It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac Killer: The Case Reviewed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Okay good. That make sense.

I forgot to ask:

Was the watch and the short story ever released to the newspapers and printed? Right around the time of the murders?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Um? Printed? I don't think I understand, I know its probably simple to grasp, but I didn't follow. Kind of slow today..lol.. I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Or trying to take credit for the crime, or protect the guilty! Either way, he was claiming something that may, or may not have been true.

He was playing a crazy making game. I'm innocent but....

A sorta cat and mouse game, and one that he enjoyed. All very telling!!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Um? Printed? I don't think I understand, I know its probably simple to grasp, but I didn't follow. Kind of slow today..lol.. I'm sorry.

Did the police keep the evidence quiet or did they release the info? I did not see the movie, so forgive me. But did the clip show them interviewing him later in Allen's life or closer to the crimes?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

They kept it sealed. Thats why Graysmith had to struggle to get information because they kept it in the records room, becaus ethe case was still open. However, Graysmith recieved help and then gained access to the records room, where he put all the evidence together. The most dangerous game was actually shown in 1960 something, and Graysmith added that info as well. The book was referenced a lot by Allen to his family and to the police as you had seen on the previous page. And even till the day he died he denied everything. Since he died so suddenly, I can only think that if he had live, he would have announced he was the Zodiac. The Zodiac seems like the type of person who loved attention, know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well, then this answers it for me! How could he have known and connected all the dots? Unless he had a relative in the police force who was privy to the evidence.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Graysmith? He had to stuggle..lol.. The detective in charge did not want him to investigate, because he felt it was his case. However, after Graysmith did some ametur sleuthing he found that a few military or navy bases I forgot which one all had their Cipher and Code books stolen, every book was stolen. Graysmith showed the evidence to the head detective and he told him that he couldn't tell him anything except to go and see a detective in Napa. And then Graysmith was able to break the detective in Napa and it was a huge mess! You really need to see the movie, its accurate and factual.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Actually I was talking about Allen, lol! I would have to go back and read everything about Allen again (what he seemed to know and not) and I too, am tired!

Regardless, a good thread! I also find the "Jack the Ripper" story very intriguing. I just finished "The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher." A true story about the Victorian murder of a 3 year old! It was quite the detective story of the 1860's! Quite gruesome and went on to form the basis of many famous novels and novelists like Dickens, Wilkie Collins, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I plan on doing the ripper in the next few case reviews. I thought you meant Graysmith..lol.. I apologize. I need to read that book, it sounds enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
matrix i sincerely hope you dont mind me imagining Sherlock Holmes talking when i read what you say. lol

and im pretty ocnvinced allen did it. the sketch aggravates me to no end as does the fact that he SEEMS to be the perfect suspect.

child molester, bomb maker, multiple personalities, suppressed hatred!
if this were a work of fiction i would have thrown the book across the room days ago at the ridiculousness that he wasnt caught (if he in fact did it)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
het if anyone is interested in read The Most Dangerous Game, here it is
www.classicreader.com...

unless im mistaken but this seems right. enjoy.

ok i finished reading it. i am not exactly sure why Allen or the Zodiac (or anyone) was so obsessed with it. its an interesting short story, but it doesnt exactly seem to have much of a message except "Man is the most dangerous game to hunt."
and that being said, zodiac didnt actually hunt anyone. He murdered them cold blood. Theres no evidence he ever gave any of them a chance. Both the main character AND the possibly psychotic General Zaroff thought it was (in Zaroff's words) "barbaric" to murder someone.

this does seem like it gives (MINOR) credibility that Jack Tarrance was the Zodiac. he WAS a big game hunter after all. Maybe he got tired of bears and deer...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

matrix i sincerely hope you dont mind me imagining Sherlock Holmes talking when i read what you say. lol

Actually, I consider it a compliment! Better than Miss Marple! Hehehe, even though she was a brilliant sleuth by Agatha Christie...just a little old!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

hahaa...how would Poirot work for you? but i doubt you have ze little moustaches.

i dont care for miss marple too much. it SO dry.

holmes is the best.

anyway...if anybody reads the story let me know what you think.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

hahaa...how would Poirot work for you? but i doubt you have ze little moustaches.

Oh I love him! But he does have a bit of a penguin look about him.

Actually, it is Agatha Christie who I really admire. Wish she were still around! Along with - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

I will try to get around to reading that short story.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Arthur Lee Allen was not the Zodiac. Get it through your heads. The best candidate is Larry Kane or whatever his real name is. Go to link Zodiackiller.com and look him up. He may have known Allen or had mutual friends and stole some ideas from him. He fit the physical description, his cars matched, his photo was picked out of a line up. His hand writing matched. He was seen by a witness at the lake Berryessa spot a short while before the murders took place.

www.zodiackiller.com...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think we can close this case ladies and gentlemen. Arthur Leigh Allen was the killer. He had navy access, explosives, and many reports of child abuse. Yep, case is closed.

The Zodiac Killer: The Case Is Closed

Closing Statements:

Arthur Leigh Allen was the Killer. Will post more info later, that will solidify this finding.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Arthur Lee Allen was NOT The Zodiac. His writing didn't match, his DNA didn't match, his description didn't match, his fingerprints didn't match, his guns didn't match and he did not fit the profile. Pedophiles usually aren't murderers. He simply liked screwing with the police because he knew it wasn't him.
Everything about Kane matched. I don't know if his DNA was ever checked. Unfortunately he probably will never be prosecuted. I read one article that claimed he was part of a drug ring with the Mob and some police and some of the victims knew and were silenced.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well the case appears to lean one way heavily, and TML has the right guy in his sights--as do many agencies. It doesn't matter cause that guy is dead now anyways right? Also if there haven't been anymore killings then I would guess this case would go the way of "Jack The Ripper", which was "KILLER UNKNOWN" but killings over so move on after 50 years right?

Once again GREAT THREAD TML.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Okay, I love the thread, the ideas behind it, and everything, but do you not think that this outside look at an in depth type of criminal case would take some interviewing people?

I am not trying to crush the thread, nor your enthusiasm, TML, but looking at something, with 20/20 hindsight, sifting through details and stories, does not make a case solved.

As far as ATS is concerned, you made a great thread, and great points, but the outside world, will it agree with your conclusions?

Just food for thought my friend.

I am playing Devil's Advocate here, of course.

Great thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
SpartanKingLeonidas:

I understand your points and I think that the outside world would be acceptable of these conclusions. Here is the compilation evidence as promised:

The Evidence.

Shortly after the murder of Darlene Ferrin, a relative of the victim informed investigators that Darlene had a relationship of some sort with a man named "Lee".
Link

Apparently Darlene Ferrin had a paint party, in which they paint...hence the paint party..anyway, now this friend of Darlene was named Karen and Karen stated this:

“Karen stated that Dee sometime during this conversation mentioned the man’s name, and that the first name was very short, three or four letters and that the second name was just slightly longer. The name was quite common.”
LINK

and so they decided to ask her more questions, but under a hypnotic/ relaxed state:

Karen was able to recall a general description of the male in his vehicle. The description was a heavy set, middle-aged white male adult, very round face, curly, wavy dark brown hair. The vehicle was a white sedan with a large windshield
LINK

Now Darlene apparently told her sister Pam this:

Pam would later claim that she had seen this mysterious man on at least eight occasions, and that Darlene warned her to stay away from him because he was a murderer.
LINK

Anyway, back to the party. The party was going on a man with a suit walked in and that caught Karens attention who would wear a nice suit to a Paint Party? Karen continued saying that the man sat in a chair the whole time and that she got the feeling that he did not like people. Apparently, Darlene told her to stay away from that one because he had killed a person before.

After that it was later discovered that Arthur Allen went by the name of Leigh also pronounced as Lee. Karen stated that the mysterious mans name was not long about three to four letters and sure enough. Lee is three letters, its a common mistake. And then she said his last name was a little longer, Lee's last name was Allen. Which is longer than Lee. It would then be looked upon by Graysmith of where Allen was staying, we will get into that in a minute.

Darlene had worked as a waiter and was popular among the men and that she would often "sleep" around and go behind her husbands back. Now this place at where she worked was only 50 yards away from Bernice Allens home and guess what. Arthur Leigh Allen was fired from his job and he moved into his parents basement. That would put him in that vicinity and what Mageau stated before about Darlene acting like she knew who was in car that stopped behind them. Chances are it was Allen and that began his rampage against women and couples and men.

TheMythLives: Allen did NOT wear glasses. So how in the hell did all of the witnesses see a man with glasses? Even when the Zodiac stabbed hartnell and his girl shephard the Zodiac had to wear glasses over that hood. It appears to me that he REALLY needs those glasses and Allen didn't wear glasses.

Matrix Prophet: A psychopath will literally take on a new identity with the look that goes with it. Many have mult-personality disorders (now called dissociated personality disorder). This is important to keep in mind. One of his personalities could have been far more insane than his others.

SpartanKingLeonidas: RH, most likely, is referring to "real hunter" meaning Allen only thinks that people, like him, who "hunt" their "prey", being humans, are the only "real hunters".

The book was Allens favorite book, known as: The Most Dangerous Game. (provided by ElectrickoolaidZombie

MatrixProphet: It is interesting that the DNA didn't match the stamp and the letter writing didn't match his. It wouldn't conclusively put him out of the running, I wouldn't think

I have the solution to that. Allen stated on several occassions that the glue on the stamps and the glue on the envelopes made him sick. So he would get other people to lick his stamps and enveloped. If he was the Zodiac which I think he was, then he was pretty damn smart in and slick with his words and lies.

Allen was also in the Navy, he had Navy issued shoes that matched the shoe size and the descriptions to the "t". He had access to Navy and Military bases in which he stole the code books and cypher books. His house was not searched until many years later, they went for his trailer and found guns that matched the guns used in the killings, but the ballistics did not match. However, Allen had five sets of guns according to his brother. Two 9 millimeter lugers with an extended clip and regular 9 millimeters, not to mention the shotgun and the rifle.

Arthur Leigh Allen could write with both hands. A hand sample of his left hand was never attained and an expert hand writing analyzers have stated that its completely possible that his left hand would have matched the Zodiac Killers. Only because a few letters on his right hand seem to have origin marks that were similar, when compared to the hand writing.

After the bates murder, about a month after the murder, typewritten confession letters were mailed to a local paper and to police (written on a Royal Typewriter). Analysis revealed that typewriter was a Royal model with either Elite or Pica type. In 1991, police seized a Royal typewriter with Elite type from the home of Arthur Leigh Allen.

Dec. 20, 1968 - Lake Herman Road, Vallejo, CA - Betty Lou Jensen and David Faraday

Shortly after Bates' murder, Allen was fired as a school teacher after he molested a student. He moved in with his parents in Vallejo, Cal. Friends and neighbors report that Allen spent a lot of time alone, driving in nearby rural areas -- such as Lake Herman Road
AMW

July 4, 1969 - Blue Rock Springs - Vallejo, CA -- Darlene Ferrin and Mike Mageau

Allen was still living in Vallejo -- in fact just minutes from the murder scene. Mike Mageau survived the attack and described the killer's escape in a brown Corvair. Allen reportedly had access to a friend's brown Corvair.
AMW

Sept. 27, 1969 - Lake Berryessa - Napa, CA - Cecile Shepard and Bryan Hartnell

Lake Berryessa is a recreational are about 40 miles north of Vallejo. It's an area the avid outdoorsman would have frequented for SCUBA diving and camping.

Bryan Hartnell survived the attack and described the weapon as a 12-inch long knife in a sheath with rivets. During the 1991 search of Allen's home, police found a a 12-inch long knife with a sheath and rivets.

Arthur Leigh Allen died in his home in Vallejo, California on August 26, 1992 of coronary heart disease. He went to his grave proclaiming his innocence.
AMW

Along with this report. And this was before the MAJOR evidence was released. (The tires and the changing of appeearance)

According to his brother, Ron, Allen was given a Zodiac watch as a Christmas gift from their mother in 1967. (Allen's estimation of when he received the watch was July or August 1969.) The logo for the Zodiac watch is a cross-circle symbol, the same as eventually used by the Zodiac killer.

According to police statements, within days of receiving the watch, Allen is alleged to have made these claims to his friend, Don Cheney:
(Allen used the premise of writing a novel to communicate this fantasy. Cheney estimates the conversation took place on Jan. 1, 1969.)
He would like to kill couples at random.
He would taunt the police with letters detailing his crimes.
He would sign the letters with the cross-circle symbol from his watch.
He would call himself "Zodiac."
He would wear make-up to change his appearance.
He would attach a flashlight to the barrel of his gun in order to shoot at night.
He would fool women into stopping their cars in rural areas by claiming they had problems with their tires, then loosen their lug nuts and eventually take them captive.
LINK

and of course this:

In 1991, Mike Mageau identified Arthur Leigh Allen as being the shooter. This identification was the result of Mageau being shown a photo lineup by George Bawart of the Vallejo Police Department. When Bawart asked Mageau why he had never identified Allen in the 20 years Allen had been the top suspect, Mageau said that he had never been shown any pictures of suspects and he had only been asked if he recognized certain names. If Mageau's statement is true, it's probably the biggest law-enforcement blunder of modern times.
LINK

ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest was able to dismiss not only Gyke, but Jack Terrance. MatrixProphet helped compile evidence of a psychological anazysis for Allen. And many other helped build the case toward Allen.

MP Psychological Eval

Continued Analysis

KoolAid dismisses Gyke

Gyke Dismissed

Since I am running low on characters, Koolaid was also able to dismiss Jack. That leaves us with a body of evidence on Allen.
What do you think on about this conclusion?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join