It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREVITY: You, too, are going to die…soon! (Lessons from Fawcett and Jackson)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

I can completely understand.

Funny thing happened to me a few weeks ago, two men approach me as I am waiting for the bus, one pulls out a gun and points it in my face. For some reason I had no fear. The idea that I might die crossed my mind but I wasn't afraid of it.

Death is a release, not a punnishment.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

If you are under 30, you probably think OT is out to lunch…

What are you having for lunch then?

1) Do you see validity in the survey results?

I think this would be most peoples answers if thats what you mean but as things stand right now, if I was going to die today, I would answer one thing it would probably be to have appreciated things when I was younger but it would defeat the lessons learned. I am not exactly old either being under 30 in case you did not catch my little joke at the start.

2) What have you learned from these recent shocking deaths

The generalised world is a reflection of the people within it, not many people realise what they have until it is lost.

3) In what ways have your life experiences helped change your mind on what’s important?

I used to live a life of selfishness, stressing about conflakes such as work targets, bills, what people might think of me, not getting what I want in a nutshell. I guess what I mean by that is, not paying attention to those around me and stopping to look around.
I now spend my days helping my elders, chatting to and helping people be it an old lady in a store who needs help with her bags to something that happened recently, a man who a large group of people were simply staring at when he had fallen in his face and needed a hospital, they presumed he was drunk! (judge not lest ye be judged)

4) How will you ‘reflect’ more?

This is one thing I would say I often do and always have done. At least I might have gotten one part right from the start

Life itself is fascinating when you reflect on the lessons it teaches.

5) How will you ‘risk’ more?

When it comes to risk I dont think theres anything to fear on this earth, things hurt of course but whats for you wont go by you.

6) What are you doing that will outlast you?

This is something that really has changed in me recently. I used to want to do something "important" such as go into politics or have a great career but when you really look at that it is simply cornflakes is it not. In my opinion helping others, taking the time to appreciate what you have along with a good work ethic will leave its mark on many peoples lives and your own.
Nothing on this earth really outlasts anyone does it?

7) What did you think of the audio? If you listened?

I agree with many of the things said apart from some of the audio when it comes to nitty gritty specifics but the general message is one that many need to listen to.
I do think that many people get entangled in life and fail to enjoy it for what it is.
A gift of self teaching experience and help is only a question away if you need guidance.

Nice topic OT

PS: When it comes to how long have I lived, in all honestly, under a year but the last few months I have been taught, enjoyed, appreciated more than I ever have before and it probably has not even started yet depending on perception.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Death is inevitable .... to all of us.

That's why my Mantra in life has been " Do not Live in Fear".

I do believe that all of us have a purpose in life. I also believe that our lives are predestined.

Countless celebrities have died early on in life, Elvis Presley , Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Michael Jackson to name only a few ...but why so many ?

I am fairly certain that this isn't mere coincidence but part of their Life plan or destiny. I feel that they've simply fulfilled what they were tasked to do and it was then time for them to move on.

As with all of us, once we've completed our task here on earth , then and only then, is it our time.

Until then live life to the fullest !

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

If you are under 30, you probably think OT is out to lunch…

What are you having for lunch then?

Actually when you sent the note I was at Ted's Bison Rest.

It was good, I'll look through your post now...thank you!

OT

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ya I just got back from my fathers funeral yesterday... Death is a part of life, I am now trying to live up to the adage "life is short", "time is precious" etc...

I am left feeling somewhat sorry for my fathers life, even though it was successful in the
success depot. I have been grappling with feeling sorry for him and his well hidden short comings that most would not detect. Anyhow lets live it up... (although a nice long barely conscious day in bed sounds VERY refreshing right now as I'm drained)

Good thread

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

mm,

Sorry for your loss...you have my prayers.

Rest some my friend...

OT

PS: Thank you for the transparency

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You seem much more at PEACE!!!!

Its a good thing....

OT

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

3)In what ways have your life experiences helped change your mind on what’s important?
I don't remember what I considered as important when I had less experience in life, so I cannot answer that.

OK, for me it was..

Hair STYLES...

Certain clothing....

Basketball shoes....

The cool crowd....hanging out with them...

I guess OPINIONS, in general....I thought I had life conquered at 18 to 30....then life taught me a lesson...primarily about being less certain or judgemental of things/people/differences...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Sarahko

I can completely understand.

Funny thing happened to me a few weeks ago, two men approach me as I am waiting for the bus, one pulls out a gun and points it in my face. For some reason I had no fear......

That is incredible!

Have you figured how, you were not scared?

OT

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Ya I just got back from my fathers funeral yesterday... Death is a part of life, I am now trying to live up to the adage "life is short", "time is precious" etc...

whew....

I, too, have lost many....

You are a great, strong, person...to have posted....

OT prayin for you!!!!!

OT

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I just wasn't

Maybe it was because I feel I won't die till I'm very old. Maybe it's because somehow I knew I wasn't going to die that night. Maybe it's because I believe the life after death will be better. I don't know.

I just know that I had no fear that night. Obviously I am still alive so my lack of fear is justified.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I just wasn't

Maybe it was because I feel I won't die till I'm very old. Maybe it's because somehow I knew I wasn't going to die that night. Maybe it's because I believe the life after death will be better. I don't know.

I just know that I had no fear that night. Obviously I am still alive so my lack of fear is justified.

Alright...

All good pts.

I would call it THE GRACE OF GOD....

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join