It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Origins of Human Beings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What I find interesting is that those people that behave in a way you would expect from seeing christ as an example to emulate always seem to be very tolerent, interesting, and have no problem finding and keeping friends
That said
There seems to be a distinction made in most spirtualities that indicates man's spirit exists outside his physical dimension..that the physical being is just a vessel

I have seen indications of this..
having held the hand of a person while they died and there was definitly a spiritual component that left at the instant the monitor flat lined...it was of course the important component of that person.
as the physcal body just fell back onto the bed after spitting out that spiritual component and was just a lifeless hunk of decaying flesh after that.

Now what that component was and where the component is now is up for debate...
but it isn't here now and the body was really nothing without that elemental spiritual component.
I think that is the important question
WTF was that, where did it come from, and where did it go?

edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: sorry for the edits its a tricky subject to express satisfactorially

edit on 17-3-2012 by Danbones because: after all that .....spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have lost friends Dan not just thru death and not to blame them. I feel they made a conscious decision not to be my friend. Why ? Some times I know sometimes I don't. That's just life. Not an easy thing to do treying to emulate Christ. I battle with it constantly and often relent just to guard my sanity. This life is spent trying to overcome I guess. Anyway I'm beginning to sound like a roller so I'm done for tonight.
Sleep well in Canada
Scro.
I love to call people that.
edit on 17-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Now what that component was and where the component is now is up for debate...

How will I ever get off this subject if you keep adding things above me that interest me ?

Alright wifey just brought me another cooly so I'm good for awhile. The Bible is really the in depth go to source for all of that Bones. As far as I'm concerned it is the authority. Other people have theirs but I haven't seen one that makes more sense or is as in depth. Not one.
edit on 17-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well I'm thinking no matter what physical form life takes isn't as important as that spiritual element.
In the above case the spiritual element wanted to go..and seemed really glad to go, and seemed really happy about what it found there...and where it found itself
It made no effort to return

it actually left like it was shot out of a gun

I like to pass this one to people who get the lead by example thing because the person I mention was like that.
I Hope it is an encouraging story because it indicates a certain amount of christs teachings might be true.

it also indicates our origin is not in the physical realm it is in the spiritual realm hence my mentioning it on this thread and not so much on a religious or christian thread....

this person in the effort to do the right moral thing had to commit some of the biggest sins you can do.
there is a big contradiction there I know
and it looked like to me they did OK in the end.

again I hope readers will see the connection I am tryinng to make re the origin of human beings
I think they really originate where this spiritual element came from at birth and went to at death

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I find what you say about being shot out of a gun extremely interesting. In correlation with an experience I had that is to personal to discuss here. Just want you know that. I have never held someones hand but I have seen some die. Not good subject matter really but I concur.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

nuff said then on that subject Randy
its nice to have a little independant confirmation

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
P.S. Would you die for what you believe ?

I would not. Beliefs, by their very nature are based on faith, which is a guess. I would never risk my life for a guess unless I knew 100% it was true. But if that were the case it wouldn't be a belief, it would be a fact. I might believe aliens exist, but I certainly wouldn't put my life on the line for that idea. Now, that's not saying I wouldn't risk my life for somebody I love or care about. I would do it in a heartbeat, but love is a real thing, and the person is a real person. Beliefs are faith based, so to take them as anything more than that, or to die for that belief is irrational to me.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Love is a real thing but can you prove it.

Christ was a real person. My belief in him and that he died for all of us is a subjecated truth. Therefore I would rather die than deny him.I know you would die for a loved one. The very definition of love is caring for someone else more than you care for yourself. So when you love someone that is automatically implied. I love a lot of people. But I believe that someday my heart will be judged not by how much it has loved. But by how much it was loved by others. Christ helped me understand that truth. I love Christ more than anything or anyone.

Period.
edit on 18-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You love a person who may or may not have lived a few thousands years ago more than you love your parents, siblings, etc. Such are values of Christians..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Yep and doesn't even matter how you make it sound. Loving my Heavenly Father more doesn't mean I love them less.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by rhinoceros

Yep and doesn't even matter how you make it sound. Loving my Heavenly Father more doesn't mean I love them less.

But if you were to die for your belief in Jesus, and leave your family behind would that not be cruel to them? Would it matter? Personally, I feel nobody should ever have to die for belief system. They should have to LIVE for it. Be it, live it, love it. Do as Jesus would do. I may not think Jesus was the son of god, but I agree with a large portion of his teachings. But If you love your wife with all of your heart, how can you possibly love god more than that? I'm interested.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Simple Barcs just think for a moment. With out God I have nothing not even life. How could I not love him more.
He created my wife he gave her to me. I thank God for her everyday. He keeps me from taking her for granted.
He gave me everything. I guess you have to be to the point I'm at spiritually to understand these things but it's all quite sensable really.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Simple Barcs just think for a moment. With out God I have nothing not even life. How could I not love him more.
He created my wife he gave her to me. I thank God for her everyday. He keeps me from taking her for granted.
He gave me everything. I guess you have to be to the point I'm at spiritually to understand these things but it's all quite sensable really.

I see what you're saying, but if that's the case, then you can't possibly love your wife or children with all of your heart, since that is reserved for god/jesus.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Oh alright Barcs have it your way. I lack the human compassion your loved ones enjoy. Does your mother get the same kind of love your wife does? I'll answer that for you with faith in your morality and say for God sakes no.
So come on now you're going into a dead end clutching at straws here so to speak.
edit on 19-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

He created my wife he gave her to me.

He GAVE her to you? Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that? She's not your property, and you're making it sound like she had no choice in the matter.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

reply to post by Barcs

He GAVE her to you? Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that? She's not your property, and you're making it sound like she had no choice in the matter.

Your showing the depth of water on a dinner plate Bunny. Not an insult just how I see your retort. If I believe in God as her creator and refer to her as MY wife in normal conversation. In equality I am her husband.? Don't play at words with me Bunny it's a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

reply to post by Barcs

your showing the depth of water on a dinner plate Bunny. Not an insult just how I see your retort. If I believe in God as her creator and refer to her as MY wife in normal conversation. In equality I am her husband.? Don't play at words with me Bunny it's a waste of time.

Hey, you wrote it, not me. If my husband ever said I was given to him as though I had no will of my own, I'd be pretty pissed off. If she's really your equal, then you chose each other. No one was given to anyone.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hey, you wrote it, not me. If my husband ever said I was given to him as though I had no will of my own, I'd be pretty pissed off. If she's really your equal, then you chose each other. No one was given to anyone.
reply to post by HappyBunny

The depth of your comment has everything to do with your own selfish perspective. While having nothing to do with mine, my wifes or Gods. Thus the lacking of depth.

I said nothing I should regret therefore I have nothing to redact.

Don't ever let hubby refer to you as his wife. Petty.
You also make me wonder if you had a father who GAVE you away? No one can give what they do not possess.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The depth of your comment has everything to do with your own selfish perspective. While having nothing to do with mine, my wifes or Gods. Thus the lacking of depth.

I said nothing I should regret therefore I have nothing to redact.

Don't ever let hubby refer to you as his wife. Petty.

That's not what I was referring to. You said God GAVE your wife to you. That's the part I'm questioning.

And how is that selfish, by the way? I'd never say that God gave me my husband. That would make me his superior, not an equal, and quite frankly that's not conducive to a lasting marriage.
edit on 3/19/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Not when God brings you together and gives you both to or unto each other. You see ?
I hope that sounds better for you at least because by what I believe this is the case.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I feel that if evolution didn't completely siphon off all spirituality from the human being. It at the very least, wouldn't be half as ridiculuos to those who can't help but percieve it as such.

I know plenty of people that would disagree with your assertion that evolution "completely siphon[s] off all spirituality from the human being". The two things have nothing to do with each other.

There are so many unseen forces in the universe that are evidenced objectively.

Agreed, but observing those forces is just that -- objective. If two of us are placed in the same frame of reference and observe the same phenomenon, we'll come away with the same interpretation. Further, the forces you're referring to here are external to us...

That to consider any explanation of origins that fails to address and include mans undeniable spirituality ?

... but what you're getting into here, this concept of an external force behind spirituality, is subjective. I can just as easily claim that it's a phenomenon of internal origin resulting from our consciousness.

At least for me ? Begins at a point of ridicule. For some reason that makes me very suspicious of this very young hypothesis.

True, the theory is relatively young, but the phenomenon it describes is older than all of us and our works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join