It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shutdown web based Realtime Data service ahead of solar storm prediction July 07,2009 ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Right come back and laugh, now that is VERY childish.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I didn't do anything wrong in my opionon, but I guess I did overreact, and for THAT I'm sorry. I can't tell if people on the net are just joking or being rude just to be a a hole (and I know some of you might think I'm a a hole from the stuff I typed, but I'm actually not i'm one of the nicest people you'd ever meet).

And to be honest what this really boils down to is I came on here today in a bad mood in the first place, so thats really why I got mad. When I feel crappy I LOVE to rant I donno why but it makes me feel better, so I'm sorry!

Now lets get back to the subject of the thread, this is completely off topic.

And I didn't mean I'm going to come in here and actually laugh like type "lol" or anything stupid like that, I just meant I will silently laugh to my self when the day is oer after I see nothing happens. I'm entitled to do that if I want, and maybe that is childish but who cares, I'm a kid at heart (and I'm only 26 years old anyways).

And to be honest I probably won't actually laugh or anything, that was a joke. See you guys did exactly what I did, took a joke too serious, hehe

[edit on 5-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok cool. Im not a person to jump one side of the fence on predictions, im not saying it wont or will happen, i just like to stay informed about it. If nothing happens then thats that.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Star for you jeasahtheseer i like to here a skeptics side to threads. i'm not a smart person i post in alot of threads and sometimes i feel like i'm on ignore but then you realise its because the thread is moving that fast you just get buried.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to waking up on the morning of 7/8 to find, as suspected, that this whole '7/7 Solar Storm' freak show is nothing but yet another in the long list of so-called predictions that falls flat upon its face.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I cant wait to see how long it takes for people to attach another meaning to these crop circles when poo all (most likely) happens.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Not to give the crop circle anything more than it desirves, but, There are now "class B" solar flares happenin'

You can monitor these sun spots and flares here: www.spaceweather.com...

Anyway, might be starting to get interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Or are we being kept in the dark about something else?

This is what we call a theory-in-search-of-evidence and is based on a "begging the question" logical fallacy. People are looking for anything and everything to prove that there will be dangerous solar activity, and the answer to your question about NASA's activities is purposefully implicit within the question itself. It is circular reasoning.

I'm going to make a prediction of my own. When July 7th passes without incident, a few things are going to happen: those making the prediction about the flares will tell us they were wrong about the date but not the event, providing us with a new time-frame (see predictions of Nibiru); they will claim something untestable and unverifiable happened, which can be any variety of things (the aliens stopped it! The solar activity happened on a different vibrational level). Those making the prediction will never admit they were wrong.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
Not to give the crop circle anything more than it desirves, but, There are now "class B" solar flares happenin'

And just how powerful is a class B solar flare?

I know, but why don't we fill in the folks at home? I have to say, I find all the posts breathlessly announcing there are class B flares to be amusing.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

If I knew for one moment that crop circles were 100% genuine and that their messages were 100% factual, what would be more interesting than the same old boring PTB ranting about some missiles or other power struggles.

www.youtube.com...

Here's a video about two well-known hoaxers. Not saying all of them are hoaxes but you've just stated that crop circles are 100% genuine. If you concede that these gentlemen made a few, then that is sufficient to refute your overly broad statement.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
[edit on 5-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

With respect, I did not say they are 100% genuine...
What I said was;
"If I knew for one moment that crop circles were"

This does not imply that they are... just "if"

Hope that clarifies what I was saying

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Or are we being kept in the dark about something else?

Imminent war on two fronts with North Korea and Iran perhaps? They need all those Military satellites for that

Just a 'hunch' Crop circles make an interesting 'distraction' from current events, don't they?

Goodbye Ulysses (July 3, 2009) Ulysses just was turned off ending its mission

Ulysses Reveals Global Solar Wind Plasma Output at 50-Year Low
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

But SOHO is up and operating with live update of solar activity ever 6 minutes.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Sun is currently in a solar minimum and solar wind lowest ever recorded.

Holes in magnetosphere

NASA - A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field
science.nasa.gov...

Nothing to worry about.. back to playing crop circle puzzles... Besides if the Sun wanted to wipe out all life on Earth, there would be very little we can do about it...

except MUTATE
unless you have a private spaceship hidden somewhere

[edit on 4-7-2009 by zorgon]

Call it a hunch but logically the laws of mother nature would most likely be similar to that of natural laws of the universe so to speak - so couldn't one say that a sudden all time low just ironically before this is suppose to erupt on the 7th...could be the calm before the storm sort of like a hurricane or a volcano on earth..

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Krystian]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Krystian]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
g8 anyone?

8-10 july

cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmm will I be basing my future or safety on the "interpretation" of crop circles? No.

Do I believe in crop circles? Not really. Why? Because they are things we see here on Earth. If crop circles were of alien origin I believe that we would be seeing things we do not see here on Earth.

Do I ridcule others who believe in crop circles or who try to interpret them? Certainly not.

Why are crop circles listed in Aliens and UFOs? Is it because the owner of this site thinks they are of Alien or UFO origin? Crop circles are famous enough they should have their own area on the boards.

Actually I really think that some people are into space weather and took advantage of the new info that is online about the big sunspot as well as the predicted activity.

I also think that if aliens were advanced or intelligent enough to be able to travel here they would be masters of communication with other life forms. I also believe that after so many trips of attempted and failed communication with us they would have changed the form of communication to try speaking with us because we are too dumb to get it.

I mean if someone speaks and writes in a foreign language from your own that is what you learn to communicate with them.

I just think it is very foolish to assume that if there was lifeforms that had mastered technology beyond our own capabilities that they would be to stupid to learn just one of our languages here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zeus_daughter2

I think the reason crop circles is in this area is because originally they were associated with strange balls of light creating them and black helicopters appearing shortly afterwords and people claiming certain chemical modifications were made to the plants that were bent over that were not present in the surrounding plants or soil. Then some UFO claims in area's where crop circles appeared. The site owners can correct me if I'm wrong on the reasons it was put under UFO's.

Do I believe in them being other than man made? Nope. I'm more willing to believe it is a classified govt. experiment of some sort before I would believe aliens made them. Doesn't mean I'm right just means I see no personal evidence to prove otherwise.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What if this Solar Storm scare just to get us not to watch TV or be omline on the 7th? Like they want to announce doing something, then they hurry up and do it since they think most of us who believe them will not be looking so we won't protest until it's too late?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
And just how powerful is a class B solar flare?

It isn't powerful at all compared to how large flares can get.

The scale reads like this, with the least powerful on the far left:

A class > B class > C class > M class > X class

Each class is a magnitude (10x) more powerful than the last.

During the periods when the sun is active at normal levels, B class flares are basically meaningless, and C class flares, even at their upper end usually don't cause strong auroral activity here on Earth. M class flares are more likely to cause solar-storms, but unless they are squarely directed at Earth, they usually don't cause big storms.

X class flares are when things start to get interesting, and can start to cause problems for us. Since there is no "class" above "X class", when a flare reaches 10x the power of an "X 1" flare (ie just powerful enough to be X class), it's called an "X 10". An "X 20" would be 100 times more powerful than a basic X class flare.

A few years back, it was no surprise to see X class flares, and the largest I personally monitored was an X 17 that occurred on the 28th November 2003.

By the way, real time data is still available. Here's a screen shot I took a little while back:

So much for NASA shutting down real time data! Another baseless thread, filled with paranoid assumptions

[edit on 5-7-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Stereo pics are back up stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian so couldn't one say that a sudden all time low just ironically before this is suppose to erupt on the 7th...could be the calm before the storm sort of like a hurricane or a volcano on earth..

One could say that yes, but data shows not until 2010 maybe 2012

Well its ten of midnight here so we shall see... I am really curious to see the explanations of why the prediction failed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join