It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the lust of money make people deceitful?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Mother Nature makes people deceitful.
Deception is a major part of the game.
Breast enhancement is going to lead to a lot of new young girls that need/want breast enhancement to get ahead.
Small breast DNA is vicious and fighting like all hell to survive and get ahead.
We are engineering ourselves into freakdom.

Hi THX/

What?
Nature like the trees and flowers and all that,make people deceitful?

Nature changed because people made it change...genetically modified seeds and all,I agree has made lots of changes to nature,yes!
I think I get what you are saying...
All the plastic people(so to speak)are causing the changes?
You have confused me!
I think that because of the Genetically modified dangerous food we are eating, is causing a Majour change to the human body!\
Not because of an evolution type, but because of the genetically poisons put in OUR food, the human body adapts to it like food...BUT it wont lead to a good end!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Mother Nature makes people deceitful.
Deception is a major part of the game.
Breast enhancement is going to lead to a lot of new young girls that need/want breast enhancement to get ahead.
Small breast DNA is vicious and fighting like all hell to survive and get ahead.
We are engineering ourselves into freakdom.

How would mother nature make people deceitful if mother nature already provided what man needs. For how did mother nature have a part to play in the technology and deceptions man created for their own benefit, when man is tearing mother nature apart?

As for how we are shaping the future with destructive technology i agree with.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

Hi anon/
And where does this confusion come from?
If EVIL and GOOD do not exist, then where does confusion come from?
Im only answering what you answered here...I did not read the whole text!

To have confusion in the mind, it has to come from somewhere?
If EVIL does not exist, then how does it form?

ICXC
helen

thanks for the reply helen.
the confusion occurs when we blame actions, thoughts, ideas, whatever, on some sort of influence or nasty devil (or angel).
most people would rather blame away things vs. stand up and saying i did this and i'll live with the consequences.
human nature is full of those nasty little traits and thats why most need a "quidebook" on how to live in harmony with the universe.

cheers

AA

[edit on 28-6-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonamousantichrist

Hi anon/

ICXC
helen

the confusion occurs when we blame actions, thoughts, ideas, whatever, on some sort of influence or nasty devil (or angel).
most people would rather blame away things vs. stand up and saying i did this and i'll live with the consequences.
human nature is full of those nasty little traits and thats why most need a "quidebook" on how to live in harmony with the universe.

cheers

AA

Well it seems many beliefs spawn from the original ones. Vedism and paganism are along the lines of those beliefs.

But whos to say that wisdom was not already in man and corrupted. They would not need a guidebook if they were not already corrupted would you say....

Many answers are within and so too does the body, mind and spirit work in unison.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Back to the topic.

Would it not be fair to discuss that rituals, symbols and images only impede mans ability of thought to create in unison with God, in a manner they think they are being served or serving.

What are they serving but another man's ability to create what has been served for them. How is it that man time after time give their own power away to a priest for whom they manifest with. Only to believe they themselves are Gods? If they were Gods why would they need to serve the image of a God/godesses for if they are not giving their power away to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
There are plenty of Wealthy people that are good people and there are plenty of poor people who are greedy.

We have a pretty good system in the U.S. and most of the Western world, as you can grow up in a poor or working class family and become wealthy if you work hard enough or get lucky. MJ did it.

There are parts of our system that are criminal even though they are not labeled as such- like the federal reserve bank & the IRS as well.

Mexicans are labeled criminals for coming to America and working, but I doubt they are in the eyes of God as they are just trying to make as good as a living as they can for their family.

I have no doubt those who ran Enron were evil greedy bastards as well as Bernie Madoff and many other big time schemers.

Matthew 13 47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Hi anon/

ICXC
helen

cheers

AA

Hi anon/

Now we are getting somewhere!
Ok, we tend to blame God did this, The devil made me do it and so forth...
So,here's my question....where did these thoughts originate from?
Who put them there?
Are we born to have these thoughts?
Are babies born to these traits?
How?
There's always a third person involved,believe me.
If not in person,then in our minds....who put those nasty thoughts in there, in the first place?
That's my question.

take care,
ICXN NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Hi verylowfre/

I agree with the plenty of rich may be good and poor may also be greedy!
As for the original post...Lust of money makes people deceitful?
Well,if you lust for something,you want it,you go after it no matter what?
True?
So, yes,I believe it makes a person deceitful and when one deceives one also will do anything to cover up their ways.

My thoughts.

ICXN NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Money is not the cause of deceit and treachery. Deep down in one's inner core is where deceit lives. The deceit and treachery is what one does with the money. Deceit can arise from one using their monetary gains to wage war, murder, soliciting prostitutes, scam people (pyramid & ponzi schemes), purchase drugs and alcohol in excess, and there are many other results of human depravity from money.

Money can be used to do a lot of good such as feeding the hungry, building a water purification plant in the 3rd world, purchasing a education for a person not of the means of doing it for themselves and others . . . My whole outlook on money is this; how much does one really need to survive? In my opinion, all one really needs is sustenance, a roof for themself and their family, and clothes on their backs. So we use money as another excuse for mistreatment of others, when it isn't the money at all; it is the person.

Many things deemed bad actually can be good but it is the abuse of the good things that cause the problems. My whole view is spread the wealth if you can make allies instead of enemies. What good is it for man to have all the riches in the world but lose his soul in the process?

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Hi anon/

ICXC
helen

cheers

AA

Hi anon/

Now we are getting somewhere!
Ok, we tend to blame God did this, The devil made me do it and so forth...
So,here's my question....where did these thoughts originate from?
Who put them there?
Are we born to have these thoughts?
Are babies born to these traits?
How?
There's always a third person involved,believe me.
If not in person,then in our minds....who put those nasty thoughts in there, in the first place?
That's my question.

take care,
ICXN NIKA
helen

good questions!

part of being carnal is the information we carry/pass in our dna. as a result, some of these traits we are born with, even so, most are taught.

i am responsible for the thought (even though i may or may not know myself well enough to realize that i created it).
could something help that thought process grow? absolutely.......but, ultimately, it's just little 'ole me.

i usually pass on these types of threads. i'm glad this one caught my eye.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I say, absolutely that money is the great corrupter. It creates deceipt, and other poor behaviors.

Let's get rid of it. This is possible now (see www.abovetopsecret.com... for a description of how we could do this, as well as my book, linked in my sig).

If we got rid of money, casting off slavery to our machinery, we could create heaven on earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Ah quit ragging on the rich people. So what if some people want lots of money, need lots of it, can't seem to get enough. It's none of my business if someone else wants to have more than me. Maybe those that keep ragging on the rich people are the same as the rich, with the exception that they have no money, but want lots too. Mind your own business people. You want money, go for it, mimic the rich, follow in their footsteps, do what they did to get it, whatever.

Most these days were born to money. The really BIG money is inherited. How do you propose we go get born into money?

And it not "the rich," per se, that are being "ragged on." It is any who lie and defraud in order to ensure their own riches. Honestly made money is not the issue. Money made by creating "pandemics" so as to sell the toxic "vaccines," for example.

You, I suspect, have a very limited view of the Universe.

I couldn't care any less if others have more than me. If I want more, I'll go work for it and earn my own .. rather than covet those that have what I may want. This idea of ragging on the rich is bad, it's called coveting. You want something in life, go earn it yourself .. don't be trying to take what you want from others that have what you want. If your neighbor has a million apples and you don't but you would like a million apples too, plant your own apple trees, and stop ragging on your neighbor for growing more apple trees than you have.

Again, it's NOT that some "have more money." It's that so much of the fortunes have been made by stepping on others, lying and cheating. It is NOT "coveting." I do not covet nor begrudge the money made by honest endeavor. I begrudge the money made by scheming against humanity.

Coveting is so disgusting. Decide what will make you happy in life and go for it. Gawd, seems like the world is full of covetors these days. "Whaaa, I want what they got, make them give me some of what they got. Whaaa." Cry babies. Covetors. Grow up humons, grow up! I couldn't care any less if others have more than me. My happiness is not determined by comparing what I have to my neighbor. Some people seem to keep comparing themselves and their lives to the lives of others. Those that complain about those that have more than them seem to not be happy unless everyone else has less than they do. What if everyone was poor, would that make the covetors happy? Grow up earthlings, stop coveting, it's a sin!

Yep. This shows that you are ignorant of the many crimes against humanity that have been done (like starting wars and supplying both sides...) in the pursuit of money.

Call us "covetors" all you want. You lack the understanding of what is being said here.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I say, absolutely that money is the great corrupter. It creates deceipt, and other poor behaviors.

If we got rid of money, casting off slavery to our machinery, we could create heaven on earth.

I don't think you are being realsitic.

Humanity is a stupid race. They will not easily give up thier shiny metal coins and credits on a computer screen.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I don't think you are being realsitic.

Humanity is a stupid race. They will not easily give up thier shiny metal coins and credits on a computer screen.

LOL! It is not realistic as long as the populace at large doesn't know that we can have abundance now. As long as they are thinking in a scarcity paradigm, which requires money to account for who "owns" what, we will not see the change.

But as an abundance paradigm is simultaneous service to self and others, IF the concept was heralded far and wide, all would be motivated to do what little part they might have to do. And out of the many little actions, abundance will emerge.

It's a matter of reaching a tipping point.

If you have not read my book (offered freely) I might suggest you do so before you claim my ideas are not realistic.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yes

Money = survival and I have seen in my 56 years of life perfectly nice people do very horrible things to acquire money.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Money=Power

Money equals power. A minimum wage middle class worker is less influential and has less control over the world than someone who makes Millions a year.

The real question should be "Does power corrupt?"

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
Money=Power

The real question should be "Does power corrupt?"

Wealth = Power

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." - Lord Acton

Absolute Power typically refers to concepts of tyranny, corruption, authoritarianism, absolutism, and totalitarianism, and is associated largely with monarchy and non-democratic forms of government.

en.wikipedia.org...

What they say ...

Deuteronomy 8:17
And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.

-----

What they say ...

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Luke 9:1
Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luke 10:19 - Origin of don't tread on me?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c76bb180f02c.gif[/atsimg]

-----

What they hear ...

Deuteronomy 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

19 And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

20 As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The stronger your faith in God the less likely you will fall in this trap. However I have seen it more in USA than any other country. This is the basics of economics. When you don't feel secure million of Dollars would mean nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

"America is a very deceitful place. It seems as if everything is a lie and everyone is a lier. Even those who have no money are deceitful, they are just not capable of hiding thier deceit, because they tend to be stupider."

Your own prejudices soil what might otherwise be a good bit of observation. In fact, greed and dishonesty infect every corner of humanity. Our history... one that predates America by thousands of years, show that the desire to gain material wealth breeds dishonesty and indeed, even murder. We covet those things we do not have and will jealously take what we can not acquire honestly.

Nations of all political slants, peoples of all religious backgrounds, cultures of otherwise noble backgrounds all harbor this in their populations.

The undeniable truth is that our species as a whole carries greed and envy as natural imperfections.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think money lust breeds decietfulness, however the people who control the money...Ie. the government I do beleive in their control over this aspect of all of our lives, rich or poor, they have been decietful, helping to wage our anger against each other so we'll continue in the rat race just so we can keep up with the "Jones'" whom we've been told to hate because they are wealthy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join