It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hi all,

with all the rumours spreading around of major Sun Storms around the 7th July, there is some nice activity started on the Sun at the moment.

www.spaceweather.com...

Ive attached a page showing the different classes of solar flares from A to X class. With this one being currently a "B".

www.spaceweather.com...

Wonder if this activity will increase leading up to the 7th??

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Thank you for letting us know! I've been keenly following the ATS sun threads. In light of the fascinating information we're accumulating, we would do well to pay attention to current solar flare activity.

Thanks once again

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Very quick to the draw! Good find. The lack of activity made me quit paying as much attention. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well it still has to go all the way up to x for it to be huge, but thanks for letting us know the updates anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Could be precursor activity.

Satellite data is now all friggin glitchy.

:S

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
just a question

if we have a solar eruption on 7 july what does it mean we are not alone and ET's send us message with crop circle ?
is it possible i dont know i try to be rational, and if it happen it mean also all the message in the crop are going to happen, now i feel very wierd my head says it's not possible but in the same time we will have a proof that somone is communicate with us and not from this world...and event are comming.

i'll jump to that conclusion the 7 july if we have this solar eruption we enter to a new era very exciting no.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am glad you started this thread - because there needed to be on, strictly on the sun today!!

To me this goes with all the other threads that have to do with the sun the last few days. The object going towards the sun and the crop circles threads. WHY?

Because the pictures of the sun today - look very ODD!! Also - what is VERY interesting is the little videos of the sun - ARE OFF LINE!! We can not follow that object anymore!!

Picture of where the video of the behind sun on stereo this site here: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Pic of where vid is suppose to be::

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a28611c5500.jpg[/atsimg]

Please go to the link look at yesterday's mpeg of behind - something started happening with the sun just as the object got close to it:

Look at the pic of the sun right now: looks very interesting

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cd777a0b06f.jpg[/atsimg]

here is another pic of the sun right now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecaa21b84dd5.jpg[/atsimg]

Yesterdays' vid pic of object

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3031749c7a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

SUNSPOT ALERT: The most active sunspot of the year so far is emerging in the sun's southern hemisphere: movie. Sunspot 1024 has at least a dozen individual dark cores and it is crackling with B-class solar flares. This morning, amateur astronomer David Tyler caught one of the flares in action from his backyard solar observatory in England:

www.spaceweather.com...

ok now i had a call from my astronomer friend he say effectively the sun is very wierd and it was sudden , the sun spot is going biger and biger yesterday the spot was small he say the sun is going to fart
then i wanted to watch the alert map on hisz for earthquacke and volcano but the site is down...

truly exciting

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
RTMS is pushing data again, finally..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91461892d389.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Instead of running around like Chicken Little with rampant speculation and 'EOTW' hysteria, how's about some historical reflection?:

www.windows.ucar.edu...=/sun/activity/sunspot_history.html&edu=high

In 1843 an amateur German astronomer named Samuel Heinrich Schwabe, using 17 years of his personal sunspot observations, discovered the rise and fall of yearly sunspot counts we now call the sunspot cycle. He initially estimated the cycle's length at 10 years. Two French physicists, Louis Fizeau and Léon Foucault, took the first photo of the Sun and sunspots in April 1845. Around 1852 four astronomers noted, roughly simultaneously, that the period of the sunspot cycle was identical to the period of variation of geomagnetic activity at Earth, giving birth to the field of study of Sun-Earth connections we now call "space weather".

Around 1858 the Englishman Richard C. Carrington and Gustav Spörer independently made two important discoveries: the solar latitude at which sunspots appear gradually decreases from about 40° to 5° throughout the course of a sunspot cycle (now often called Spörer's Law), and sunspots at different latitudes move around the Sun at different rates. The latter fact led them to conclude that the Sun does not rotate as a solid sphere, but rather has different rates of rotation at different latitudes (about 30% slower near the poles than near the equator) characteristic of a gaseous body. In 1868 the Swiss astronomer Rudolf Wolf was trying to compare historical sunspot counts by many different astronomers using various instruments and observing techniques. He devised a formula, which is still in use today, that combined data about counts of individual spots, counts of sunspot groups, and a correction factor for each observer. The result of his calculation for any given period is called the "Wolf sunspot number".

There is more, including possible (or coincidental) corelation with sunspot observation data and weather phenomena on Earth, as noted in the snippet.

MY point here is to look at the years...150 years of actual scientific study, and lots of data, but as far as I know the World hasn't ended.

There was a 'mini ice age' in Medieval times, some unusually hot periods...all obviously survivable. It IS interesting, to be sure.

Finally....the good ole' Sun has been merrily converting hydrogen to helium (and other elements) for billions of years. I doubt its sunspot cycles have varied much in all that time, because life on Earth tends to have persisted......

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

we are not running it's just exciting, and i dont think something big is going to happen the only excitation here it's about the crop circle if the 7 july if there is a sun flare that day the crop was right that's all no doom no ice age.
but if this event is right then all the others message on the crop are right too
then at this moment i'll run like a chicken

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i must say ive been intrigued by other posts in the last few days about an object hurtling towards the sun, although i am still pretty much on the fence regarding what it is.

As to whether a huge solar storm is on the way on the 7th, I would probably doubt it.

The main reason I posted this was just to really draw attention that our Sun seems to be waking up a little regarding sunspots. There was a very long period without anything happening, but in the last few weeks we have seen small signs of more activity.

The prediction from Nasa is that 2013 is going to be the next solar maximum, so things should steadily pick up between now and then.

Massive Solar Storm on 7/7?? Who knows. Lets wait and see!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

I've been thinking about this also.

If, and if mean a big IF, there is a large-scale geomagnetic solar storm that knocks out power to say, New York City, on Tuesday... I call smoking gun evidence of outside interference.

I simply would not be able to deny it. And I think only a fool could still deny it in the face of what has been happening recently.

(crosses fingers)

(don't get me wrong, I don't want any harm to befall anyone, but if something like this happens, it will be huge... if only people would listen.)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Well there's the crop circle "bird" design.

So this "B" may lead to an X...planet X?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
RTMS is pushing data again, finally..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91461892d389.jpg[/atsimg]
I almost hate to jump on this wagon but the one picture top right resembles a bird like many of the crop circles.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What would happen to us if a class X hit earth?

Alien Mind

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

My guess.. welcome to the mid evil era.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I would imagine it could possibly fry electricity generators all over the world. There was a document released a few months ago saying that if the generators were fried by a huge solar storm it could potentially knock out power for a few months!!!

Not to mention the chaos with planes. Aircraft systems, control towers etc.

everything that depends on satellites.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah.......a solar flare......I wouldn't be surprised if the same maniacs that shot a rocket at the moon also shot Thermonuclear Missiles into the sun just to see what happened? I'm curious myself as to what would happen, so they have probably at least tried it. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the flare class page.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join