It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Forbids Distribution of Film Criticizing Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It amazing that after so much proof that this administration makes inept mistake after inept mistake, lies daily (Iraq WMDs and yellowcake from Africa), supresses the truth, is involved in criminality, engages in torture, and uses its power to cover the truth (namely the Valerie Palme leak and Michael Moore's film) that repugnants REFUSE to accept it as fact. Its amazing.

Do they care more about the ideals of this country or the Bush Administration? It appears to me that they care more about this administration than this country. It appears to me that they are simply a CULT.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What kills me, is that everyone is jumping up and down screaming "Moore is wrong because Eisner says so!" Totally ignoring that Moore explained the whole thing. But beleive who you want to believe, but let's compare who job is it to make money and who's job is it to seek the truth. (I said 'seek'. Even if you don't agree with him, his job is to find answers)

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
no his job is to do whatever it takes to get attention. in turn people buy more of his books and movies...

he's a whore like eisner but he's more subtle about it. dont be fooled by the BS.

he knew they weren't going to release it, thats why he did it, so he could create a stink over nothing, make himself look like a victim when he isnt, make them look more like bad guys and help the the sales figures of his merchandise.

not very clever, its an old trick.

he even admits he knew well in advance (a year) they werent going to release. basically he lied...what a shock!

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

he even admits he knew well in advance (a year) they werent going to release. basically he lied...what a shock!

No, he never admitted that. Moore says:

"A month later, after shooting started, Michael Eisner insisted on meeting with my agent, Ari Emanuel. Eisner was furious that Miramax signed this deal with me. According to Mr. Emanuel, Eisner said he would never let my film be distributed through Disney even though Mr. Eisner had not seen any footage or even read the outline of the film. Eisner told my agent that he did not want to anger Jeb Bush, the governor of Florida. The movie, he believed, would complicate an already complicated situation with current and future Disney projects in Florida, and that many millions of dollars of tax breaks and incentives were at stake.

But Michael Eisner did not call Miramax and tell them to stop my film. Not only that, for the next year, SIX MILLION dollars of DISNEY money continued to flow into the production of making my movie. Miramax assured me that there were no distribution problems with my film.

But then, a few weeks ago when Fahrenheit 9/11 was selected to be in the Cannes Film Festival, Disney sent a low-level production executive to New York to watch the film (to this day, Michael Eisner has not seen the film). This exec was enthusiastic throughout the viewing. He laughed, he cried and at the end he thanked us. "This film is explosive," he exclaimed, and we took that as a positive sign. But �explosive� for these guys is only a good word when it comes to blowing up things in movies. OUR kind of �explosive� is what they want to run from as fast as they can."

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
It amazing that after so much proof that this administration makes inept mistake after inept mistake, lies daily (Iraq WMDs and yellowcake from Africa), supresses the truth, is involved in criminality, engages in torture, and uses its power to cover the truth (namely the Valerie Palme leak and Michael Moore's film) that repugnants REFUSE to accept it as fact. Its amazing.

Do they care more about the ideals of this country or the Bush Administration? It appears to me that they care more about this administration than this country. It appears to me that they are simply a CULT.

What's really amazing is that after your post is proven to be nothing but tripe because Michael Moore ADMITTED to CNN that he lied, you continue to defend him and yourself. What's even MORE amazing is how you try to spin it further and take the heat off yourself by totally changing the subject! There is no and has been no connection between disney and GWB except for the one YOU have MANUFACTURED!!! And NOTHING you have accused the present administration of has any proof...you, as usual, pontificate without any proof what so ever. You care nothing for this country...you simply want to shoot your mouth off about anything and everything. You are a cult of one....

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
What kills me, is that everyone is jumping up and down screaming "Moore is wrong because Eisner says so!" Totally ignoring that Moore explained the whole thing. But beleive who you want to believe, but let's compare who job is it to make money and who's job is it to seek the truth. (I said 'seek'. Even if you don't agree with him, his job is to find answers)

Moore's not a liar because Eisner says he is, he's a liar because he (Moore) ADMIDTS he is!!! He admitted it on CNN!!! (Clinton News Network) He doesn't seek OR tell the truth, and ALL his credibility, what miniscule amount he may have had with radical leftist loony�s, is totally gone now that he has admitted he is a liar. He doesn't seek truth, he finds a hook, exploits it, and when he runs out of leads, he makes them up and misrepresents what people have said by the use of "creative editing". Bowling for Columbine is FULL of lies and misrepresentations. He only seeks money, and the measly 22mil gross he had on his last piece of trash isn't enough to attract any distributor with any scruples. Hell, Disney spends more than that on donuts and coffee at HQ every day!

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Has anyone, anyone, read that CNN interview everyone keeps quoting? I'll give you a link, HERE.
I'll even quote it for you in case you're one of those lazy types who don't like to read (please don't stop reading after the first three sentences):

Moore: Almost a year ago after we'd started making the film, the chairman of Disney, Michael Eisner, told my agent that he was upset that Miramax had made the film -- Disney owns Miramax -- and he will not distribute this film.

Miramax said don't worry about that, keep making the film, we'll keep funding it. The Disney money kept flowing to us for the last year. We finished the film last week, and we take it to the Cannes film festival next week.

On Monday of this week we got final word from Disney that they will not distribute the film. They told my agent they did not want to upset the Bush family, particularly Gov. Bush of Florida because Disney was up for a number of tax incentives, abatements ... whatever. The risk of losing this -- we're talking about tens of millions of dollars -- they didn't want to risk it over a little

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Has anyone, anyone, read that CNN interview everyone keeps quoting? I'll give you a link, HERE.
I'll even quote it for you in case you're one of those lazy types who don't like to read (please don't stop reading after the first three sentences):

Now, since you seem incapable of COMPREHENDING what you posted, I'll go back and paraphrase what the article you posted the link to says. It says that Mirimax was "funding the film", i.e., the filming. There was NEVER, repeat, NEVER, an agreement from either Mirimax OR DISNEY to distribute the film, and Moore admits to that FACT.

Now...in a previous post, you complained that, "Moore is wrong because Eisner says so!" . Well, although I don't much like Michael Eisner, I don't recall seeing anything proving him to be a liar. However, Michael Moore, on the other hand, has been proven time and time again to make fiction, not documentaries. I'm much more inclined to believe someone who has not had the reputation of lying than another who has been PROVEN to be one!

Perhaps you should THINK about the things you read, not just read them. Comprehension is a wonderful thing....

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

What's really amazing is that after your post is proven to be nothing but tripe because Michael Moore ADMITTED to CNN that he lied, you continue to defend him and yourself. What's even MORE amazing is how you try to spin it further and take the heat off yourself by totally changing the subject! There is no and has been no connection between disney and GWB except for the one YOU have MANUFACTURED!!! And NOTHING you have accused the present administration of has any proof...you, as usual, pontificate without any proof what so ever. You care nothing for this country...you simply want to shoot your mouth off about anything and everything. You are a cult of one....

See, how you tried to spin it? I never said there was a connection to GWB abd Disney. I said the connection was Disney and Jeb Bush through tax advantages that may be lost...just as Michael Moore said. and it is YOU who cares nothing for this country. Its easy to say " I support the troops" or "I love America" but when it does WRONG, you have to love this country enough to say it has done wrong. Just as a father would reprimand his son for doing wrong.

If not, you are just a cultmember.....cultmember.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

See, how you tried to spin it? I never said there was a connection to GWB abd Disney. I said the connection was Disney and Jeb Bush through tax advantages that may be lost...just as Michael Moore said. and it is YOU who cares nothing for this country. Its easy to say " I support the troops" or "I love America" but when it does WRONG, you have to love this country enough to say it has done wrong. Just as a father would reprimand his son for doing wrong.

If not, you are just a cultmember.....cultmember.

Let me just quote you here a second...

The Kernal said....
"It amazing that after so much proof that this administration makes inept mistake after inept mistake, lies daily ...."

By this post in this thread you directly imply the gwb administration, no other. Nice try, big lie.

As for me caring about my country, DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION MY LOVE OF THIS COUNTRY! I've been proving it for the last twenty plus years. You haven't done a THING in service of your country except sit on your ass and bitch and lie about everything you don't like. There is NOTHING in this thread that has ANYTHING do to with the country doing anything wrong except in your imagination. Disney doesn't want to distribute a fabricated "documentary" from a proven liar, and you twist and spin it into a government conspiracy. You are so full of # I don't know how you can stand to be in the same room with yourself.
If you mean to imply the Iraqi prisoner situation and me personally, then you are a bigger horses ass than I thought, because this thread has NOTHING to do with that. Besides, if you would do your research before you shoot that enormous scum-filled mouth off, you would know that I have spoken out in no uncertain terms about that intolerable situation in other threads.

So, pull yourself up out of that gutter you live in long enough to show a little respect for those that have spent their lives in the pursuit of the freedom that allows you to be the biggest piece of trash you care to be. I don't just SUPPORT the troops, I AM ONE OF THE TROOPS, you freak.

You prove what a truly vile individual you are with every post....you sycophantic prig.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Let me just quote you here a second...

The Kernal said....
"It amazing that after so much proof that this administration makes inept mistake after inept mistake, lies daily ...."

By this post in this thread you directly imply the gwb administration, no other. Nice try, big lie.

As for me caring about my country, DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION MY LOVE OF THIS COUNTRY! I've been proving it for the last twenty plus years. You haven't done a THING in service of your country except sit on your ass and bitch and lie about everything you don't like. There is NOTHING in this thread that has ANYTHING do to with the country doing anything wrong except in your imagination. Disney doesn't want to distribute a fabricated "documentary" from a proven liar, and you twist and spin it into a government conspiracy. You are so full of # I don't know how you can stand to be in the same room with yourself.
If you mean to imply the Iraqi prisoner situation and me personally, then you are a bigger horses ass than I thought, because this thread has NOTHING to do with that. Besides, if you would do your research before you shoot that enormous scum-filled mouth off, you would know that I have spoken out in no uncertain terms about that intolerable situation in other threads.

So, pull yourself up out of that gutter you live in long enough to show a little respect for those that have spent their lives in the pursuit of the freedom that allows you to be the biggest piece of trash you care to be. I don't just SUPPORT the troops, I AM ONE OF THE TROOPS, you freak.

You prove what a truly vile individual you are with every post....you sycophantic prig.

Ummm, so am I supposed to play TAPS now?

Look, this government coercion of Moore and Disney has been proven time and time again. You fail to see it because you're a cult member of the repugnant kind. Its not my fault you're brainwashed int o believing the lie that only repugnants support the troops which is a LIE because very few repugnant politicians ever serve like Cheney Bush, and the like, unlike Kerry.

Maybe you should vote for a former military man. Then you would know he would look after your best interests.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Ummm, so am I supposed to play TAPS now?

Look, this government coercion of Moore and Disney has been proven time and time again. You fail to see it because you're a cult member of the repugnant kind. Its not my fault you're brainwashed int o believing the lie that only repugnants support the troops which is a LIE because very few repugnant politicians ever serve like Cheney Bush, and the like, unlike Kerry.

Maybe you should vote for a former military man. Then you would know he would look after your best interests.

And you just PROVED that you lied AGAIN!!! Holy crap, yer a moron!!! You ADMITED IT , just like MM did!!! Oh, it's so EASY when you come to a battle of wits unarmed, Kernal!

Proven time and time again??? WHERE???? SHOW ME THE PROOF!!!! You sit there and blather about proven time and again, but you show no proof!!! Are you really that stupid??? I guess you must be!!!

I presume the "military man" you mean is your boy Kerry? Take care of me? You really are a friggin moron!!! He's voted against EVERY military bill that's come up before him! He lied about firefights to get medals!!! He was jacking around with an M-203 grenade launcher, let one fly through his abject stupidity, it hit a rock on the shore and a piece of shrapnel half the size of your pinky nail hit him in the arm. He goes to the doc and makes up a story about a fire fight, and gets a purple heart for a LIE!!!!! It cheapens the meaning of the medal for every serviceman who honestly earned it before and after. He is a JOKE, and so are you.

Vote for Kerry? A traitor who broke faith with his fellow servicemen and lied in front of congress? I think not. You vote for him. Then we can blame YOU when the defense department is raped and the terrorists are given free reign.

What a friggin idiot.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Michael Eisner has, I believe, said it best in response to the NY Times story. Here is a link to his letter to the editor.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
LMAO!!!!
My own title amuses me.
With all due respect to the moderator Colonel,
One would have to be a moderate in order to be an effective moderator. Your political slant has been made obvious here as well as in other threads.

Colonel, I refuse to get into a name calling match with you...Its unproductive and beneath anyone that has an intellect and knows proper debate methods.

I will have to ask for the same proof as Affirmative...
Colonel says;
"Look, this government coercion of Moore and Disney has been proven time and time again. "

Show me the quote from Gov Bush where he threatens to pull taxbreaks from Disney if they release the film.

Show me any quotes from disney executives saying more than, they would be concerned about these tax situations. Of course any business that was getting $$$ (tax incentives) from a government source would question ANY action that would put those programs in jeapordy....Why arent you citing corporate greed as the root cause here? (tax breaks worth more $$ than the film?)

I agree compleatly with Affirmative in that you totally tried to imply that the Presidential administration was involved in some plot to cover up moores film....8 posts later you try to retract your implication and re-state your position. (pg4-post 1, then pg4-post 8)

Colonel,
"This is a complete First Amendment issue because the company fears government retaliation (endangering of tax breaks) if this film is distributed. THIS CHILLS SPEECH! "

I can agree that free speech is in jeapordy ANY time a corporation, (for whatever reason it wants) refuses to release/air, produce, or otherwise give a "voice" to a given piece of media (film, book, music, tv ect..) This can have a chilling effect on free speech. But is the Gov to blame?

Mabey they (gov) did exert secret preassure on disney to hold the release, but

mabey Disney looked at the fact that they didnt want a political scandle attatched to their corporate entities, and for their own percieved security, played it safe.

3 of us on this thread have asked you to put up or shut up as to providing evidence showing this decision was made for political/tax reasons....
the info you have provided implies concern by disney about tax breaks and upseting them, but no where does a reputable representative of the gov (state or local) or Disney ever say...this is what happened and why.

Honestly Colonel, while I disagree with almost everything Ive ever read from you, this would be a booring conspiracy website without you.

Is it possible, that as a moderator, you adopt these wild positions in order to keep the boards interesting and generate controversy? (You cant really believe all the crud you write do you?)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Actually, Moore knew the Disney position for a year.
Turns out this was just a PR stunt, used so Moore can fly Time Warner's corporate jet and ride in their stretch SUV.

Wait, he is against those. Or is he?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
it makes sense.....especially since Disney is partly owned by the aledged Rev. Sun Yung Moon and since the aledged Rev. Sun Yung Moon supports Busche financially why is this a surprise?

...fin

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fin Chron Watchman
it makes sense.....especially since Disney is partly owned by the aledged Rev. Sun Yung Moon and since the aledged Rev. Sun Yung Moon supports Busche financially why is this a surprise?

...fin

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Some kind of proof for this please??? A link perhaps instead of just your word????

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here is the website about Busche and Moon

www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...

And the only proof I can give you about Moon owning part of Disney is that I used to work for New Future Films in NYC, which is a front company of Rev. Moon's, I was in the Financial Research Dept. I came across several payments to a company called "Saban Entertainment" which I found out later is owned by Walt Disney Company. These payments were for buying some of Disney shares. Saban Entertainment is partially Japanese/Chinese owned.

...fin

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fin Chron Watchman
Here is the website about Busche and Moon

www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...

And the only proof I can give you about Moon owning part of Disney is that I used to work for New Future Films in NYC, which is a front company of Rev. Moon's, I was in the Financial Research Dept. I came across several payments to a company called "Saban Entertainment" which I found out later is owned by Walt Disney Company. These payments were for buying some of Disney shares. Saban Entertainment is partially Japanese/Chinese owned.

...fin

Now there's real proof, eh!!!???

A website that has no direct proof, just a bunch of accusations ( and they all look to be republicans...could there be some political twist there? HA!!!)

And you saying, "because I say it's so". Of course, you have NO substantiated evidence.

How about you try again and this time come up with some REAL evidence, huh?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Go to GOOGLE and look for yourself......there are a thousand websites with this information.

Here are 2 more....

www.mapcruzin.com...

www.perkel.com...

The only other proof I can give you about New Future Films being a front organization of Moons is on this site......

www.tlem.net...

And Saban Entertainment being Disney's is here in a press release...

www.newscorp.com...

....fin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join