast issued Jul 06 22:00 UTC

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very low with a chance for an isolated C-class flare.

Geophysical Activity Forecast: Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be at quiet levels during days 1 - 2 (07 - 08 July). Activity is expected to increase to quiet to unsettled levels on day 3 (09 July) due to an increase in solar wind velocities associated with a favorably positioned coronal hole.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

3 day forecast...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Sooo possibility of a C-Class

# X-class flares have intensities greater than or equal to 10-4 W/m². These events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms.

# M-class flares have intensities greater than or equal to 10-5 W/m² and lower than 10-4 W/m². They can cause brief radio blackouts especially in the Earth's polar regions.

# C-class flares have intensities greater than or equal to 10-6 W/m² and lower than 10-5 W/m². They have few noticeable consequences on Earth.

sidstation.lionelloudet.homedns.org...

We had an X9 Dec 5, 2006

Caught them by surprise
Solar Flare Surprise

www.nasa.gov...

Still here though

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I agree that a single solar storm or CME would not affect us that much. But I remember reading the analysis of the crop circles and they spoke about possibly 5 events.

Now while I was reading a bit into this matter I read on one websites that when a solar storms hits and it is followed by a second one (in a relatively short period of time), the first one will actually 'clear' the way for the second one.

Now isn`t it plausible that IF 5 solar events take place after another that our magnetic field is put under such a stress so that it vanished in some areas ?

I mean, if there are 5 solar storms they could create such a build up of electrostatic that a lot of equipment is fried.

I don`t know if it`s going to happen, but the crop circles looked promising and it never hurts to hope

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Lunatyx]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join