It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest tax increase in American history under the guise of climate change has passed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The largest tax increase in American history under the guise of climate change has passed.

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama scored a major victory on Friday when the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation to slash industrial pollution that is blamed for global warming.

The House passed the climate change bill, a top priority for Obama, by a vote of 219-212. As has become routine on major bills in Congress this year, the vote was a partisan one, with only eight Republicans joining Democrats for the bill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not even on the top page of ATS. Sad.

This marks an incredible day in American History. If the Senate Passes this Bill imagine how many more Americans will be homeless.

Increased Electricity Bills, Increased Natural Gas Bills, and Increased Gas Prices.

We need to take back our government. They are destroying the people.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is getting rediculous

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'll just keep spreading the word:

Small companies go out. Big companies buy them. They use it to afford the fine, nothing changes but more monopolies.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And of course no one is committing about it. Michael Jackson died!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by longstalker

where is the resistance? or is this meant to be a lone wolf thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is no resistance because we are in a world within a world. In our dead internet we are the knowing, and they the ignorant. We must therefore export the knowing to the outside world

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Soon it will be in Australia and UK no doubt. We are screwed.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
People can barely afford their utility bills now. I know people who are wearing sweats and sweaters in their homes in the winter as it stands. Guess it's time to buy a nice indoor coat.

S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Obama
Obama
Obama
Obamamessiah

Change You can believe in.....

Hope .... Change

So how is that change working for You?

At this point I hope it passes both houses so I can see all those Obama idiots begging for mercy.... Is this the change that the idiots voted for. Somehow I doubt it is.. The best part about it is seeing the people that voted for skin color finally realize their messiah is a crook...

The funny thing is I work with a lot of blacks that make 80k to 150k a year and they agree with me when I say this idiot is going to start a civil war.... So whine cry all You want nothing has changed except the size of our bumm holes which is getting bigger with all the screwing that weve been getting lately....

Obamamessiah

Obamamessiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well boys and girls, there just may be a bright side to all the Obama/Pelosi/Reid activity.

It's got to get better.

Because it sure as hell can't get much worse!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You are right about that he did score a major victory for over all those interest groups that are to benefit very profitable from this bill that many of the morons that voted for it didn't had the time and brain to read it.

The destruction of our great nation has been done by the same
morons that swore to protect our nation and its citizens.

More BS to be enforced upon us while the rest of the world laugh at Global warming.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This will start a whole new derivatives market!!

Yippie!!!

The housing derivitaives market just wasn't enough was it Obama!!

I've had it with these GD criminals!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This was the first time i ever watched cspan as they voted on this bill and it made me sick.From what i have been hearing is that most of the money this tax bill makes 75% will go to special interests.Does anyone in congress care about the little man in America?If the economy was booming and people were working then i might be inclined to be ok with this bill but with the economy on life support and like 9% unemployment and most of the others taking pay cuts to keep there jobs this is just stupid them trying to pass this.Don't get me wrong i am for the enviroment and saving it but economically right now its a bad idea.I want to know if the people(congress) who say it is only going to cost the amount of a stamp per day for each person if they will pick up the rest of the amount of my electric bill when this tax hits.Sorry for ranting but this gets me mad since here in Pa they are going to deregulate the electric companies and they say the bills will go up 35% next year not including this stupid tax.The only good couple things is that they say this won't pass the senate woohoo and that if it does become law that the ones who voted it in will probably loose reelection(which I hope).Also if this passes then i am pretty sure the republicans will win the presidency in 2012 woohoo!!!Sad thing is I actually voted for obama
i guess i live and learn.Again sorry for ranting.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You know how many lobbyist from interest groups were in Washington helping pass this bill with contributions for the election campaigns last year?

Over 2 thousand, that is almost 4 lobbyist for every congressman or woman.

That tells you how well the corruption in our government runs.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What's even more amazing is that 11 Republicans voted yes for this bill...which ended up being the deciding factor as 44 Democrats voted no.

What the hell do Republicans stand for again?

I knew this was going to happen. MJ is taking all the media headlines and this bill was swept under the rug with little coverage.

It's not a big deal...raising all of our energy bills which are already sky high isn't a big deal at all!

But the death of some crazy weird irrelevant man is WORLD CHANGING!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

What the hell do Republicans stand for again?

They stand to for the "God of money", I hope it burns a hole in the dirty pockets.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I heard to get the yes votes they needed they had to give those congressmen stuff in the bill so they would vote yes.In my opinion legal bribery which is still bribery which is bull****

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Hmm? Climate change is real and something has to be done. I applaud to the new law restricting American greenhouse gas emissions. This is very good. Now you can join the civilized world again. Now we can save the Earth together.

To me the idea that this will result in increase of taxes is insane. What about your children and grandchildren? You want them to live in a world of ecological disaster? Complaining about taxes in a case like this is so insanely selfish and short-sighted I wonder how you manage to live withyourself.

Actually the NWO is a good idea, if USA is full of selfish people who don't care about the world. Then you will submit. I, for one, now welcome our NWO overlords. I noticed that the Americans are so selfish people I want the NWO to control you.

I gotta apply for a job as a some kind of a foreign NWO controller in USA. I will make you pay your carbon emission taxes.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Etsivä Romppainen

good one estiva. You need to throw in some obama chants and it will be perfect.~

oooobamaaa

oooobamaa

ooobamaaa

[edit on 6/27/2009 by JPhish]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join