It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee Shortage Again This Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
BEE SHORTAGE AGAIN THIS YEAR

Theories Behind the Sudden Disappearance of Honeybee Hives

1.Malnutrition;

2.Pesticides; Genetically Modified Crops; Migratory Beekeeping;

3.Lack of Genetic Biodiversity

4.Migratory Beekeeping

5.Lack of Genetic Biodiversity

6.Beekeeping Practices

7.Parasites and Pathogens

8.Toxins in the Environment

9.Electromagnetic Radiation

10.Climate Change

insects.about.com...

Are there more?

Im glad this topic came back up because I had a thought on where the bee's went. Maybe they were taken down to underground locations for their survival when all Hell breaks loose.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

There was an interesting theory about CCD that came out of the UK a couple of years ago about wireless signals. The researcher saw some initial indications that cell phone frequencies may interfere with the workers' navigation.

The theory slid into nowhere land fairly quickly. When I first heard it, my initial thought was 'My, my, what will all the cell phone/blackberry/texting addicts (and the companies that make scads of cash) say if it comes down to cell phones or bees?' (I guess that officially makes this a conspiracy thread, huh?
)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

I think that was included in my thread, too. Let me check quick.

From Americanist:

We can resonate correctly allowing DNA to flourish, or we can shatter our bond with antenna arrays and miscellaneous towers. This is by no means an accident... Not only are there natural cycles we go through, but man-made interference has become a dominant force. Take for example the 2k - 20k range. You don't hear this, but mild exposure to such vibrations can cause lethargic behavior all the way up to violent aggression.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I heard a program mention this last night and they gave an example of two countries have outlawed two pesticides( can't remember which two, darn it or the pesticides) and in that area all the bees have returned, but here in the US they can't get any leverage to have these two banned!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It may well have been. Your post was a bit much to read while doing a bit of light posting (It is a good thread, from what I read.) However, that navigation may be directly impacted is a bit different from changes in activity or aggression, although it may be included in such a wide range.

It is unfortunate that CCD is still a low-level priority with both governments and with the people at large, while hack science such as Global Warming (oops, it is climate change in the US now after a couple of bad winters) receives funding beyond the dreams of avarice.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

euobserver.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.greenrightnow.com...

Germany and France have, and Europe in general has been working hard to eliminate pesticides.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I support any procedures to help combat the negative effects of climate change, including deforestation. Any change in our climate that was helped along by greedy man.

But, I mean, look at China. Part of China now relies on hand pollination. It's horrible for the economy and it's manual labor. That is what we could all be facing if nothing is done to stop this.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Let's try working on something that is a here and now, and is undeniable, CCD. Global warming is far from fact. As I noted above, and you admitted by your own post, it is now 'climate change', a new term to cover those that are making money from the created hysteria (Gore). Gore talks a good game, but look at the the way that greedy rich man lives his life. That he buys 'carbon offsets' from his own company is further proof of the scam.

CCD is real, and it is a threat. It is also not a big deal to many people (if they are even aware, which most are not.)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I hope they arent being genetically mutated to aid when SHTF! That's a thought

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think I recall reading an article in which many areas of Japan have had to resort to pollinating crops by hand. Because the majority of bees there have seemingly vanished. The article stated that it was a very tedious and time consuming effort. Certainly a scary prospect if they were to disappear completely on a global scale. It shows us how important bees are to our very survival, doesn't it?

Bee well, everyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I do not believe in the theory of Colony Collapse Disorder.

It's another coverup. If they knew what caused it I may pay more attention.

Do you or anyone remember the article on ATS about all the dead birds falling in NJ?

We might want to take a closer look at this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is one of many. I cant find the original.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by astrij

I had to hand pollinate my pumpkin patch last year. There were NO bees in site. I just rubbed the male flower on and it worked but where are the bees.

I live in Washington State. This thing is out of proportion. I'd like to get some feed back from the UK, or anywhere to see if this thing is global.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by astrij

I had to hand pollinate my pumpkin patch last year. There were NO bees in site. I just rubbed the male flower on and it worked but where are the bees.

I live in Washington State. This thing is out of proportion. I'd like to get some feed back from the UK, or anywhere to see if this thing is global.

I live just north of you. The honey bee population seems to be okay. I see them milling around our flowers every morning. Wasps, on the other hand have been all but non existent for some strange reason.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by astrij

Ive seen a couple honey bees, as well. I'm still concerned that 50% of the bee population has disappeared in the last 40 years.

The problem is still here, sad to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I do not believe in the theory of Colony Collapse Disorder.

It's another coverup. If they knew what caused it I may pay more attention.

There is no 'theory' to believe. Bee numbers have been plummeting worldwide, and it is a very recent phenomenon. Read Ravenshadow's post on CCD. This is not some ghost in grandma's cupboard, or Nibru, or my God/your God sort of thing. This is very real, and it does not matter if they call it CCD, ABC, or 1234. It is impacting us globally, not in 10 years, or 50, or 100,000, right now. The only coverup is from those who will not see that it is a problem that must be corrected and very soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
"This is an indication of an environmental crisis."

This is an indication of a noodle crisis. Time out for me. Take care.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrij

I live just north of you. The honey bee population seems to be okay. I see them milling around our flowers every morning. Wasps, on the other hand have been all but non existent for some strange reason.

This is one of the issues. Seeing 'a few milling about our flowers' does not indicate the overall health of the bee population. Knowing the health of the colonies is the point. Talk to local beekeepers, go to a beekeepers meeting, see what they are saying. To that, some may be thinking, but that doesn't take into account the wild bees. Well, it does, because in the US, most wild bees are either dead, or escaped swarms from 'domesticated' bees that will generally not survive. At this point, we may have 2% of the wild bee population of years past. My children will likely never see an old 'bee tree'.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I am very much aware of this. I did post the thread. Raven has her ideas about bees and AIDS. I'm not going there.

I simply said there is no proof of what is killing the bees, especially Colony Collapse Disorder. What a common name for a disasterous epidemic.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm very young (I was born in 1990), and even back in the '90s, I remember there being a ton more bees.

While a part of me doesn't miss them because they scared the crap out of me and often chased me, it is disturbing that they NEVER bother me anymore!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This won't kill the planet. Losing bees.

It would kill a closed environment with a limited number of possible actors in any given niche. This is not the case.

There may be fewer BEES, but other wild polinators have been on the upswing. Taking their place in the environmental niche they inhabit and dominate.

Domestic bees are good specifically for agriculture. It is bad for AGRICULTURE. It isn't going to decimate the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join