It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Evidence Of Being Man Made

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by thesneakiod

Actually, I DO know the "tricks of the trade" when it comes to laying things on the ground. I do it for a living.

If you disagree with what I say, I don't care. I haven't made a single authorative statement other than the fact that I think the explaination of people laying these things in the field incognito is bunk.

I'm assuming your not a professional CCer though are you? Just because you lay things on the ground (whatever the hell that means) it does not mean you know how they are all done. Why can't you accept that?

Its simple really. When CC first emerged they were basic designs, simple circles etc. Now they are so complex and detailed that it shows that humans have got better at them. Show me a CC from the 70s that looks like the CCs of today.

Travel millions of miles to make pretty shapes in a cornfield (but only cornfields mind) that in the last 30 or so years no one can decipher. It makes no sense. Why not do it on a pitch in a world famous stadium?
Or why not use their (alien) tech and paint a detailed picture in the sky?

They don't because its an human induced phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Rant you say.

My good chap, you are the ranting one, as is obvious by your syntax and attacks on everybody else.

How many capitalised words have you used, tripling question marks in accentuation etc? Shouting and raising ones voice at people is ranting and that's how you are communicating, textually. Every bit as much as the assertion context in delivery of the language you choose.

If you knew what you are on about in the slightest, you'd see my syntax has nothing which can be construed "rant" in my previous post.

Merely pointing out a few things in hypothesis as well as stating a few facts. Calmly.

You are just argumentative and want to be rude and deride everything in sight which doesn't quite suit your narrowband and egocentric percepts and precepts of reality.

Cuss me all you like.

I've dismissed your nonsense from the point you flagrantly accuse me of ranting.

Grow up and behave, child!

Paxus.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaPan

Thanks for not answering the question, suppose you'll keep RANTING Enjoy. Nothing like righting two paragraphs and not even answering my question, and I'm ranting... HAH!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't understand why the posters here who support the theory that aliens made them can't grasp that this a very easy earthly thing to do? And has been admitted and shown as such to have been done by humans.

And as a previous poster stated, why are they really only exclusive to the UK? Why not spread these messages all over the world?
Is it mainly because the company involved in creating them come from the south of England?

Anyway, if one complex pattern can be done by a human, then they can ALL be done by humans.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
I don't understand why the posters here who support the theory that aliens made them can't grasp that this a very easy earthly thing to do? And has been admitted and shown as such to have been done by humans.

And as a previous poster stated, why are they really only exclusive to the UK? Why not spread these messages all over the world?
Is it mainly because the company involved in creating them come from the south of England?

Anyway, if one complex pattern can be done by a human, then they can ALL be done by humans.

They aren't actually isolated to England.

It may seem that way but examples are global, where arable land is found and cases of formations appearing on wild prairies or otherwise fallow land have been observed.

I recall from a book on the paranormal i read many years ago but cannot recall the title, that a few formation events have occurred nearly simultaneously thousands of miles apart, maybe somebody who is interested may recall similar or may recall reading the book.

It may seem as though it is an English phenomenon but that's more to do with popular press and the way major news agencies sensationalise the phenomenon but these things are commonly reported in local press of different countries, researchers do dig them up and include them in their material.

This is certainly the case where plasma balls have been observed acting very strangely, many scientists have admitted though experts in plasma ball lightening they admit they cannot explain certain behaviours which have been observed with plasma.

If somebody is that interested and opens their minds enough to want to look i am certain these will become obvious.

Most is old stuff though, not new and needs searching for, i've not the inclination any more with formations.

I mean i find it hard to believe people don't understand these things which are for real are 'managed' after appearing as soon as possible and there's likely more than just cash hungry film makers and curious country folk etc making the fakes.

This is only about opinions in this thread in relation to the greater extents of this phenomenon.

Neither side or in betweens can prove diddly really.

At the end of the day it's never the twain shall meet and that's an end of it.

Paxus.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Neither side or in betweens can prove diddly really.

Paxus.

What are you on about? It can and has been proven that humans have done these. And besides proving it at least show me good evidence of one CC that was impossible to do by human means.

Hell at least show me good evidence that aliens have done even one of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hell at least show me good evidence that aliens have done even one of them.

Never mentioned the word.

Show evidence all formations are man made, there is no such proof.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just finished watching the movie knowing it was released to day on DVD 7/7/09 you know the day we are supposed to have this solar event. Seems to me that the “aliens” that created this crop circle are now in the move promotion biz. It all has some very similar circumstances.
I smell a rat.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Then there is no debating with you at all. The proof is in the fact that humans have admitted as such to doing them, and have shown how its done. If you don't accept that, then talk about wearing blinkers. As I said before if one can be done by a human then they all can. At least show evidence of any CC that couldn't have been done using earth based technology.

I'm still waiting for a CC from the 70s that is as detailed as the ones being made now. There isn't which PROVES humans do them.

Jeez, let it sink in won't you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I just had to post this because it was additional "evidence" that the same people in the same area might be involved.

Taken in 2001...

Notice two crop circles near the white horse?

Crop circle from o.p.:

You would think after repetitive crop circles appearing in your field, and even coming back mutiple times to finish the same crop circle, someone would think about setting up a camera to catch it happening in action.

...but, no. No cameras set up. I think that is a clue that these circles just may be "allowed" to take place in these locations, and not by "aliens".

[edit on 8-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
***snip***
I cannot PROVE something that is numerically correct wrong. It is like asking me to prove that 1 + 1 = 2, which cannot be proven, because 1 + 1 = 2 is not a theorem -- it's a axiom, which doesn't require any proof mainly because it's impossible to do so.

But I can wonder -- and I mean big time -- about your hard-to-understand choice to mix "real" with a "concept" and include the parameter "people" into the x uknown variable when 2 and 7 are time-related data (days).
***snip***

I was using the same type of logic that is used to interpret the great big crop circle (which isn't a circle) and juggle things around until I see a patterne arise.

Mixing time with people or objects isn't all that bad really as we do this most of the time anyway. How long does it take two workers to dig a trench 27 meters long if they have one shovel and three "coffey breaks".
If a train starts in Chicago and another in New York at speeds of maximum 80 MpH when will they meet in a head on collision?

By some posters we are thrown into our face our ignorance of ET civilization and this ignorance is then used to allow for any type of claims because we have to agree that we cannot know about ET and how their mind works.

Even SETI is brought into the equation with a slight bias towards bending the truth a bit. SETI is not trying "to locate ET" as this implies we know they are there and we are looking for their house.
SETI is listening with a very wide ear for any signs that there is intelligent life "out there".

Some posters argue that laser equipment used for making these hoaxes will cost in excess of $15,000 as if that is proof that it isn't done by humans. A couple of laser range finders costing less than $50 can do the same job of ensuring precision.

And there are of course the fabulous claims of Crop Circles solving a hitherto unsolveable mathematical problem.
Maybe my searching skills lack in sophistiacion, but I can only find references as to the fact that a crop circle did solve a hitherto unsolved mathematical problem. There are no pictures. No mention of what the problem was. No mention of the answer having been tested.
Could someone please direct me to the factual site?

I guess I'm OK with the WOW-factor of some crop circles. I'm not entirely OK with some of the evidence for alien hands in the making.

So we have nodes lengtened. Is this the case with some of the straws collect from within the circle or was it the case with all the straws collected? How much did they collect? Same thing with the straws collected outside the circle. How much was collected and tested?

For me it is probable that some of the round crop cricles could be attributed to natural forces. Likewise I think intelligent beings created the more elaborate ones. And since we haven't any proof of other intelligent life than humans on earth - I guess it's humans that made the elaborate crop circles.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Before anyone starts to endorse my comments or attack them, please be aware of one thing. I am not a croppy lover or maker, but someone who is curious about this enigma.
I am fortunate to be able to visit these sites to see for myself, even if it’s an opportunity to have a walk through the lovely Wiltshire country side.

Unlike quite a few posters in this forum I do my own research and look at both sides of the fence to try and obtain an informed judgement. There is no doubt the some Crop Circles are man made, whilst others are difficult to explain, hence the reason why we have this enigma.

No matter which side of the fence you seat there will always be people who will support your theories or comments, but it does nothing in trying to solve this enigma, as both theories and comment prove nothing. What is needed is evidence that can be verified and checked. The crop circles are real because we have evidence and it can be verified. However the presence of a crop circle is not evidence of its method of construction unless supported by verifiable data.

It does no take much convincing that anyone with a basic understanding of geometry and triangulation, a few pieces of string, flattening boards with sufficient man power and time can make some impressive patterns. This has been proven beyond doubt.

As someone with a civil engineering background, I ask myself during my visits to these formations the basic question. If this was man made how would I over come the construction obstacles?

We know the sort of answer from Mr ET will be “we fly over the area cloaked and use our very advanced mind control electromagnetic thingy and beam it down on the ground and hey presto a pattern” or whatever our imagination cooks up as anything is possible when considering inter dimensional advanced technologies.

But then again I am told that these crop circles are man made, therefore those who are making these patterns would have to overcome the same civil engineering obstacles as Mr ET without a mind control thingy.

1. Access to and from the site un-noticed
2. Resources required
3. Topography of the land
4. Limited geographical area to work within
5. Surrounding area giving advantage points
6. Duration of construction
7. Constricted visibility during construction
8. Attention to detail and quality control
9. Orientation to compass bearing and historical landmarks
10. 3D perspective from above, all in proportion and allowing for topography of land.

Now Mr CC Maker, please explain how these engineering obstacles are overcome, as I wish to understand both sides of the fence. When looking at these formations, I can easily surmise how some patterns could be constructed by eliminating or clarifying the difficulties of the above obstacles for each pattern. But there are a lot of patterns out there which if I am to assume they are man made need more then just “I did it” or “we are planning to make one next ???”.

Unless I am lead to believe that these patterns are cooked up over a cosy pub drink, I must assume that careful planning and co-coordinating takes place, therefore there must be some sort of risk assessment done and noted. So simply cut and paste your planning assessment without giving away vital details of who you are and post your answers. Then again I am assuming that Mr CC Maker uses these forums. Or maybe someone else can shed some light on how you would overcome these obstacles, because as a civil engineer for over 20 years using some of the world’s latest equipment I am intrigued. Any response will be graded purely on a civil engineer prospective.

So here is a chance for Mr.CC Maker to shed some light on the civil engineering obstacles needed to overcome when making these patterns.

Remember through the fog of disinformation one finds the truth.

Lets see what happens.

Ottozia
Forever trying to get informed…

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Don't know of this is old, but here is a video with Frank Drake basically saying crop circles are FAKE.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

talk about wearing blinkers.

let it sink in won't you.

Right back at ya.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Right back at me eh?

1. Humans have admitted doing them.
2. Humans have shown how its done.
3. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they are anything other than man made. Certainly no evidence to suggest they are anything otherworldly.
4. CCs have got considerably more detailed as times gone on, proving that they are man made.
5. Only ever done in cornfields.
6. The majority being made in the south of england.
7. Actual CC groups predicting that one, with a specific design, will be made. Two weeks later it was. (humming bird)

Do I really have to go on?

I would love nothing more to believe that aliens make them, it's just that they don't.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was in the marching band in high school and college. We formed many strange configurations using our bodies on the football field.

Seems much like the same principle used in making crop circles.

IMHO it doesn't seem all that difficult to make a crop circle.

I can just imagine some University students and a few teachers doing these cc's as a project.

Anyone remember the egg drop thing in college? Don't know if that is done anymore or not and it was a public display and not in secret.

I do believe aliens would give us a more complex example than we are seeing now.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

That is not true, as far as I know most crop circles are made in wheat, some in alfalfa, etc., they are not limited to cornfields and I even think that I have never seen one in a cornfield.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Right back at me eh?

3. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they are anything other than man made. Certainly no evidence to suggest they are anything otherworldly.
4. CCs have got considerably more detailed as times gone on, proving that they are man made.
7. Actual CC groups predicting that one, with a specific design, will be made. Two weeks later it was. (humming bird)

I would love nothing more to believe that aliens make them, it's just that they don't.

Yes you do mate.

Because i know same as you that Most are faked.

That much is patently obvious.

But not all.

You cannot prove every crop formation is faked because there is no proof and plenty of proof of paranormal activity at various events in the past.

I suggest it is you who are closed minded and wearing the blinkers. Just as the intention of creating this thread with the proviso the primary examples were the only ones to be discussed, because it was known they are fake, to deride and belittle those who are aware these formations do have a number which are as yet an unexplained phenomenon as to their full nature whilst aspects have been researched which pose more questions than answers etc.

That many of these are faked is obvious and you seem to be trying to call me on a basis i think they are all made by little green men, which i never said, i said i do agree with consensus most are faked and you are going on like i am some deluded idiot who cannot believe any are faked which isn't the case.

Now please, go and try and belittle somebody who will actually give a crap, because i don't.

Your asserting your will and attempt to deride me as a poor deluded fool gains no purchase with me.

I do analyse things and don't believe everything blindly, you however seem to have a very closed mind and considering what evidences are there which confound explanation which you don't look at because you prefer to go through life with your mind tightly shut.

It is you who have the problem, mate.

You've made up your mind as too some others and nothing is going to sway your Opinions, you just convince yourselves you have evaluated every bit of pertinent data and know better than a lot of considerably more qualified scientists and researchers who have similar opinions to those here who do have an open mind and realise not all are crass idiots making fakes.

I very much doubt you've access to data which is necessary to refute formations beyond doubt and you are simply being grandiose and dismissive of this phenomenon because you feel empowered in your assertions you know beyond all doubt better than anybody else, which is hardly constructive, it's just a little pastime some of you guys have to pass time, running people on forums and i doubt you actually have ever had any real interest in the phenomenon, just always deriding every example as a fake regardless of what circumstances or unexplainable considerations to an event

It's you lot who have the closed minds who love trying to get under the skin of anybody a little naive and sees pics like Pg1 and posts guesses etc, innocently evaluating etc.

Well pal, i ain't of of those naive ones.

But you seem to know a lot better than all the authors of books on the subject and scientists, researchers who've studied this for decades now and everybody else with an open mind.

You must be a god among us all to know so much better than everybody
else.

Pffft.

Your opinion mate, opinion, get it.

Paxus.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow thats pedantic. OK maybe not limited to cornfields but its only in fields were it can be pressed down. Why not on a football pitch then?

Infact why only press it down? Why not completely strip it away, burn it even? They are aliens after all.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Right back at me eh?

Nothing personnel, BUT!!!

1. So because a few people say they have made one, we must assume they are all made by humans - Not logical
2. NO they have shown how SOME can be made
3. FALSE - There is plenty of evidence to show that there are forces at work which we do not understand and can not be replicated by man. On the other hand it does not suggest its ET either. It just means it is beyond our understanding at presen.
4. You logic is based upon WHAT? please point me to research data to support your comments.
5. NOT TRUE
6. Not Logical - Because they are in the South of England does not mean they are man made
7. TRUE, but that is only one and could be attributed to a lucky guess.

Now what would impress me if someone came up and posted a complex pattern and said "this will be made on xxxx date, within 4 hours of semi darkness on land which the tropograpy was uneven".
The point I make is Crop circles makers could very easily demonstrate that is could be done.

Therefore just because a few are made does not make them all man made. Like I say in my previous post some of these pattern need serious planning.

Please enlighten me if it was that simple why are not ALL patterns the same complexity.

Remember through the fog of disinformation one finds the truth.

Ottozia
Forever trying to get informed…

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join