It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee Shortage Again This Year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I think there is a way to remedy this.

With organic hives I think the bees will return. If the beekeepers go back to natural bee keeping techniques.

Organic hives dont have a problem. What does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It wont kill the planet but will kill mankind!

If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. It's the chain of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Viking04

I am very much aware of this. I did post the thread. Raven has her ideas about bees and AIDS. I'm not going there.

I simply said there is no proof of what is killing the bees, especially Colony Collapse Disorder. What a common name for a disasterous epidemic.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by wonderworld]

I was not suggesting that you believe her theories. There are mainline references to what is going on.

I am confused by your line of 'there is no proof of what is killing the bees'. And then what, do you agree that bees have recently started dying in large numbers? That is the key to the importance of research, to discover a cause, and, hopefully, a cure/preventative. Or do you simply dislike that the overall syndrome is called CCD?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Donnie Darko

I think there is a way to remedy this.

With organic hives I think the bees will return. If the beekeepers go back to natural bee keeping techniques.

Organic hives dont have a problem. What does that tell you?

That most of the wild bees are dead in the US would indicate that 'organic' hives have quite a large problem.

It has been a good discussion, but bed calls.

Star and flag for the OP, by the way.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think all the bees moved here!! Many of my neighbors and I here in this small town in AZ, have been having a MASSIVE problem with swarms.

We had one last week, friends have one so bad in a foreclosure next to them and no one will take care of it. The county wants them to pay but it is not their property, even though the bees attacked their kids. They can not find record of the homes owner at this time, not even listed with property taxes, anyway..

That house has a swarm so bad they live in the walls of the home.

My moms house in Gilbert had a swarm two months ago. I am being serious, I think they are call coming here. I have never seen so many bees here!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I am not in agreement, nor do I like the name and diagnosis of CCD.

Missing from all reports in the mainstream media, is the fact that organic beekeepers across North America are not experiencing colony collapses.

The millions of dying bees are hyper-bred varieties whose hives are regularly fumigated with toxic pesticides by conventional beekeepers attempting to ward off mites.

Organic beekeepers don’t use pesticides or toxic chemicals. They thrive to use techniques that closely emulate the ecology of bees in the wild.

Researchers are starting to link the mass deaths of non-organic bees to pesticide exposure, genetically modified.

I have other theories, as well. For now they are only theories.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Colony Collapse Disorder may just be a natural cycle. There was starting to be a tendency for hives to be bigger, and starting to share queens. Hives of bees, ants and other hive insects in these larger cooperative groups have shown some increasing signs of cohesive productive and even intelligent behaviour.

Then this colony collapse disorder happened.

How about we take this to a totally Sci-Fi region, and suggest that someone with access to bug viruses read some Orson Scott Card and developed a nice big fear of the newly organizing cooperating bees....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

It wont kill the planet but will kill mankind!

If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. It's the chain of life.

No. There are other pollinators.

Agriculture that supports the current numbers of the population might be severely impacted, so there would be a rather serious population narrowing. But there would still be people around.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I think all the bees moved here!! Many of my neighbors and I here in this small town in AZ, have been having a MASSIVE problem with swarms.

We had one last week, friends have one so bad in a foreclosure next to them and no one will take care of it. The county wants them to pay but it is not their property, even though the bees attacked their kids. They can not find record of the homes owner at this time, not even listed with property taxes, anyway..

That house has a swarm so bad they live in the walls of the home.

My moms house in Gilbert had a swarm two months ago. I am being serious, I think they are call coming here. I have never seen so many bees here!!

Can you send some in a FedEX box with small air holes? The Postal service allows lots of strange creatues.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I am not in agreement, nor do I like the name and diagnosis of CCD.

Missing from all reports in the mainstream media, is the fact that organic beekeepers across North America are not experiencing colony collapses.

The millions of dying bees are hyper-bred varieties whose hives are regularly fumigated with toxic pesticides by conventional beekeepers attempting to ward off mites.

Organic beekeepers don’t use pesticides or toxic chemicals. They thrive to use techniques that closely emulate the ecology of bees in the wild.

Researchers are starting to link the mass deaths of non-organic bees to pesticide exposure, genetically modified.

I have other theories, as well. For now they are only theories.

CCD? What about noodle collapse disorder? Now, it's the swine flu and the vaccines. These people drink their own fluoride.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I dont think there are enough pollinators. We must consider all types of trees, flowers, produce, etc.

Also not enough manpower to do it all.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well it's not like they were just gonna breed like crazy and come back all in one year now is it?

We knew this would happen, it's not surprising that the very important pollinator insects are dissappearing. The planet is going through a change and there isn't much we can do to stop it now.

Our impact makes no difference at this point. Mother nature is sufficiently angry in my opinion and she's gonna give us a lesson.

I think very soon we humans are going to get a big wake up call in regards to how we should treat this planet while being the dominating species.

Either that or the madmen that run the place are going to blow it up, but that's less likely.

In regards to the bees themselves, I myself have noticed even in my neighboorhood that there are less flowers than there should be this time of year. Seems a little vague.

Lack of bees

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

I think since the coffe beans arent getting pollinated we should call

"CCD" Café Coffee Day and drink to the dead bees. Seriously though we do need a remedy.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Excellent thread OP only yesterday I was talking to my colleagues about this very subject.

Do you know that over half of them didn't realise the importance of bees? I mean these people, my colleagues, they are highly skilled and academic types yet they didn't know that without bees the human race would be jeoardised.

These very people are the ones that say, I prefer not to know whats really going on in the world!

I believe these views reflect the majority of peoples ignorance to think that we are the superior race and nothing can effect us is just utter crazy, but as long as these people have their mobile phones and flashy cars all is well.

The more we can do to raise awareness of the situation, before its to late, the better.

Ask 10 random people, do you know how important bees are to the human race and see what they say.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The wild bees are largely dead. This is a fact. The wild is as 'organic' as it gets and that isn't working at all. This time of the year in the Northern hemisphere wild bees can be seen that are escaped swarms, but long term, they die. If what you post had any validity, the wild bee population would be untouched, and domesticated bees would be the only impacted.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Bee Shortage Again This Year

www.wkbw.com

One third of our food supply is because of their pollinating activities and that's why bees are protected by the government."
(visit the link for the full news article)

If bees were protected by the government then Monsanto would be pulling in a much smaller profit margin.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
We went swimming and rode out to a local bee farm yesterday, there was no shortage of bees in either location!

We actually left swimming early because we were getting dive bombed by several types of bees, when the hornets made their appearance, it was time to go

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Like another member mentioned, here in Virginia the bees seem to be thriving compared to 2 years ago when I noticed some looking disoriented.

I had a thread back in '07 about the bee mystery and for those who are checking into it now, you might take a look, thee were quite alot of references and reports into the mystery of the disappearing honeybee.

No conclusions, just many of the same theories that are still being presented, mites, ccd, cell towers, gm crops etc etc...

For those interested:

Deadly Bee Mite may have Reached Manoa Honey Farm

Could ALL of these combined be the cause? Too many things for the bees to deal with at once?

I don't know, just glad that for now, the bees seem to be ok in my area.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It's the rain killing the bees from whatever is being sprayed in the air and making its way into our rain clouds. Lately i've noticed after heavy rains there will be scattered white marks on my window screen. I took a closer look at it and it seems to be eating away at the screen itself in small patches.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
why can't we just breed some bees. but its truly scary to think what might happen if we run out of bees

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join