It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Evidence Of Being Man Made

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I would say that just like with UFO reports, that 98% number is complete bologna.

Aside from that, not being man-made doesn't mean they are necessarily alien-made.

There are other possibilities.

Check out the thread on superluminal quantum telepathy (or something to that effect)... Fact is, the earth shares a unified consciouness. Pretty wild.

Opens the doors to all kinds of crazy stuff. Including the POSSIBILITY that these circles are merely a physical manifestation of the Global Psyche.

This isn't a black and white issue. It is a complete mystery.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, pardon me please.

But back in 1993 i was maintaining the royal biographer and writer of "Big Deal", Anthony Holden's' garden in Ravenscourt, Hoeing the North face border among some Bergenia, right next to the Clematis Montana main vines., (leading atop the wall in full sun), remember it like yesterday.

When i heard something begin to crackle a couple of meters directly above my head a small filament of energy materialised and in literally 2 seconds it went from a filament arc of energy to a bright white ball, about the size of a basketball, i looked up and tracked as i also moved from under the position and then it exploded.

Nobody was harmed.

It set off fire alarms locally and knocked out telephones, affected Mr Holdens intruder alarm and it was one extremely loud boom like you'd only usually hear in a war zone.

I was with a Jehovah's witness as co-worker named Mathew, used to be in a New Age band called "World Domination Enterprises" and he was doing his usual watchtower bit between clients 20 minutes before this happened and he was shocked, Anthony Holden who had been on an all night poker run and was sitting in his conservatory, ran out in a blind panic like an explosive had detonated looking all around as he rushed over asking what just happened.

I just said, "Oh, the gods are a bit pissed off that's all Mr Holden", calm and cool as a Cucumber, Mathew looking white as a sheet with a weird look on his face.

Nice day, no clouds, no ionic disturbance, nothing discernible to causality any meteorologist could finger i tell ye.

I'm absolutely certain Anthony Holden will remember that event and me and wouldn't mind me making mention of it here, he'd never known anything like it, i believe he's in Boston last i knew.

Very true story, if anybody doubts things when i say paranormal manifestations and events have always been in my life, just ask Anthony Holden if that's rubbish or not, sure he's contactable and not something he would forget.

Strange stuff, plasma energy!

Again, sorry for off topic but as we're talking plasma in relation to crop formations, i thought it worth mention.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Oh yea, I suppose there's a million and one possibilities... my nana's garden gnome could be creating crop circles for all anyone knows. Obviously a significantly lower possibility than aliens etc, but still.. cant be proved!

Either way though, nothing ever seems to come of these apparant warnings. Not saying that if a crop circle was made today Id be expecting whatever it was predicting to happen tomorrow... but with the volume of crop circles that have appeared over the last 30/40 years, you'd expect even just one or two to have come to something.

It doesnt help either that there always seems to be a few people who translate crop circles as predicting some major life changing event. I mean they should be predicting something significant, I wouldnt expect an alien or whoever to make one of these to predict that its going to rain a bit tomorrow or something like that. But because they get built up and built up, when nothing happens it makes it a little difficult to summon up the energy to even read about the next crop circle, let alone take it seriously!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

The age of the areas is one of the reasons those specific areas have chalk instead of common limestone, for example, and the chalk region extends to France, I have read a book maybe two years ago called, if I am not mistaken, "Castles and cave dwellings of Europe", and in it there are several cases of complete villages and castles carved on the soft chalk, both in south England and in the north of France, because that is all the same geological region.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

As I said before, I have no idea of how those plants react, I never walked on a field like those, but I have walked over other plants like those (Gramineae) and they were not always broken.

Obviously, if you drive a several ton machine they would break, and only a very stupid farmer would made different passes over his field, he would end up with a flatten crop, so it's obvious that they keep to just one path.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Odd though that we have two circles that have been interpreted to possibly predict a solar storm...

Been keeping an eye on the solar threads?

The flares are coming right on cue, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I have no idea why the plants react the way they do either...

But they do.
Cropmuncher put a pretty good post in the newest crop circle thread that illustrates the elongated nodes compared to nodes of plants found just outside the circle.

Like has been said all along, though. It is a complete mystery.

I'm still waiting to see what happens Tuesday... Or possibly even tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thats cool, i was just throwing up some factual based stuff that could possibly explain why they appear along the wiltshire, oxfordshire part of the aquifer deposits.
Its difficult when theres so much scientific eveidence that there is a genuine phenomenon when it is quite apparent there are so many hoaxes.
Anyone ever thought that the govt or military could be behind the hoaxes to muddy the waters of the study of genuine circles so as to damage the researchers credibility?

After all we KNOW the military are interested in them!

Would explain how they have remained so secretive & why someone hasnt blabbed before now.

[edit on 5/7/09 by cropmuncher] bad spelling

[edit on 5/7/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Sure the Government is in the mix with this stuff.
You yourself put up the videos of the military choppers flying over them.

We also know that the Queen in keenly interested in them.
That means they study them. And it is logical to conclude that they study them because they are concerned with them.
If they are concerned with them, they don't want civilians to beat them to the punch.

In fact, I'd wager on exactly what you said.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Sure the Government is in the mix with this stuff.
You yourself put up the videos of the military choppers flying over them.

Yesterday a military helicopter flew over my house, does it mean they are interested in me?

[edit on 5/7/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Odd though that we have two circles that have been interpreted to possibly predict a solar storm...

Been keeping an eye on the solar threads?

The flares are coming right on cue, if you ask me.

Yes.. coming, and going, and coming back again... Im not assuming Im right here. Ive got a window up thats on some website thats showing near real time updates on whats happening with it, keep refreshing it every so often... Ive only had my new laptop for a week, so if somethings going to fry it then I want to know when I need to turn it off

But still, nothings happened yet!... Plus there's been stories for a few weeks about how scientists think we're starting to see the effects of this new solar cycle.. seems like the perfect time to throw in a prediction about a solar storm occuring!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If they hovered directly over your house and even landed on the roof, I would say yes.

Edit to put in this little emoticon...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Just piquing my interest is all. The verdict is out until Wednesday.

Just something to keep an eye on. If something happens it will be HUGE.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

what you been up to then

I see your point but have you seen the videos?

They clearly do not like the people in the fields in some and appears to be intimmidating behaviour in one.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When I remember crop circles for the first time, the patterns were very basic and gave to the idea (from the media mostly) that the spacecraft made the crop circles by actually landing on the ground thus causing the depression and shape.

That was probably 20 or so years ago, and as time goes by the CC have got considerably more elaborate and complex.

Aided with gps and other technology, its just a simple case of humans getting better and better at making them.

[edit on Sunday20092009-07-05T16:34:52-05:00pm313420097 by thesneakiod]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Even with a GPS you still need the engineering knowhow to translate the idea from computer to crop.

These mysterious hoaxsters are both not wanting for money and very intelligent.

Nay, they would have been caught in the act by now if it were ALL humans.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Whether they are other worldly inspired and created, or hoaxes, I like them for their aesthetics and beauty...very puzzling none the less.
I wonder about the historical accounts of them being found in fields hundreds of years ago. If so, who or what made them back then...and what about the so called water born "circles" being sighted in the seas. I have read about USO accounts, that purportedly accompany water circles. Are those hoaxes? Sailors for centuries have reported witnessing USO's...and now modern Navies are trying to track them...
How is it that the circle art is always in crop fields, or some other vegetative growths, and not in sand, or even etched into huge concrete-asphalt parking lots? Why isn't there markings on top of roofs?
It would seem to me, that if some super intelligent, and technologically advanced culture could make " signs or warnings in green zones" they could also just dial us up, and make a direct call into our electronic infra-structures.
Personally, I don't understand the need for anyone to hoax anything...I guess they must just be bored, and need attention...

The lines of reality and truth are constantly being blurred and distorted everyday. It is hard to believe anything these days connected with the para-normal, and weird science. Crop circles certainly fall into these categories.

Until the day comes, that a crop circle is actually recorded in progress, and no one else is in the picture...just the images appearing out of thin air...that can be substantiated to be authentic, only then can we look for an unknown
entity behind them.

Right now, they are all suspicious and nefarious creations. Be careful in what you believe in!

I like the photos of them however...( real or not ) very neat, and yet creepy looking!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Confused and Dazed!]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
When I remember crop circles for the first time, the patterns were very basic and gave to the idea (from the media mostly) that the spacecraft made the crop circles by actually landing on the ground thus causing the depression and shape.

That was probably 20 or so years ago, and as time goes by the CC have got considerably more elaborate and complex.

Aided with gps and other technology, its just a simple case of humans getting better and better at making them.

[edit on Sunday20092009-07-05T16:34:52-05:00pm313420097 by thesneakiod]

Indeed, complexity in minutia in more recent ones definately differs from earlier complex formations in they were less complex in terms of that language type minutia.

But those back in the day when fakers were still just curious folk, the more genuine seeming which to some would indicate something familar but not quite, something more, in relation to things known in metasciences etc, were like keys and shapes seemed to have certain qualities deep down somewhere inside me and i know many others.

Everything regarding this phenomenon is very different a couple of decades on, muddy waters indeed, so much so i don't bother looking much at the many designs now, so much nonsense in them now and i've better things to do than trawl through loads of design, will leave it to others to sort wheat from chaff, pun intended.

In those days, the fakes were so obvious it was a joke and scientists were checking things out and a bit freer with information that was disclosed.

I was avidly interested and gave the earlier designs a fair bit of consideration, not any more though, needles in haystacks are frustrating to locate.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by thesneakiod

Even with a GPS you still need the engineering knowhow to translate the idea from computer to crop.

These mysterious hoaxsters are both not wanting for money and very intelligent.

Nay, they would have been caught in the act by now if it were ALL humans.

So you need engineering skills? That means a human engineer can do it then?

So they don't want money and must be intelligent? That still means a human could do it. Not every intelligent person wants money.

Caught in the act by whom? The local farmer? Would a large sum of money not quench the pain of a few damaged crops and a bit of a publicity? And who else is roaming around fields at 3 in the morning?

Hardly strong arguments for the aliens is it?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Aliens aren't exactly notorious for being social with humans on a regular basis. What do you think an average farmer would think or feel if he were to catch these higher beings in the act? Most farmers see this act as crop damaging and would be angered to find their hard work being "smashed" by "little men" let alone have it happening in their own backyard. Couldn't the farmer over react possibly causing some sort of confrontation? What could a farmer do though? He would try to do whatever it takes I'll tell you that it's his living. They ("aliens") prefer to remain illusive and spread their work over a period of time so their likeness of getting caught is reduced. I don't like to use idioms but, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join