It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac Killer: The Case Reviewed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also Robert Hunter:

Robert E. Hunter Jr. (b. ca. 1922) was a wealthy banker who lived at the corner of Washington and Maple Streets in Presidio Heights, and was identified as a suspect in 1973 in the following manner: the investigator who discovered him assumed the letters at the end of the Desktop Poem from Riverside, "rh," were the initials of the Zodiac Killer, that his cross circle symbol was a gunsight and therefore representative of his name, and that he simply got into Stine's cab and asked to be taken home. He then found Robert Hunter living there, concluded he had to be the Zodiac, and turned his findings over to SFPD; Hunter was officially eliminated as a suspect. Hunter did not live on that corner until after 26 May 1970, when he bought the house, so he cannot have wanted a cab ride home to a place he did not own. Despite the fact that the press believed it, there is no evidence that the Zodiac's cross circle symbol represents a gunsight and therefore the Zodiac's name, and even though Sherwood Morrill authenticated the Desktop Poem's authorship as the Zodiac's, it is debated as to whether it truly is his work or not (remember, Morrill also authenticated the forged April 1978 letter, so even the experts are not infallible). Many untruths about Hunter have been told over the years, such as him owning property at Lake Berryessa overlooking Zodiac Island (he did not own any property in Napa County until the 1990's), and owning Hunter's Villas in Vallejo near where Ferrin and Mageau were shot (there was never a property in Vallejo bearing that name). Other than bizarre "logic" used to identify him and some unfortunate coincidences regarding his name and place of residence, there is no evidence that he had anything to do with the Zodiac crimes. He has long since moved from San Francisco and now owns a winery.
LINK

I added the underlining!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yeah i didnt think he was a likely suspect but hadnt gotten around to doing anything in depth.
i had assumed that there was better reason to make him a suspect. sorry.

but on an interesting and exciting side note, the FBI is comparing Jack Torrances DNA to that of the zodiac. apparently jack had taken pictures of corpses.

this link is also in the Cracking the codes of a madman thread, but i feel its very pertinent and is something to keep an eye on. i have not found anything more current. previous DNA samples investigated came up inconclusive.

cbs13.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

The only thing that I know is that America's Most Wanted stated he has been cleared. So he's not a suspect anymore. Not sure why and apparently the DNA is the key, however, do we test the blood on the knife? or do we go straight for Jack Tarrance and what would we compare that too?

[edit on Jun 27th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Another great article. Very fascinating. I'm a bit torn on who I believe the Zodiac Killer is, or was.
I'll have to rent the movie.

Here's an interesting video. Someone else came forward claiming to know the identity of the killer. (not sure if it has been posted already)

Link

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I thank you for the kind words they mean a lot!

Yea, I know her to well. She claimed to be the duaghter of JFK and said she was playing with the little Kennedy's when RFK was killed. Her you go:

Her name is Deborah Perez check out the truecrimereport of Deb.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

The only thing that I know is that America's Most Wanted stated he has been cleared. So he's not a suspect anymore. Not sure why and apparently the DNA is the key, however, do we test the blood on the knife? or do we go straight for Jack Tarrance and what would we compare that too?

well several previous DNA tests have been done for jack and all have been inconclusive. i havent read that he was ruled out. Arthur has been through DNA. apparently they got some Zodiac DNA somewhere. as far as i can tell the FBI hasnt said anything about the most recent tests.
i dont think jack was the killer. the push for proving it was jack is done by his step son dennis kaufman who most believe is a fraud who held a grudge against jack. also dennis claims to have film containing pictures (taken by jack) of murder victims.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yea, I remember seeing that in the video. I was personally skeptical of the Zodiac mask that he found he seemed to.. just to recent and well done. I need that fabric tested to see if it is possible. I would need to see a lot of evidence saying that Dennis is telling the truth. I want polygraphs done and the load, I want to see those pictures. I want evidence. Of course I could always go to dennis's website and buy his documentary for only $9.99.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Nice thread my friend!

An hand writing expert by the name of Nanette Barto was called as an expert witness for forensic document examination of these letters that was wrote by Jack.T. Because of her reputation and experience in these matters,her confirmation I think was the death nail.

But she did find some inconsistencies between different versions of the Zodiac letters that were obtained from different sources. This is a strong indication of them being tampered with; but for what reason I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

haha the TRUTH for only $9.99!
what a bargain indeed!

ill see if i can get it through other means- even though i doubt it is nothing but dennis making claims and rambling on about unverifiable tihngs for 5 hours or however long it is. i hope if he is indeed a fraud he gets some sort of punishment for being a nuisance.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I just found this my friend! I am anxious to read all about it. Another fine case!

link   
reply to post by Eight

I remember reading about that lady and thank you for the kind words. I heard they were tampered with by a few people. Some even went as far as saying that they were completely redone to try and pin it on someone. That someone I have no idea who...

he deserves to go to jail for wasting the Bureaus time, resources and money! Of course this is if he is not telling the truth. I think that I might buy the DVD, but I am worried that it won't come and if it comes I am worried that it will be burned over on the Bourne Identity disc or something. Ok that was really mean so I will stop, see if you can obtain it some other way and let me know what you think if you get it.

link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Thank you MP, always a pleasure to have you around my friend
I am anxious to see what you come up with.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wrong thread..lol

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i just finished watching the trailer for his movie.

and after watching it i must say, Dennis Kaufman has me convinced....

that he doesnt know how to make a movie that doesnt have music playing annoyingly throughout the whole thing, including while people are talking.

also there are at least 2 appeals to authority in the video. one was from an FBI agent who was convinced by kaufman and one SFPD who thanked dennis for his compelling evidence.at first that would seem to give credit to his theory- but it just means he managed to convince at least 2 people and those two are in law enforcement.

overall the trailer is pointless to watch and i feel the movie wouldnt be any different. it seems like a mass of circumstantial evidence, pictures given a red tint (to make jack look evil i guess), audio clips from news reports, and out of context quotes and conversations.

i dont think its worth watching, but if you want to see it here it is.

EDIT: it wouldnt let me embed and id rather not link to myspace video (thats where his site redirects you to)

also on his site he has a downloadable document filled with proof of tampering with evidence or something. i will read that and copy and paste it on here so no one has to download it (in case its riddled with viruses or people just cant download it or dont want to)

[edit on 27-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What a soldier you are. Taking one for the team, by watching that disappointing trailer and now you are yet again going to jump into the unknown with this potentially virus ridden file.. I appreciate that I really do.
And I am sure that the others also appreciate that. Continue the good work mate an dif you need help of any kind let me know..

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

you act like i just "wrassled" the zodiac killer with my bare hands. lol
its no big deal. im just sorting through information and posting it here. i want this thread to be THE place for zodiac information.

on a lighter note
here is part of the trailor off of youtube and im not BSing you on this at all. look how ridiculous this is

www.youtube.com...

ps. thats the longest (and only) portion of the trailer on youtube. i cant find anything at all thats definitely from the movie itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

wow, that realy sucked as soon as I saw the first guy with the hood on his head I hit the poor rating..lol.. It was awful. What did that accomplish besides wasting film...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ok myth! Here are my thoughts:

He was raised that he would never be good enough for a woman, no less; a committed relationship. The women in his life had an unhealthy role in his. He was preconditioned to believe that he was a loser, no woman would want him.

The first girl murdered represented all the women before her who turned him down. If he couldn’t have her, no one would. It was a complete act of rage and not one that was premeditated.

She would be the straw that broke the camel’s back and would lead him in his rage to destroy other couples that had what he could never attain. He resented the men in each couple as they “got” the girl.

He obviously had an insatiable desire for attention. In this way he could finally “be” somebody!

He was insane and was proud of it! Because to him it was better than being “stupid” as he judged the police force. He laughed at them while at the same time – raged against them, for he thought they didn’t take him seriously, just like all the women.

His earlier letters showed more coherence and legibility. As his letters progressed they showed more incoherency with the use of prescription drugs which were given to him in the psych ward, or mental deterioration.

The taxi driver could have just been a ruse to put the police off track and make him less understood, or…the taxi driver spoke of his wife and had a picture of her in the cab which drove the killer over the edge again. Like he wished he could eliminate and take out of the picture all that were reminders of what he didn’t have, nor would ever have.

He was narcissistic. Rarely does this individual commit suicide. But he soon lost interest in his “focus” and perhaps had worn out his “need” to kill. Perhaps he lost the rush. He may have submitted himself to an institution for the rest of his life, his way of giving up. The victims and the force was no longer enough for him to keep doing the crimes.

It is a well established fact that most serial killers want to be caught. In this case the force kept eluding him. He lost interest. Most of the serial stories are not as complicated as we would like to think. Often the reasons are basic and rudimentary.

Incidentally, my husband interviewed Ted Bundy before he died!!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

i looked at the "tampering with handwriting" document.
i was AMAZED.

basically he compared the handwriting from different sources ("TV's site"???? and Graysmith), claims they were tampered with because of minute discrepancies. most of those discrepancies were clearing up the writing. (removing pointless ink blobs and making individual letters more legible) this proves jack did it somehow. it might disprove graysmith (who was trying to prove arthur leigh allen was Zodiac) if he was relying on those versions for handwriting analysis, but im not sure.

all in all he sounds more like a complete psychopath in it.

(after showing an "A" was changed)
"NOW CHECK OUT THIS (A) AND TELL ME PEOPLE DIDN’T ALREADY KNOW THAT JACK WAS THE ZODIAC. GETTING RID OF EVIDENCE IS A FELONY I BELIEVE!!!!!! THEY COULD HAVE ARRESTED HIM AND BLEW IT ALL TO MAKE A BUCK!"

note: in that quote above was the first and only reference to jack. the document contains no samples of jack's handwriting.
note II: the title of the document is "I SMELL A COVER UP.doc"

to matrix prophet:

i concur for the most part with your analysis, but i dont think he lost the rush. if he wasnt getting the rush he desired he would have escalated. i believe that is a set pattern with thrill killers, rapists, and people who steal or commit other crimes for the rush. i believe there was something that stopped him from escalating such as prison, a mental ward, death, or maybe complete mental collapse.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

i concur for the most part with your analysis, but i dont think he lost the rush. if he wasnt getting the rush he desired he would have escalated. i believe that is a set pattern with thrill killers, rapists, and people who steal or commit other crimes for the rush. i believe there was something that stopped him from escalating such as prison, a mental ward, death, or maybe complete mental collapse.

I also concur with you. If he was more and more drugged, he would have lost the rush in that sense. Either way, he was showing signs of deteriorating.

It is also interesting that he said very early on that he was NOT SICK but knew that he was insane. This is a significant statement!

He would have known that genius is only a fine line away from insanity. The stigma in his eyes with being labeled "sick" would have diminished his reasons for killing and all the injustices in his life and to make known that there are consequences for labeling him unworthy of a woman's attention and love, and would be demeaning to him.

He obviously had been subjected to mentally sick individuals possibly all of his life and may have been in and out of institutions all the way also. He was "superior" to them!

In his eyes; insanity gave meaning to his madness. He felt he had reason to kill and didn't want it minimized by just being labeled "sick."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join