It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest tax increase in American history under the guise of climate change has passed.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ntity
Another problem with this bill is the unforeseen repercussions.

America will have an international problem with cap and trade. How will it compete with the countries that don't have it?

But what about other countries like China and India. There's no way they'll play along. They'll issue tariffs right back at the US. Some might say, "Yay, too cool. Buy American", but if that happens once more you're looking at another inflationary hit. Local prices already rising from the spin-off effects of cap and trade, rise once more in reaction to the inflated prices of foreign goods, as a battle of protectionism begins. The worth of the American dollar takes a dump.

I guess you don't check the other sources of info on this.

Only deep water west coast port handed to China

Rockefeller said China is the model society and as one of the
most influential ppl on earth via being the founder and funder
of the Council on Foreign Relations he can set policy thru puppets.

Bilderberg also sets policy thru puppets, as does the Trilateral commission.

This has been going on for a long time, its nothing new except that
it is out in the open now.

They wanted you to know and understand their intent and wrote
it in stone and stuck it on a hill in Georgia 30 years ago.

World Population to be reduced by 6.2 billion

The problem is no one believes it even thou they CAN see it.

These sheep in the local churches think jesus is gonna beam them up
and save them from the tribulations, that is not how it is gonna play out.

Bohemian Grove

We have business and political leaders praying to stone owls and
doing mock human sacrifice and use a recorded human voice crying
out in anguish to add realism, and the citizenry think these ppl are
christians which makes me wanna laugh out loud except for the horror.

Belizean Grove

The latest supreme court nominee is a member of a similar society
in Belize and once it was made public she bowed out when our
male politicians here get a pass for their membership in the same cult.

90+% of the planet is too busy with sports, chasing the opposite sex,
watching fake made up drama, or working their rear off to own
material things.

Take a look at the Campaign for Liberty website and you see that
less than 1 million ppl in the US have visited the site.

That is less than 1% of the population in the US.

There is a tiny number of ppl awake, and the rest are following
the pied piper to their doom.

Thus why I have posted on here for many months, prepare to
protect your friends and family, and watch for the signs that are
coming and know when to get the hell out of dodge.

As I have said before, the cities will not be safe and the highways
will be blockaded. Have 3 back road routes preplanned and drive
them at least once to make sure no bridges are out, etc.

Only those who can hide very well in the wilderness, preferably
underground, will have a snowballs chance in hell of surviving
what is coming.

Prepare accordingly !!!

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Our Power and Light company reported this bill will raise energy prices 50% over the next four years. This is very significant hike. I mean a 50% hike in a recession? Not to mention everything else this will affect.

So far we have done away with our natural gas use, made it through the entire winter. The gas company even came out a few weeks ago to check our property, thinking maybe we were using gas and not paying. I don’t see how we can do away with electricity.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by auntie_11k
Our Power and Light company reported this bill will raise energy prices 50% over the next four years. This is very significant hike. I mean a 50% hike in a recession? Not to mention everything else this will affect.

A significant hike brought to you by Obama and the party that fights for the little guy...

I wonder when the buyer's remorse will be setting in.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Global warming is nothing more than a make believe cash-cow fabricated in the mind's of greedy polticians as a means to tax the ass out of what little industry we still have remaining in this country.

How many actual legitimate scientists need to step up and refute this nonsense before people start to take notice and listen?

It is a sham, a farce, Al Gore invented the internet, global warming is the new devil!! Nevermind that Indo-China is belching pollution particles into the air at a rate that is unmatched in the history of industrialized society.

Hey let's also invent a tax that can be levied against cows who fart and the farmers who feed them!!! Let's make electricity virtually unaffordable to the poor who are already suffering from a failing economy.

Let's jack the price of gas back up, raise the electric bills through the roof, and come winter time we can see how many poor Americans we can starve and freeze to death.

The stupidity is sickening. Our leadership is now working against us. How can we continue on this same course?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is for all the tree huggers out there. How much CO2 is given off by one volcanoe? Any fracking idea? I am going to pull this out of my arse, 1 volcanoe gives off the equivalent of all man made CO2 of one year. Now guess the average volcanic eruptions per year, get this idiots approximately 25(at the minimum for the last 100 years-thats minimum and basing our emissions at the peak). Now just taking this into account, humans do less than 4 % of CO2 emissions with respect to volcanoes. Now what converts CO2? Plants convert CO2 to O2, without CO2, plants could not survive. Just a couple of facts for the factless.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Anyone catch this video of Boehner exposing the b.s.?? He had a great little exchange with the California Wacko Waxman. Notice the applause in the clip.

Just before the House passed what could end up being the largest tax increase in U.S. history, Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Oh.) took to the floor and dissected the disgusting "American Clean Energy and Security Act" while accusing Democrats of shamefully adding 300 pages to the bill at 3 AM Friday morning.

Follow the link for the video series.
newsbusters.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What I find most amusing about this bill is that it will have no impact whatsoever outside of the U.S. Almost as if we have our own special atmosphere/Obamasphere surrounding us. I would love to see this pass in China and India or Mexico. All heavily industrialized countries that seriously lack any major pollution control measures.

Emissions will be rationed in “allowances” among current emitters and owners of allowances will be able to buy and sell them on a national exchange. A commodity market for AIR!! The progressive liberals are literally creating a revenue stream for themselves out of thin air.

The bill will force more American companies to pull U.S. manufacturing operations from our soil. So, with no manufacturing in this country, I guess the plan will work. Nice clean air, empty factories and more cheaply made imported products. What a great country.

This bill still has to make it through the Senate. So, call, write and email your senators to stop this B.S.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
TV News is reporting that this bill is condemned by Green Peace and that the bill MAY lower the temperature of the earth 1/10 of 1 degree by 2050. :shk:

Actually, I think it has already raised the earths temperature.
All that HOT AIR coming out of DC and all the chuckling that Al Gore
must be doing right now ....

Originally posted by eldard
The demise of your country has started. And the world is rejoicing.

Another JEALOUS person. Pretty pathetic. :shk:

[edit on 6/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well when you have over 2000 lobbyist pimping for whores in the white house from 600 and some interest groups that have nothing Green but only in their butts then you figure that 4 lobbyist pimps per congress whores will make any corrupted politicians scream with pleasure.

Those same pimps were making contributions during Obamas campaign very eagerly.

That tells you how deep our nations political system is corrupted.

All in the name of profits.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sick Ian Pilmer on them, i heard on the Radio he went abit crazy about all tis man made climate change BS.

* Solar activity a greater climate change driver than man
* '0.1 per cent of carbon dioxide due to human activity'
* Geologist says he doesn't care if no-one agrees
MANKIND is naive to think it can influence climate change, according to a prize-winning Australian geologist.
Solar activity is a greater driver of climate change than man-made carbon dioxide, argues Ian Plimer, Professor of Mining Geology at the University of Adelaide and winner of several notable science prizes. “When meteorologists can change the weather then we can start to think about humans changing climate,” Prof Plimer said.
“I think we really are a little bit naive to think we can change astronomical and solar processes.”

www.news.com.au...

Also good to see he got some MSM attention

More info about Ian and his work here www.sciencealert.com.au...

Also just came across this and thought it was well said and worth posting

A PROMINENT geologist Ian Plimer has labelled climate change theory an "ascientific, urban, religious, fundamentalist movement" promoted by academics and activists who would be "unemployable outside taxpayer-funded climate institutes".

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

[edit on 29/6/2009 by wycky]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Hey let's also invent a tax that can be levied against cows who fart and the farmers who feed them!!!

After the government taxes the farmer for his farting cows...

They then tax the people who burn the cowfarts that were sold to pay for the taxes that were incurred after the purchase of the farts.

The person who burns the fats does so to generate electricity which he sells to pay the taxes on the farts he just burned and cover the costs of own C02 emissions and those of his large family..

The end result is this keeps happening until it hits the American citizen in the form of increased prices and a reduced standard of living.

*Get this; People who use woodfires to heat their home might now be tax evaders and subject to prosecution.

I hear there is a reward for informing on these criminal 'types'... which can be used to help you pay your carbon taxes... Same goes for those rainwater collectors - they are criminals too.

(I joke - but yeah, woodfire-heating will be a form tax evasion and it is illegal in many states to collect rainwater
)

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

About Cow farts, i did some research on it about a week ago and put it on my blog, because the fact that they are going to tax it bothers me.
Here is my research.

After posting below about the Methane Produced in Cow Farts is affecting the environment so they can tax us which will increase cost and stunt to growth of the meat industries.

I thought I should actually do some research on the matter and see how much Methane is actually being produced by our farm friends and how it is affecting the environment.

First thing Methane is a “Naturally” occurring gas -
Of the Greenhouse gases currently in the atmosphere approx only 0.00017% is methane.
One article I read in 2004 didn’t even mention livestock - “The No. 1 source of our nation’s anthropogenic methane emissions, by contrast, is the decomposition of garbage in landfills”

I guess 5 years ago there were less vegans in politics and the government wasn’t in dire need of money.

In more recent studies (this is my favorite part) guess where 30% of the worlds Methane comes from…..PLANTS!!!! that’s right plants, here we are planting trees to reduce C02 emissions and we are creating more Methane, there’s one for the greenies

“To their amazement, the scientists found that all the textbooks written on the biochemistry of plants had apparently overlooked the fact that methane is produced by a range of plants even when there is plenty of oxygen.”

So Methane is a naturally occurring gas….so why is it bad??
Methane traps 20x more heat then C02 does, however it has an Atmospheric life of approx 7 years in comparison to C02 which can last 50 - 200 years.

Now the Irony - Kyoto Protocol on Climate Change:
The Kyoto Protocol allows countries and companies to offset emissions from the burning of fossil fuels like coal and oil by funding the planting of new forests or the restoration of deforested areas.
So… we are allowing countries to pump more C02 into the air as long as they “offset” it by planting more trees….??? which will create more methane….???? *insert Scooby Doo Confused looked here*
All in all I don’t know how bad Methane is but because it is a naturally occurring gas maybe there is something we are missing maybe it has another function, i don’t know of anything naturally created that harms the earth. A 1000 years ago there was a lot more trees, animals and Natural Methane deposits seeping methane into our atmosphere I think there would have been more then compared to now.

1 more Question:
Why is it that me a high school drop out can spend a few hours on the Internet collaborate all the above info and come to the conclusion that taxing cow farts isn’t going to help save the environment, yet there are politicians, the EPA and Vegans who say it is??? I’ll tell you why… because that’s what they are paid to do

Source, Source, Source, Source, Source,Source, Source, Source, Source

Also take note -The fact that plants release Methane has not been mentioned since 2006…. something for you to think about

Edit:
Add sources
www.slate.com...
www.cypenv.org...
www.rsc.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ghgonline.org...
news.softpedia.com...
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Mod Note: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS– Please Review This Link

[edit on Mon Jun 29 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
As I am reading through this thread it becomes apparent that most of the people who are against this bill are simply worried about money. The shortsightedness of this is amazing to me.

Actually, in my case it's a given that I won't be able to afford power when the power companies start abusing this, so really for me it's a matter of heat, rather than money.

The up side is that I know where I can get literally TONS of coal really cheap, so I know I'll have heat, by burning the coal. Won't have lights or internet and such, but I'll have heat.

Maybe I can figure out how to build a personal-sized coal-fired steam generator plant in my back yard. Since they already tax my property, that would amount to an illegal double tax, I think. That way I could have a wee bit of electrical power too.

Hmmm... might be worth looking into.

But in a larger sense, it's far more important than that. it's about a government run amok, micromanaging and seizing even more power and control not authorized to it, all while trying to shove pseudo-science down the public's throat as an excuse for the action, trying to scare them with a bogey man that doesn't exist.

It's about doing an end-run around constitutional limitations on rights of taxation.

Ergo, it's about loss of freedom.

THAT's why I oppose it. It ain't about the money. I really CAN burn wood and coal for heat. Did it for years.

This goes FAR deeper than any global warning mythology.

[edit on 2009/6/29 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Sick Ian Pilmer on them, i heard on the Radio he went abit crazy about all tis man made climate change BS.

* Solar activity a greater climate change driver than man
* '0.1 per cent of carbon dioxide due to human activity'
* Geologist says he doesn't care if no-one agrees
MANKIND is naive to think it can influence climate change, according to a prize-winning Australian geologist.
Solar activity is a greater driver of climate change than man-made carbon dioxide, argues Ian Plimer, Professor of Mining Geology at the University of Adelaide and winner of several notable science prizes. “When meteorologists can change the weather then we can start to think about humans changing climate,” Prof Plimer said.
“I think we really are a little bit naive to think we can change astronomical and solar processes.”

www.news.com.au...

Also good to see he got some MSM attention

More info about Ian and his work here www.sciencealert.com.au...

Also just came across this and thought it was well said and worth posting

A PROMINENT geologist Ian Plimer has labelled climate change theory an "ascientific, urban, religious, fundamentalist movement" promoted by academics and activists who would be "unemployable outside taxpayer-funded climate institutes".

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Does the professor also explained how the [extreme]greenhouse effect works on Venus? or Mars? or Enceladus a moon of Saturn?

Cassini has informed us that Enceladus generates its own heat. Its high temperatures seem to be incompatible with calculations based on solar energy itself, according to existing models.

motls.blogspot.com...

Once again , human activity is not the only variable, its called mutiple regression...But the increase of the greenhouse effects is indeed caused by human activty[emissions] ..
Isnt it strange that 179 countries in the world signed Kyoto and wanted to do something about those emissions [and some American states]and the greenhouse effect?, and still most of you people here say this Bill destroys your country? this bill which and i quote

..would require drastic cuts in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions by mid-century, cutting emissions across the entire economy to 17 percent of 2005 levels by 2050, meaning that the economy would be forced to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 83 percent by 2050

And then you tell that these people want to destroy our future?
Ooh China is not working on it so why whould we? That is called the collective actions problem, think about that...There's more then the USA on this world...

And if you dont think solar or wind power works? look at Spain, Germany and Denmark, and how whole industries were created by massproduction and scaling up in the Wind and Solar sector, its big money, and employment trust me..

But this shouldnt be about money, its about the only planet we have...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I also have a question which has been overlooked here.

What will all of this tax revenue go towards, who will delegate what it is used for?

How exactly is money going to solve global warming?

What if a volcano erupts, thus negating any efforts made by our bonehead politicians to save the environment? Are they going to tax the volcano as well?

Global warming.......yet another invisible, unprovable boogie man that can be used to fleece the people who are dense enough to believe in it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

When the planet gets tire of the damaging effects of the viral, bacterial and parasite properties of the human organism it will do what it does best, rid the earth of it on its own.

And its not going to be a darn thing that we can do about it.

But is one thing that profiteers are doing they are making life for other human beings a very expensive nightmare so they can make money.

All in the name of global warming.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Polluting is bad. CO2 needs to be processed by trees to create Oxygen.
You stop cutting down the rainforest and replant what you all cut down.
Then you can go on throwing more of our greedy waste back into the air.

You do realize that by the very act of breathing, you are polluting the planet, by your own definition. This is because you are exhaling that evil CO2 pollutant into our atmosphere.

Which is of course YOUR contribution to our "greedy waste" load, and it's being thrown DIRECTLY into the air.

I'm writing my congress critters, see if I can't get another tax slapped on that.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I will never agree with our government!

Then GTFO hater.

The same goes for the rest of you.

Everyone who posted in this thread and said the bill was bad w/o reading the bill is a tool.

Everyone who actually got up and contacted their representative(s) prior to commenting on it on the internet, Kudos, you are a true American.

I live in Pittsburgh PA. This bill will create $millions, hopefully hundreds of $millions in revenue for our city. The steel mills here will produce a lot of the parts for the wind energy and other alternative energy sources.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Polluting is bad. CO2 needs to be processed by trees to create Oxygen.
You stop cutting down the rainforest and replant what you all cut down.
Then you can go on throwing more of our greedy waste back into the air.

You do realize that by the very act of breathing, you are polluting the planet, by your own definition. This is because you are exhaling that evil CO2 pollutant into our atmosphere.

Which is of course YOUR contribution to our "greedy waste" load, and it's being thrown DIRECTLY into the air.

I'm writing my congress critters, see if I can't get another tax slapped on that.

Right, and this bill ONLY stops CO2 emissions, and you know that cause you read it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
Everyone who posted in this thread and said the bill was bad w/o reading the bill is a tool.

And yet the House of Representatives didn't read much of the bill either, especially the 300 page addition courtesy of the Democrats, but they rammed in down our throats because they thought it was good??

So I guess its ok if the legislators don't read the bill, and it must be fine for them to follow whatever their special interest tell them to follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join